• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Girls or Boys? XD

Which gender do you choose?

• - Male

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • - Female

Votes: 30 53.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    In response to all the gender bending & gender related topics floating around here at PC I've decided to make things a little more interesting...

So... Let the controversy begin!

Which gender do you prefer? Which gender is the best? (Smartest, nicest, blah, blah, etc, etc.) Basically, just give an opinion & a statement on why you chose that gender.

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
    well i is boy so me no ganna vote girl coz i is boy and boy better hay

hay me is smart u say boy not smart and me is boy u make me cry :'(

lol

Shadow Absol

The Absol of Shadows
    Years
    Actually I heard boys were cheaper to raise and girls were more expensive. Not so with me, because I have 3 horses, so of course raising me is more expensive then your average boy.

And I heard boys were easier to raise cause boys tend to be more laid back and carefree, but not all I said tend to be, so let's not argue over that, I just said I heard that. Girls tend to be more bossy and more demanding...such as my g/f...example:

"Are we going to the mall today?"

"Sorry, I can't, I have to ride my horses today."

"Then I'll come with you."

"No you can't. I can't bring anyone along today."

"Then when you come back we can go to the mall."

"No."

"Why?"

"I have no money."

"Oh then forget that idea...why don't you have any money?"

"You spent it all the last time we went to the mall."

Yep, that was one of our conversations.

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
    Years
    I'm a girl, but I prefer boys...They are so much more fun to hang out with. Conversations with boys tend to be more interesting (no not coversations about girls, I'm not that way..) but girls only seema to talk about incredibly boring stuff like clothes, and they seem to always try to look cute..Bleag... And I agree, boys are carefree, so theyre easy to be around. Yes, I'm the world's biggest tomboy. Get used to it. XD

Shadow Absol

The Absol of Shadows
    Years
    I wish my g/f be alittle bit more tomboyish, instead of spending my money, you should have seen what she spent my 227.09$ on! She made sure to spend every penny! But I still have money in the bank, I kind of lied to her when I said she spent it all! MWAHAHA! Take a lessen from that all you little boys! The only way to keep a women away from your money is to lie or only take so much and say you have no more money! XD

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
    Years
    I only have about 30 dollars in my bak account now -_-;; I need a job. *puts up a flyer advertising babysitting* I think I shall babysit.

Shadow Absol

The Absol of Shadows
    Years
    haha...yeah I heard babysitting pays well this time of year. I work as a stablehand...that means I work at a horse stable, you know feed horses, clean stalls, listen to country music.

aaaaaa

I could write a 40,000 character post as to why.
    But I'll keep it simple.
    Look at a womans body. It's an artpiece. It's lovely, and smooth, and curvy. No two are alike, and 90% of our values of beauty are based on the female body. Guys call cars 'her', for example, to say that they think the car is beautiful.
    Then look at a guys body.
    A wooden plank with a nail sticking out.
    Yay.

Shadow Absol

The Absol of Shadows
    Years
    Now you have to remember that 45% of the women in the US are obesse, and only 24% of men are obesse. So yeah I think that cuts down on the beauty aspect of women by at least half.

And as for cars, it'd be kind of creepy for a guy to call a car "him" then you have to assume somethings wrong with him. XD So that explains that.

But I do agree that the athletic female body is a thing of beauty, so is 150 pounds of muscle. Men are supposed to be the rugged and untamed, women are supposed to be the delicate and beautiful. So that's what I make of your arguement.

aaaaaa

The media's ratings of obese are totally crapolla.
    I know a girl who's 5'9, 169lbs.
    By your American Media Standards, she's obese.
    Isn't it interesting though, that not only is she perfectly proportionate, but that when she lost 20lbs out of depression, her period stopped?
    You can't typecast obesity into weight/vs/height.
    All it does is depress people, by turning people into hateful morons.
    And for your information, Elly, that girl, is one of the most gorgeous girls I've ever known. Obese, my ****.

I'm sorry, but the 'rugged and untamed' notion is obselete.
    We don't hunt for our food, we don't fight each other hand to hand for supremecy.
    And women don't have to be delicate, either.
    I've got a like-minded friend, Kat, who's even shorter than me, that could probably kick any man's butt if it came to it.
    Does it make her any less beautiful?
    Not at all.

Stereotypes become outdated.
    Beauty is a constant.

Shadow Absol

The Absol of Shadows
    Years
    Well I'm a bit of a cowboy. I have 3 horses, big stable, I work there. So that's how I see men and women anyway.

And as for obesity, their morons if they think only height and weight have to do with obesity. It depends on your muscle to fat ratio because muscle weighs more than fat, which can make you heavier. And your natural body build, if your naturally big boned (Yes people can really be just big boned, remember not everybody is alike and neither are there bones) that will make them seem heavier than most, and there are many more factors so if you want to know if your obesse don't use one of those stupid weighing scales, they lie! And I'm serious.

But if you look at over all full grown women about 45% of them weigh over what they are supposed to weigh, based on all the factors to determine your proper weight.

Missingno Baby

Moyasimon Addict
    Years
    Dear Lord, I know where this topic will end up.....
    ok, only on my opinon, girls. The following will be a biased opinion.
    #1 Who gives a dang about what you look like?
    #2 We have to put up with a lot more crap than guys do....
    i.e.
    Stupid rap songs,
    annoying perverts*,
    period-ness,
    really annoying sexual harassment,
    little kids telling me that my breasts are waaaaaaaaaay too big "Hey! You have really big.-" yeah i thought so c'mon they're not that big, my circumference is only like 35 inches around....:),
    the kids saying that boys are better,
    Michael Jackson! He's ruining my image!
    Etc.....
    Etc.....
    He he
    * Who the heck wants to see a naked man?

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- Grrr.... -_- -_- -_-

Shadow Absol said:
    Now you have to remember that 45% of the women in the US are obesse, and only 24% of men are obesse. So yeah I think that cuts down on the beauty aspect of women by at least half.

And as for cars, it'd be kind of creepy for a guy to call a car "him" then you have to assume somethings wrong with him. XD So that explains that.

But I do agree that the athletic female body is a thing of beauty, so is 150 pounds of muscle. Men are supposed to be the rugged and untamed, women are supposed to be the delicate and beautiful. So that's what I make of your arguement.
    That is so wrong! Delicate and beautiful? I'm a girl and there is nothing that I enjoy more than beating the snot out of stupid people with my brain!!! (Uhh, yeah, so what if I suck at sports, I'm sooo much smarter than everyone, I'm gonna take over microsoft, I ain't delecate or blah blah...) Anyways, girls are always good at getting their way or being the boss. But they talk about the dumbest things (most do anyway, I talk about how much better my computer is since I built it and video games and stuff) like makeup. How pointless is makeup!!! Like wow, makeup. It does not entertain you, it does not make your life easier. It is 100% pointless! I mean, as long as your clean and don't smell or anything like that, there is no point in being "pretty" or whatever. And how they do their hair for so long everyday. It could add up to years spended doing their hair when instead they could of been doing other things! I mean, sure brush it, put in a pony tail or whatever to get it out of your face, but the braids and stuff! I mean it really hurts your head AND it has no purpose because a simple ponytail could have done the samething. And glitter, boy do I hate that stuff! It sticks to you and never comes off! And even when it does, it comes off all over the floor, the couch and stuff! It makes such a horrible mess! And most girls are bored out of their skulls when its summer because they don't play sports or like video games so they call their friends over and talk about makeup!!! It drives me crazy! I mean people like makeup and talk about it!!! It is really dumb. And dresses, ick, those things are stupid too. I mean, pants are soo much better, you can run in a dress, and you can't sit funny like I do sometimes :P I think that if all the stores slowly had more merchandise that was more appeling to people like me (like clothes, DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE NO DRAGON SHIRTS FOR GIRLS??? I WANT ONE BUT GUESS WHAT??? IT DOESN'T EXIST!!! -_-) that in the future, more girls will start to like video games and technology (like computers) and more stuff like sports (I HATE YOU JCPENNY'S I HATE YOU LIMETED TOO!!! I HATE YOU KOHLS!!! I HATE YOU K-MART!!! I HATE YOU WAL-MART!!!...and so on...)

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    Yeah, females are cool. They look dead sexy... And yes, for the most part, they go through some serious stuff between 12-50 years of age. So I guess I choose females?

al337a said:
    And women don't have to be delicate, either.
    I've got a like-minded friend, Kat, who's even shorter than me, that could probably kick any man's butt if it came to it.
    Problem is, the majority of guys prefer delicate women...
    Missingno Baby said:
    Dear Lord, I know where this topic will end up.....
    Yep, so do I. Twas the point. ;)
    Missingno Baby said:
    * Who the heck wants to see a naked man?
    A gay guy...
    Pokedragonfire said:
    That is so wrong! Delicate and beautiful? I'm a girl and there is nothing that I enjoy more than beating the snot out of stupid people with my brain!!! (Uhh, yeah, so what if I suck at sports, I'm sooo much smarter than everyone, I'm gonna take over microsoft, I ain't delecate or blah blah...) Anyways, girls are always good at getting their way or being the boss. But they talk about the dumbest things (most do anyway, I talk about how much better my computer is since I built it and video games and stuff) like makeup. How pointless is makeup!!! Like wow, makeup. It does not entertain you, it does not make your life easier. It is 100% pointless! I mean, as long as your clean and don't smell or anything like that, there is no point in being "pretty" or whatever. And how they do their hair for so long everyday. It could add up to years spended doing their hair when instead they could of been doing other things! I mean, sure brush it, put in a pony tail or whatever to get it out of your face, but the braids and stuff! I mean it really hurts your head AND it has no purpose because a simple ponytail could have done the samething. And glitter, boy do I hate that stuff! It sticks to you and never comes off! And even when it does, it comes off all over the floor, the couch and stuff! It makes such a horrible mess! And most girls are bored out of their skulls when its summer because they don't play sports or like video games so they call their friends over and talk about makeup!!! It drives me crazy! I mean people like makeup and talk about it!!! It is really dumb. And dresses, ick, those things are stupid too. I mean, pants are soo much better, you can run in a dress, and you can't sit funny like I do sometimes I think that if all the stores slowly had more merchandise that was more appeling to people like me (like clothes, DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE NO DRAGON SHIRTS FOR GIRLS??? I WANT ONE BUT GUESS WHAT??? IT DOESN'T EXIST!!! -_-) that in the future, more girls will start to like video games and technology (like computers) and more stuff like sports (I HATE YOU JCPENNY'S I HATE YOU LIMETED TOO!!! I HATE YOU KOHLS!!! I HATE YOU K-MART!!! I HATE YOU WAL-MART!!!...and so on...)
    Feel better now?

Last edited:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I hoped it wouldn?t have come to this...with all the screwed-up happenings around PC I suppose this topic was bound to appear, but I?d hoped against it =/ Now I?m going to be very unpopular for saying this, but there is no such thing as supremacy of either gender, and this whole ?are boys better than girls?? or vice-versa is pointless. I?ve been around and observed enough people to realize that we?re basically the same, but we?re made to be different because society plays up the differences more than the similarities...there is no superiority, and except for a few overzealous woman-haters and amazons, I doubt anyone in society believes that there is any superiority. We?re far out of the days when women lived to cook and clean, where men farmed and hunted all day, where the nobility of civilizations past made up the foolish rules for what roles genders can have...we should be able to have male nurses and female construction workers...there?s nothing wrong with going about a task you enjoy...people I see everywhere I go coexist with both genders the same, there?s unity and equality now. I, for one, couldn?t choose, because there are different attributes of each that I prefer...for matters of love, since I am a man I search for a woman who can be a companion to me. For matters of friendship, since I am a man I can identify with other men more, thus making them easier to befriend...women are more sensitive and understanding, men understand my sense of humor more...since there are all sorts of people of all types of personalities, I can safely say that there is no mold for the way a gender should act, and anyone who says ?all of this gender acts this way? is blind to the individuality of everyone around them, or if they?ve gotten that perception from the people they do see, the individuality of those they have not and will not ever see. Men don?t have to be able to bench-press 500 LBS and down a case of beers a day, and women don?t have to love pink and be overly sweet...I don?t act like a stereotypical manly-man, I just sit at the computer, play video games, and advance my range of knowledge through reading and education, and I feel like more of a man than any macho guy could...same goes for women; pinkness and cuteness just isn?t needed these days. We need each other to survive, of course, and we usually don?t feel complete without someone of the opposite gender to help us through life...both are completely capable of completing any task set before them (as long as they?re smart enough), both feel the full spectrum of emotion, both have revolutionary ideas; when it comes down to it we?re evenly matched.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I dun really know. I dun think there is any gender better, cus we both got it bad. O_o; And yes, I agree with Kaga, no gender is superior.

People are happier with their gender depending on their personality. Somebody who is gentle and sensitive should be women, peeps who are aggressive and demanding should be guys. I would prefer to be a guy, but not cus I think their better, but because they fit me better. X.x;

*dies*

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years
    Oh dear, i feel a flame war coming on.... @@
    Please don't take this personally, but this is a awkward and rather well, silly poll. IMO, i don't think either sex is better, and only having a poll answer either 'Girls' or 'Boys' and not a inbetween or 'I don't think either sex is better' option, then it's just going to create sexisim issues and stuff :/

Missingo Baby said:
    #1 Who gives a dang about what you look like?
    #2 We have to put up with a lot more crap than guys do....
    i.e.
    Stupid rap songs,
    annoying perverts*,
    period-ness,
    really annoying sexual harassment,
    little kids telling me that my breasts are waaaaaaaaaay too big "Hey! You have really big.-" yeah i thought so c'mon they're not that big, my circumference is only like 35 inches around....
    I know what ya mean Missingo Baby, i feel abit like that too. On a basis of the battle of the sexes and what gender is luckier ect, i feel that Girls have more problems in some ways. Like Missingo baby's points.

- Certain Rap lyrics, which i find rather sexist and sick towards the Female gender. Grrrrrr, i hate it.

- Period-ness. Period pains are the worst of it, two words: Pure ****.

- Perverts...yes i've had my fair share at School.

- Sterotyping. Yeah, i know boys get it too, but sometimes it feels as if Girls get more. I feel as if the world thinks the word 'Girl' means the colour pink, makeup, romance, dresses ect. ect. --;

- I've also had stupid little boys who comment on my breasts. Bleuh x.x

Last edited:

Missingno Baby

Moyasimon Addict
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    civilizations past made up the foolish rules for what roles genders can have...we should be able to have male nurses and female construction workers...there?s nothing wrong with going about a task you enjoy...QUOTE]

Like how I want to be a professional...um, futball player and an artist!

Wait! Ithought racismdoesn't exsist nomore, then how do you explain so many things girls/ women still ain't allowed to do? ie. ..baseball player...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I agree with Chairman Kaga. Both genders are "equal". Everyone has their own distinct personality. If you're going to judge based on stereotypes, then that's another story.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back