• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Giving back

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    My Parents are divorced so my mums pays for the things for my dad and my dad pays for the things for my mum.

We also buy for cousins and grandparents.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Yup, I give lots of things to everyone, and at last Im a begging person without a penny.

~Celebi

Years
    Hmmm, reviving old thread, but this is such a fun topic! :D

I have money left over from my summer job (and college financial aid, hahaha), so I bought presents! :3

mom: hand lotion and foot cream, a mom mood detector kit, and a pressure cooker.
    little brother: a uc davis t-shirt, 'good eats' dvd box set, ipod earphones with a $15 itunes gift card.
    dad: 'uc davis dad' keychain
    roommate #1: Lion Plushie, How to make sushi kit with materials.
    roommate #2: Puppy Plushie, Sleeping kit.
    friend #1: lotion set
    friend #2: bubble bath and hand soap
    friend #3: bubble bath and snowman plushie
    friend #4: doggy beanbag
    friend #5: kitten beanbag
    neighbor: perfume and lotion set with sees lollipops
    bible study leader: lotion and body spray set
    other people: chocolate.

...as a result, I am broke. :'(

At least you provided them with temporal happiness before you got broke.

Last edited:

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, here's what I brought for my family and friends. x3
    I got my little brother:
    Super Mario Advance 4: SMB3
    Wii Zapper/Link's Crossbow Training
    Naruto : Clash of Ninja Revolution
    Some Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards

My sister:
    Mario Party 8

My parents:
    Laptop and Router

Friends:
    Zelda: Minish Cap
    2000 Wii Points
    SMB3 via virtual console
    Nintendo USB Wifi adapter
    LoZ: OoT Master Quest
    Random Christmas cards. XD

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    ºoº .......... How much money do you possibly have Jeremy!? >___< t-that would sum up.... A LOT! ;O; I want the LoZ: OoT Master Quest ;O;... but I got some nice gifts, I can't complain... but still... that's a lot of money you spent Jeremy ._.

And to answer Chikara's question... no, I don't give presents... what?... don't look at me that way! it was an honest mista-I mean... what? they don't expect anything back, right?... besides... I'm broke! I'm always broke... okay I'm saving for neat future! that money is out of the question... STOP IT, your stares are certainly frightening.

(I do give presents back, REALLY =D)

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I get gifts for people but only ones that I'm certain are giving me gifts. So yeah, I'm kinda selfish. Especially because I asked everybody for $5.00 for christmas and the gifts I gave out were in a 3-for-1 sale.

Years
    I spend my own money at Christmas to buy a present for my little brother and presents for my close friends. I usually don't buy for any other relatives or people in general, though. I'll probably start buying for aunts and uncles and cousins when I turn eighteen.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It depends on the person. Like this year, I bought a present for my mom, and three presents for someone else. The other person, however, was someone that I wanted to know how much I cared for him, so that's why he got four DVDs and a card. >< My mom was happy with the present I got her. And this year I could buy the presents with my own money, since I have a job. Other years, no one got anything.

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
    Nah, more often than not I'm broke, and when I'm not, I'm incredibly cheap. Most people know not to ask me for return presents coz I'd tell them I'm broke but, from the kindness of my heart, offer them an old pair of underwear I don't wear anymore. No one's accepted it yet but I have faith. The good thing about my friends is that they're willing to accept a simple "thanks" most of the time. Whenever I'm in a good mood and I have a few bucks to spare, I'd think about getting something for them. My parents never ask or expect presents from me. I can only remember two occasions I ever bought anything for them. Hm. I really need to start being more grateful.

Back