• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Give ONE reason to HATE

hoennshipperxxx

pokémonmaster in training
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    oh yeah, now i have one more reason:

the stupid pikachu who seems to be super effective at everything

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
    I actually have two reasons, but since I can only use one I will give the one that is actually the fault of Pokemon itself:

One word: Bidoof

Ratatta had the awesome Super Fang and Hyper Fang moves in addition to Quick Attack. Zigzagoon could learn almost every HM and pick up items for you.

Bidoof, however, is worse than Sentret. Despite Sentret's mediocre speed stat, it could use Quick Attack. Bidoof, however, can't. The only thing Bidoof is good for is Breeding because it has some cool moves--and that's only if the Bidoof is male.

Last edited:

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    The repetive "music". GAAH! It repeats over and over and over again! Nintendo, at least make it more orignal! (Example: Sky Pillar "music" same as Team Aqua Hideout)
    Not to mention Bidoof! I was chaning for a Shiny Budew when a Bidoof got in my way!
    And of course, the dumb anime! Ash: Let's go fight a Gym! (halfway through the episode) It's Team Rocket with Ash costumes on! (5 hrs later) Hey, wait a minute, I'm Ash!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    One reason to hate Pokémon? The games are becoming less and less fun with each generation because each generation is too much alike. It's the exact same objective over and over again - to collect eight gym badges while stopping Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Galactic/whatever team they'll come up with next from carrying out their evil intentions. It's lacking originality, really. :x

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    Oh wow now that I think about it..Alot of things gimem a reason to hate pokemon..but I <3 it.. weird o_O..

Okay..Training ,repetive storylines and the event pokemon..how you have to go to new york or something just to get super cool pokemon ;----;...

Training - Just gets reaaaalllly boooring

Repetive storylines- Well I have to say I wish they get a new storyline.

the 3rd reason: arrgh it just makes me mad D<

Anyway even though theres so many reasons to hate pokemon..I don't.. because I guess it was one of the first video games I got into like zelda.. So I guess the first games you get into for me..I just get really clingy about what first got me into such games.. Pokemon was the FIRST game that got me interested in in rpg's. t first when I first got it..i had no idea what to do in red and blue xD like I would wander around pallet for hours and trying to figure out what to do rofl xD.. I think back to when it was so simple and red and blue and see how far we have come ince the red and blue games. I guess I could never bring myelf to hate Pokemon because it opened my mind to all sorts of games. Taking on the role of a different character and having an adventure.. thats my dream *-*

..Now I want virtual reality o_o;;;..

Back on topic..

I'd have to say that I'm pretty peeved that people like that would go post a thread like that just to try and tick us off. It ticks me off that people have to be so close-minded about things. They think just because they don't like that everybody can't like it, its pretty disgusting in my opinion.. they can't respect what people like and have to make fun of us pokefans just to prove their point about being ZANTS!!!!!! I feel that theres no need for such thins like that.. Just because some people think pokemon is "childish" doesn't mean they have to go insulting us about it. If you ask me and every person on here that they are the childish ones and have nothing better to do.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    I just want Ash to lose to someone who deserves it for once!

Oh, and was anyone else pissed off when Pikachu killed the Rhyhorn/Rhydon? (forgot which)
    Ash was like, "I'll use his Lightning Rod Ability to make my electric attack hit him harder!"
    *Pikachu Zaps and faints Rhydon/horn*
    Everyone watching: " GAWD, ASH IS A CHEATER!!!!!!!!! RHYDON(/HORN) IS A EFFIN' GROUND TYPE!!!!!!11!!!!1!!!!!one!!!!!1!!!!!

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    For me, They are, you know, too much childish, not even a little violence. And when team rocket fall from a great height, they don't get severly injured.
    I'm always getting sick when I hear their motto. I change the channel they they are saying that!

Swampert trainer

A begining sprite editor
    Years
    Two reasons
    1: The anime is so stupid every episode "im ash lets fight a gym" 4 minutes later "i lost and im going to challenge it again and my pikachu will own a onix even though hes a rock type"
    2:one run characters its like the have no meening but to advance the plot or act as a filler

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    @BassFace: I have too agree with all of these points. But mainly point #2. It gets boring that Team Rocket always stole pikachu and pikachu would blow whatever they used up with a thunderbolt. The only thing that ever changes is how they catch pikachu. And everyone is like "GASP" and ash sees pikachu falling, runs over too pikachu and catches him in mid air.

ToasterKing2000 i believe this was in the episode where Ash lost Togepi and went looking for it and found it in the gym and Gary made his way in and challenged Giovanni and lost too Mewtwo and Ash saw him on the floor and then Ash challenged 8th Gym but Giovanni had too do something so he left James, Jessie and Meowth in charge. Then ash challenged them and pikachu destroyed Machoke, Kingler and a Rhydon with 1 ThunderBolt

The_oz

I am Oz!
    Years
    In my opinion, pokemon started falling apart around the time Ruby came out
    When R/B/Y were out,pokemon was great
    when G/S/C were out, it got even better
    to be honest, in my opinion the anime sukcs. Period. When Ruby and Sapphire came out the pokemon started looking like crap =X

ѕℓσωвяσ

PK Rockin' ★☆
    Years
    All or most of the generation III & IV pokemon look like stuffed toys you'd find in a babys room. Pachirisu. What the heck. Bidoof. What the .. ing heck. MIME JR. What the heck.

Vie

Years
    well, I have no reason to hate it, but sometimes its just annoying if people are like: "what? you play pokemon? isnt that for five-year olds?"
    so the only reason might be: people are getting on my nerves.
    I dont know why they care about that, and if they have nothing elso to do they are just pathethic.

oh and the running-out-of-ideas-thing is also a bit annoying. a bit.

before I forget it:
    to fate101 and Oni Raichu:

I know it would have been better to ignore them, and I know what I have to practise is dont care, but I just could not watch them behave like this. I tried to be diplomatic and talk normal, but it obviously did not work. Im a person which is too rash and too hasty, that is probably why I can never shut up. Next time (I hope there wont be one) I will behave. Sorry.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't hate Pokemon, its just that sometimes it gets annoying. Like when your surfing and millions of Tentacool attack you every 2 seconds and Zubats in caves. That is just SO ANNOYING

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Magmortar.

Just generally Magmortar, it's design, it's sprite etc.

I couldn't agree more with you. Ugh. And Probapass is just laughable. Really, a Pokemon with a moustache?

I'm surprised that so many people hate Bidoof and Bibaral. OK, it isn't a brilliant Pokemon.. but there is worse.

I don't hate Pokemon, its just that sometimes it gets annoying. Like when your surfing and millions of Tentacool attack you every 2 seconds and Zubats in caves. That is just SO ANNOYING

LOL I have the same XD

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    I don't like how each generation comes with new Pokémon to fill the same roles of other Pokémon.
    Specifically, we don't need a new form of Rattata every game. This means that Sentret, Zigzagoon, and Bidoof could have been easily left out, or at least reused in next games.
    Flying types annoy me too. Honestly, I'd be fine with two or three Flying/Normal, but we have Pidgey, Starly, Hoothoot, Taillow, and Spearow to name only a few.

In a nutshell, Nintendo made too many Pokémon and reused too few.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    uhh.... USE MAX REPELS. It's that simple.

ONE reason to hate??
    i can give more!!
    the anime for example, what the **** how stupid can u make it??!
    - theres no f*king plot in it.
    - ash! the retard: hah i want to be a pokemon master! hey there are some guys that we dont know! (10 mins later) oh no its team rocket with only a fake mustache! -.-
    - team rocket! cant they get rid of it??!! we're gonna steal your pickachu! we tried many times! y is it gonna work this time??! i don't know but we always get money for this from our stupid boss!
    oh no we're blasting off agaaaaaaain! how many times do the writers think that we have to hear that before we dont think its funny anymore??!
    - they TOTALLY ruined the good characters of the manga!
    red became rotten ash!
    blue became gary!
    green isnt even in there!
    yellow same as green!
    gold, silver, crystal same!
    ruby same!
    sapphire became stupid may!
    emerald and wally: nothing!

hhmm what did i haven't told yet?
    oh yea! -.-
    - it's all happy rainbows! never something really bad happens! is it still exciting then??!
    - there is also nothing funny in it! if i needed to think very harshly and then name funny things then i can think of only one thing! (i have to say that that was a good joke ^-^)

i still feel like i've forgotten something....

maybe...
    - the censuring -.- you don't see an arbok split in 2, you dont see 2 magmar crushed in pieces, you dont see a salamence slashing and hitting someone's head, leaving a scar.

i think i've named enough things now?

Hoennshipperxxx
    OMG dude.... you are my hero. I mean it.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ash. I hate him. It's the one reason why I hate the shows. And it's repetitive and babyish. But the games? Well, some of the newer Pokemon are less-than-stellar in design...

Back