• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Girls or Boys? XD

Which gender do you choose?

• - Male

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • - Female

Votes: 30 53.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    I think boys are eaiser to raise, and since I'm a boy, I pick boy. I want to take my vote back though, because girls are cool too. Girls, i think, are more independant. I think they use their brains more than guys, and they have our children. Well, I did vote for male, but I think we're equal.

Years
    ahh, a heated debate. well, my skill is critisisim, so I shall point out what is wrong with both genders.

Men first:
    while both genders lie, they do it for different reasons. More than likly for a male, these lies are based around methods of impressing thier peers or girlfriends.

Men, sadly enough, are the majority of the time totally obsessed with a female's body, more obsessing over looks than anything.

Men, in groups or alone, are some of the most dangerouss things to female teenagers. need I explain this further?

Wow, in kidnapping cases, 99% of the tme, the kidnapper is a guy. odd huh?

Men get to have a lot of the jobs that girls can't, and they tend to have better pay. Wal-mart was recently sued for that reason.

Men tend to assume ladies are frail little people who can't bear to break thier nails. that was a comment somebody made before I nearly broke thier jaw.

Done with the men, now here's what I think is off about girls:

P.M.S, I admit it, becasue of that i can become extremly explosive and upset, and I hate every instant of it.

Girls tend to lay on the 'damsel in destress' act to get the attention of a male. when I see somebody acting like that, it burns me.

Girls seem to also act like a girly girl, for the purpose stated above.

Women lie as often as men do, but for different reasons. the most commen lie is soemthing along 'oh, I love your hair' mostly for the purpose of not hurting anyone's feelings.

I'm done rantign for now...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    My responses are in bold.
    Flygon_trainer said:
    ahh, a heated debate. well, my skill is critisisim, so I shall point out what is wrong with both genders.

Men first:
    while both genders lie, they do it for different reasons. More than likly for a male, these lies are based around methods of impressing thier peers or girlfriends.

I lie occassionly, but rarely. But I hate it and I end up apologizing within the minute afterwards, even if they didn't know I was lying.I'm very quick to apologize, hence my avatar at the moment.

Men, sadly enough, are the majority of the time totally obsessed with a female's body, more obsessing over looks than anything.

Not every guy is like that.

Men, in groups or alone, are some of the most dangerouss things to female teenagers. need I explain this further?

The majority of my friends are girls and I would never do anything harmful to them or anyone.

Wow, in kidnapping cases, 99% of the tme, the kidnapper is a guy. odd huh?

Men get to have a lot of the jobs that girls can't, and they tend to have better pay. Wal-mart was recently sued for that reason.

Men tend to assume ladies are frail little people who can't bear to break thier nails. that was a comment somebody made before I nearly broke thier jaw.

I don't assume that.

Done with the men, now here's what I think is off about girls:

P.M.S, I admit it, becasue of that i can become extremly explosive and upset, and I hate every instant of it.

Girls tend to lay on the 'damsel in destress' act to get the attention of a male. when I see somebody acting like that, it burns me.

I hate it too.

Girls seem to also act like a girly girl, for the purpose stated above.

Once again...I hate that too.

Women lie as often as men do, but for different reasons. the most commen lie is soemthing along 'oh, I love your hair' mostly for the purpose of not hurting anyone's feelings.

I'm done rantign for now...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Er... This thread is getting a little edgy, and I'll be watching it. If any flaming goes on, then it is going to be closed.

Anyways, like some other people here said, I don't think that either gender is superior. Men are supposed to be the head of their family when they have one, but they're supposed to treat their wives and everyone else with respect, and they're not any better than women.
    I do think, though, that boys are harder to raise when they're younger, and girls are harder to raise when they're older, so that's a tie, lol. ^_^;

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Dont worry im sure there wont be any flaming ^^ and trust me there wont be any from me i am against sexism (lol is that a word XD) yeah but some people say men are more atheletic and that is not completely accurate

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    SSMarik said:
    Females are defanetly smarter kinder and cooler then boys...

You're still at the age where you think we have cooties, eh?

Let me assure you that those thoughts come because, likely, you bond mostly with girls at this point in time...that'll change in a couple of years, but for now you see men as, in a word, disgusting...you'll be shocked to discover that there are men that are just as smart and kind as women...I admit boys seem to have a lessend desire for academic excellence, but those who pursue intelligence are a respectable bunch. And men are incredibly kind if you find the right ones...definitely not the ones that would be likely to ogle you, but the other ones who are easy-going and willing to befriend you. We're really not as filthy as grade-school girls think we are...

Oh, and coolness isn't an issue. Two or three more years and nobody around you, save the preps, will care about coolness, especially anything relating to gender supremacy.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Girls Powar Forever! XD
    We will take the world! XD
    Now talking seriously, We are prettier and smarter! =^__^=

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
    well i agree with prettier but with smarter i just have to look at a blond and dissagree (no effence to blonds) btw i have crossed some pretty dumb girls (and they wernt even blond :\)

i hersd somewhere that girls can take more pain then boys *pinches sister* *sister crys* dont know if thats actually true

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    I hoped it wouldn?t have come to this...with all the screwed-up happenings around PC I suppose this topic was bound to appear, but I?d hoped against it =/ Now I?m going to be very unpopular for saying this, but there is no such thing as supremacy of either gender, and this whole ?are boys better than girls?? or vice-versa is pointless. I?ve been around and observed enough people to realize that we?re basically the same, but we?re made to be different because society plays up the differences more than the similarities...there is no superiority, and except for a few overzealous woman-haters and amazons, I doubt anyone in society believes that there is any superiority. We?re far out of the days when women lived to cook and clean, where men farmed and hunted all day, where the nobility of civilizations past made up the foolish rules for what roles genders can have...we should be able to have male nurses and female construction workers...there?s nothing wrong with going about a task you enjoy...people I see everywhere I go coexist with both genders the same, there?s unity and equality now. I, for one, couldn?t choose, because there are different attributes of each that I prefer...for matters of love, since I am a man I search for a woman who can be a companion to me. For matters of friendship, since I am a man I can identify with other men more, thus making them easier to befriend...women are more sensitive and understanding, men understand my sense of humor more...since there are all sorts of people of all types of personalities, I can safely say that there is no mold for the way a gender should act, and anyone who says ?all of this gender acts this way? is blind to the individuality of everyone around them, or if they?ve gotten that perception from the people they do see, the individuality of those they have not and will not ever see. Men don?t have to be able to bench-press 500 LBS and down a case of beers a day, and women don?t have to love pink and be overly sweet...I don?t act like a stereotypical manly-man, I just sit at the computer, play video games, and advance my range of knowledge through reading and education, and I feel like more of a man than any macho guy could...same goes for women; pinkness and cuteness just isn?t needed these days. We need each other to survive, of course, and we usually don?t feel complete without someone of the opposite gender to help us through life...both are completely capable of completing any task set before them (as long as they?re smart enough), both feel the full spectrum of emotion, both have revolutionary ideas; when it comes down to it we?re evenly matched.
    While your opinion of equality brings out a very valid point, EQUALITY WASN'T ONE OF THE CHOICES! I will say though, I agree with everything you said 100% Well, actually, I only read about 50% of what you wrote...

Anyway, I think it's healthy to start up a controversial topic like this every now & then. Keeps things interesting. ;)

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    There should be an 'equality' chioce or something. Cus I dun think either gender is superior. =/ But meh, these kinds of polls make good debates. Which one should I choose..? *keeps talking to herself*

*dies*

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
    Years
    Last I checked the census it said the world has more females than males, not by much. This doesnt mean anything however, just a pointless kinda-related fact

Many people say girls are smarter than boys, many examples I can agree with. But 90% of the girls I know in real life, I'd have to disagree that they're smarter.

Girls at an earlier adolescence age and earlier seem to think men are the scum of the earth, besides family. Boys, however, around that age, from what I've seen, can realize the fact that the opposite sex is a living, breath, equal being as well. Just what I've been observing.

I voted girls, mainly because... its like, natural for guys to like girls, and vice-versa... but um... I'll shut up now...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Well, I think that 'girls are smarter than boys' thing popped up only because most girls mature faster than boys, in both mental and physical ways. Around 13, girls normally start calming down and acting more mature, while boys are usually pretty immature and they like to act crazy. O_o Lol. This may not be true in every case, but from what I've seen, I think that it usually is.

The only exception is some of the people in their late teens, if you've seen how some of them act... Eh.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Haha! I honeztly don't think either iz zuperior ^o^ While I prefere to hang around boyz that'z defanetly not becauze they're better than girlz.
    You can zee a girl that dozn't apear to be the zharpezt tool in the zhed, who'z not all around very phyzicly fit either. But look around zomemore and you're gaurenteed to find a boy juzt like that. And I think the reazon zome girlz, moztly blondez (zteriotype) are percived to be dumb, iz becauze of attracting boyz. Take Jessica Simpson for example, in a recent magazine zhe waz titled the mozt beutifull woman in the world...but zhe'z not real bright iz zhe? And many of the men interveiwed in the zpecial featuring thiz magazine'z lizt zaid that her "blondnezz" waz much of what made her zo attractive....Well, zhe'z alzo zaid that that'z juzt an act. O_o Zo really, zhe'z not ztupid, but actz zo for men. I alzo have a friend, he'z a real idiot mozt of the time and can be quite a ditz, but hiz gradez put mine to zhame. And he'z really popular with the girlz, and it'z not becauze of hiz lookz, I can tell ya that much >;D
    Zo hmmm...

~Neither iz better, but I perzonally like boyz better~

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Well, believe it or not, Jessica Simpson's natural hair color is actually brown, and so are some other stars, such as Hilary Duff. (That's creepy, because I've been told that I look like her several times, and her natural eye and hair colors are the same as mine. o_o) I don't see why they would dye their hair, though... I bet they look better with their natural look.

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    Kayleigh said:
    Well, believe it or not, Jessica Simpson's natural hair color is actually brown, and so are some other stars, such as Hilary Duff. (That's creepy, because I've been told that I look like her several times, and her natural eye and hair colors are the same as mine. o_o) I don't see why they would dye their hair, though... I bet they look better with their natural look.
    You know, that's weird; because, you would think Hilary was always a blonde. When she was about 10 or 11, she was in "Casper Meets Wendy" and she was pretty blonde, heh. I don't think they'd dye her hair at that young of an age. Maybe it was just one of those random rumors again. Her sister, Haylie, is a natural brunette, though. Hmm, and I recall hearing that Jessica Simpson was a natural blonde...it was on some official AOL thing that told you all of the big stars' natural hair colors in their bios, lol. ^_^ (Although, you can see that both of them have semi-brown roots on the top of their head...so who knows...O_o)

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Teara said:
    Haha! I honeztly don't think either iz zuperior ^o^ While I prefere to hang around boyz that'z defanetly not becauze they're better than girlz.
    You can zee a girl that dozn't apear to be the zharpezt tool in the zhed, who'z not all around very phyzicly fit either. But look around zomemore and you're gaurenteed to find a boy juzt like that. And I think the reazon zome girlz, moztly blondez (zteriotype) are percived to be dumb, iz becauze of attracting boyz. Take Jessica Simpson for example, in a recent magazine zhe waz titled the mozt beutifull woman in the world...but zhe'z not real bright iz zhe? And many of the men interveiwed in the zpecial featuring thiz magazine'z lizt zaid that her "blondnezz" waz much of what made her zo attractive....Well, zhe'z alzo zaid that that'z juzt an act. O_o Zo really, zhe'z not ztupid, but actz zo for men. I alzo have a friend, he'z a real idiot mozt of the time and can be quite a ditz, but hiz gradez put mine to zhame. And he'z really popular with the girlz, and it'z not becauze of hiz lookz, I can tell ya that much >;D
    Zo hmmm...

~Neither iz better, but I perzonally like boyz better~
    I can see a few of those sterotypes in your post. I am one of the smartest people in my grade and I'm a girl. Okay, okay, so I'm lazy. I like to make webpages and draw dragons and pokemon and neopets and I like to play video games and stuff. (I'm SO glad my hair isn't blonde) I never act dumb (maybe insane or crazy lol, but never stupid) :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back