• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gladiators [T]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
  • Dia struggled weakly when the red Swampert picked her up. She turned her head and bit his arm, but between her current state and the swampert's tough skin, she did nothing to his arm. He was whispering calming words to her, which she didn't believe.She looked around and yowled fearfully. He grabbed some berries and gave her one, which she dropped as she twisted and turned trying to get out of his arms. She had no idea what he was doing. Why was he trying to give her a berry? Maybe it was poisoned. She finally got out of his grasp and landed painfully on her still injured paw. She yowled again, this time in pain, and bolted. After she ran a few feet, she stopped and turned around. Everything else faded as she focused on the berry. It smelled good, and she was literally starving. She licked her lips and looked at the berry hungrily. She didn't want to move. Kevin had done things like this before. Maybe these pokemon were doing the same. Kevin would hurt her if she made a move toward what she wanted, and she thought they would do the same. But, by Arceus she was hungry! She watched as the Swampert walked back to the other pokemon, and when she thought they had forgotten about her, she pounced on the berry and ate it as fast as she could.

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
  • As Caro realized that the other Pokemon weren't hostile as they handed out berry that the red Swampert found. Caro was not hungry himself and didn't like the odd familiarity of the berry so he did not take one. The Garchomp introduced himself as Geo and to be polite Caro also introduced himself. The Umbreon that attacked all the other Pokemon was tired, hurt and hungry. Feeling bad about attacking her Caro grabbed a few berries and walked up cautiously trying hard not to frighten her into attacking. "Are you ok?" Caro asked handing her the berries.

Nideous

Years
  • Dia stopped eating and leapt away from Caro as he approached. This was hers! She wasn't going to give it up! She watched him warily with half of the berry still in her mouth. If she had had the strength, she would have blasted him with everything she had. But... She didn', so she settled for watching him fearfully. Anytime he took a step toward her, she would take a step back. What did these people want? Why couldn't they leave her alone? Did she want to be alone? She was terribly lonely. But people always hurt her. She was better off alone. Soon, she grew tired and sat back down, resuming eating the berry as fast as she could. She growled at Caro between bites. She didn't want the others near her, but she definately didn't want him near her. He had attacked her before, and she was not happy about that. She still didn't know why, but then again, she didn't know why anyone hurt her. She decided she had somehow done something to deserve it. What that was, she had no idea, but she must have. Otherwise, this wouldn't keep happening.

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
  • With every step caro took the Umbreon just stepped back. Caro Guesssd thing Umbreon still isn't over the whole battle thing. Caro thought giving up Caro tossed the berry in the Umbreon's direction. Then Caro realized that he has hungry to. And he really didn't want any berries. Remembering they were on an island Caro dug into the ground looking for a cavern. He found what he was looking for there was a small cavern chocked full of small green crystals grabbing as many as he could Caro climbed to the island and started joyously started stuffing himself.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
  • Dia watched Caro toss the berry at her and disappear into the ground. She finished the first berry, and glanced at the second one. He didn't seem to be coming back for it. She dove on it and began eating it as fast as she could. Caro came back to the surface but she didn't care. She was to busy eating the berry. Once that was done, she yawned quietly. She lay down on the ground and eyed them all warily. Now that they weren't right in her face and she had eaten, she was feeling a little more sociable. She glanced up at them all, then quickly averted her eyes again. Eye contact was bad.
    "Dia," she said quietly.

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
  • As Caro finished up eating the crystals he brought up his stomach growled, he was still hungry! To satisfy his appetite Caro went down for more crystals. when collecting more crystals something caught his eye there was a small, hexagon-shaped, white diamond. It was so familiar looking. out of curiosity Caro went an tried to pick it up. "ow! Hey! That's mine!" a dark raspy voice came from the crystal which had started to glow. Then other crystals just like it started to glow from other parts of the cave. Oh shoot! Caro realized These aren't crystals!

As Caro finally reached the top of the hole he jumped out of the hole and ran towards the other Pokemon. Just as a huge group of thirty or so sableye jumped out in rage and started launching attacks in any direction they could. there are to many of them for just me to fight. Caro thought hoping that the others would help.

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
  • The little Umbreon quickly started squirming away. Archur instinctively held on a little tighter, but she soon got out, refusing the berry he had offered her. He walked back tot eh other pokemon and leaned against a rock, watching as she pounced on the berry. The sableye, who introduced himself as Caro, slowly approached the Umbreon, who kept walking away from him. Finally, giving up he just set the berries down. The umbreon quickly devoured those too. After she had finished eating, she said something, which Archur couldn't hear very well. She was acting less violent, so he went up and sat down a few feet away from her. "It's hard to get you trust others it seems. I don't know why you were talking about us eating you. As far as I'm concerned, nobody here is bad, or hungry for that matter except you. Why were you fighting so hard when we were only honestly trying to help you? If you paid attention and started to think before you attack, you wouldn't have wasted your energy." Archur then gave his friendliest smile, "My name is Archur. I can't necessarily say I'm glad to have met you, since you attacked us, but whatever. I've never held a grudge and I hope I never will. What was your name?" A loud screech came from behind, as a group of sableye cam out form a hole in the ground. Archur shielded the Umbreon with his body and started firing ice beams at the pokemon. A few froze in ice blocks but he wasn't fast or accurate enough to hit them all, and he didn't want to resort to earthquake, so he used a few blizzards and then finished with a hydro pump, knocking at least half of them out. He turned his head to check on the Umbreon. "You okay back there?"

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
  • Dia looked up at the Swampert and quickly looked away. She had made him mad. She could tell that from what he said. But he sounded like he was trying to be nice. But Dia had learned that the nicer a person sounds, the meaner they really are. She didn't have the energy to fight back if he tried to hurt her, nor was she up to the task of running right now.
    "Why would I trust others? Everyone I've ever trusted has hurt me. Why would anyone want to help a worthless piece of trash like me anyways. No... No, I... I can't do it again. I won't," Dia began rambling as she stared at the ground. He then said his name was Archur. Aand then he confirmed what she had been thinking. He didn't like her. No one did. And about not holding grudges? Everyone held them. Even Dia held them, not that she could do anything about it.
    "Name? I'm... Dia. Not that it matters. Nothing matters. Nothing... I..." she said quietly. Caro choose that moment to come busting out of the ground, chased by about thirty sableye. They started blasting attacks in every direction. Dia was gone, replaced again by Twilight, who hauled herself up off the ground and charged around the Swampert standing in front of her. What she hoped to accomplish in the state she was in she didn't know, but she would try. She would probably die, but that was fine. She didn't think there was anything to live for anyway. She yowled angrily at them and leapt into them, swiping her claws and biting everything in sight.

Last edited:

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
  • Caro realized that he was being a coward running away wile others fight for his own actions. He tuned and jumped in to the ground and once again built a pitfall. which caved in with the rest of the sableye in it. At first they were stunned and confused but that didn't last long. And then the sableye all started digging out of the pitfall. "Oh come on!" Caro yelled he had forgotten that the other sableye also new how to dig the sableye all started to come out of the ground and attack again. Caro started launching Dynamic punches at every sableye that came into range. during the fight a thought came into his mind but he dismissed it all to quickly: What if someone thinks I'm one of the sableye?

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
  • Dia was fighting fiercely when the ground suddenly collapsed under her. In her weakened state, she didn't have the energy to jump away from this one. She hit the ground hard and heard a loud snap. She shrieked in pain as her leg broke again. Then the falling rocks and Sableye landed on top of her, and she was crushed. Most of the remaining Sableye climbed back out, but the ones that Achur and Caro had knocked out were down in the hole, still crushing her under their combined weight. Her back felt very sore, maybe even broken, and the rest of her was in agony. There was no way she could handle all this. Caro would have the last laugh it seemed. He had known she was still in the middle of them fighting. He had done it on purpose to get rid of her. Well, it had worked. She could feel the blood seeping from the various cuts the fall had given her. Several of her bones had been broken. And the ribbon she kept around her neck had somehow come off and lay just out of reach. She lay her head down in defeat and gave one last sad meow. She waited for the end to come.

zapdos926

Years
  • When Archur looked back, Dia was gone. He looked forwards again and there she was, fighting the sableye. She was definitely strong. He decided to get into the physical fight as well, using take down on every sableye there. He was soon fighting almost back to back with Dia. "You shouldn't call yourself worthless. Your obviously more than that. You're powerful and fast. Three to your left!" Archur smacked a few aside and used take down on a charging sableye; that recoil was really starting to take it's toll. "You're brave too," Archur ice beamed one right in the face, "Otherwise you wouldn't have fought against us so hard." Suddenly the ground beneath Dia collapsed. He helped take out the remaining sableye and then started digging in to the collapsed ground, Caro by his side. The sableye started panicking when he saw her, then he went off in search of supplies. Archur picked her up; a piece of bone was jutting out her leg and she was bleeding profusely. He started cleaning the wounds with a small, light jet of water, and then carried her back over to the berry shrubs. "This may sting a little, but it's a sitrus berry, it'll help." He grabbed a berry and crushed it, letting the juice drip onto her wounds.

Last edited:

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
  • "AAH! RUN!" one of the sableye yelled. All of the sableye yelled and Fled back to the cavern deep under the island "Thanks everyone." Caro said "Sorry about that." He should of known that there were other sableyes in the cavern scrounging for food. It look like no one was severely damaged. the swampert was lightly hit the, others seemed not to have been even attacked, and the umbreon....? Hey were did she go? triying to recall what became of her. That when it happened Caro slipped and fell into the pitfall and he saw her. "WHAT IN THE NAME OF....!" Caro yelled the body of the umbreon was crushed by several of the frozen sableye and blood was every were. oh no how could i be so foolish i over looked the fact that the umbreon could have fallen in too! Caro tried to move the ice but it was too heavy. No! shes hurt i must help but I'm too weak no i must try harder. Caro's rage was building, his hand caught fire and he Fire punched the the frozen sableye knocking them out of the way. I must help but how? Caro thought she jumped out in a flash and shadow sneeked all over the island looking for supplies to heel the wounded umbreon. All he could find was some cloth and berries. moving as fast as he could he wrapped the umbreons wounds in the cloth. and tried to give the umbreon some berries.

Nideous

Years
  • Dia was in immense pain. Why was that? Wasn't she dead? How can the dead feel anything? A sudden stinging on her leg brought her back to reality. She yelped in pain, and tried to move, but that just made it hurt more.

"This may sting a little, but it's a sitrus berry, it'll help." she heard someone saying. She heard the words, but didn't process more than half of them. she also felt someone trying to give her a... something. What it was, she didn't know. Nor did she care. She didn't want it. She tried to hiss, but all that came out was a pleading meow. She tried to form words, but her tongue felt like it was glued to the top of her mouth. She felt fire all over her body and began to struggle in earnest. But it was no good. Soon, she began to feel a little better. She opened her eyes and saw Caro and Achur looking down at her. She shuck her head, still very disoriented. She felt she was missing something. Then it hit her! Her ribbon was gone! She struggled valiently to her feet and took a step towards the hole and felt a crunch and a bolt of lightning shoot up her leg. She looked down and saw a bone sticking out of her leg.
    "That can't be good," she managed to say. She collapsed on the ground, and was feeling like she was about to faint.
    "My... My ribbon... You have to get it... It means more to me than life," she pleaded as the last of her strength left her and the world went black.

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
  • (OOC": I'm going to the Capital for the Weekend and I may or may not be able to post.)
    "Oh thank arceus shes alive!" As the umbreon yelped from the pain of the stirus berry juice. He could have never forgiven himself if he had killed her in a battle he had caused. She started to limp towards the hole muttering something that he couldn't make out. Then she fell over and didn't move. Caro walked over to the pitfall and looked down there was a small gleaming light. Caro went and picked up the ribbon. this must have been what she was after. Caro thought to himself. Caro gave it the ribbon tho the swamper who tied the ribbon on the umbreon and then they both lay to rest.

Last edited:

zapdos926

Years
  • Caro soon came back with berries and cloth, which he wrapped around Dia's leg and tried feeding her some berries. Archur dampened the cloth around Dia's leg with another light stream of water. She asked for a ribbon of hers to be found, but he ignored that for a moment as she passed out and gently picked her up and took her over to the other pokemon, who hadn't really helped much. He sat down against the rock again, holding Dia gently in his arms. "Hey, Geo, Aerin, fly around and see if you can find a friendly chansey, something that can heal, please," he told the two pokemon. We need someone to help, and fast!" Then, fiddling with his Kyogre pendant, remembered the ribbon. He knew that items like that could definitely mean a lot to someone, his own Kyogre pendant being one of those things. He started over, but saw that Caro gad beaten him to it. Archer picked up the piece of yellow cloth and tried tying it it around her neck; when he finally achieved it, he lightly tugged to make sure it wouldn't fall off. He picked her up and held her gently as he sat down against the rock once more, while avoiding the broken leg. He started to hum a quiet lullaby that his mother used to sing to him when he was still a Mudkip. It reminded him of his lake home back in Hoenn, like the sound of the small tide lapping against the rocky shore. It definitely made him miss home, buy he wasn't even in his own time period, much less near Hoenn. Soon, his own humming made him fall asleep.

Nideous

Years
  • Dia slowly came to. She opened her eyes and looked around. All she could see was red, and this odd pendant lying near her head. She was aware of wherever she was was moving, slow and rythemic. She was unsure where she was, but she didn't want to move. Even though she hurt all over. Her leg especially. She looked down and saw that someone had wrapped it up. She was going to need a lot more than that to heal if the bone was still sticking out of her skin. She saw the end of her ribbon tied around her neck. Thank goodness for that! She didn't know what she would do if she lost it. She moved slightly and meowed quietly. She didn't know what else to do. she almost felt safe here, but there was a nagging in her mind telling her that this would end badly. A nagging she tried to put out of her head, but couldn't.

zapdos926

Years
  • Archur had never been the heaviest sleeper despite his laid back nature and Dia's quiet mewing slowly woke him up. "Back from the dead I see," he gave a tired smile. "Caro got your ribbon back for you. I tied it on, which is very hard with three fingers and you being so small, but I managed." He sat up a little straighter against the boulder and yawned. "I can get some more sitrus berries if you want," he stretched his arms out and then relaxed them at his sides. "You should really try to get some more sleep. You're pretty weak right now. You'll need the energy if we're gonna do what I think we're gonna do, which is try to get back to our time. I'm going to the beach, you can come with if you want," he waited for her response, not wanting to take her against her will.

Nideous

Years
  • Dia was a little startled to find that Archur was holding her. But she didn't have the energy to fight with him. She didn't have the energy to do anything right now.
    "Th-thank you... I don't know what I would do if I lost my ribbon. I'm not hungry right now, so don't worry about the berries... The beach is ok," she said quietly, her words punctuated with soft meows. She couldn't help it. She had barely learned how to talk properly before she was traded to Kevin. When she was like this, she couldn't control herself to form long sentences without doing that. And as for the beach, she didn't care for going to the beach, but he seemed to want to. And it's not like she could stop him from taking her if she wanted too. But she didn't want to go back to sleep. Not while there were others around. It would be too easy to get her if she was asleep. But... It would be pretty easy anyways. But, another thing bothered her. Archur had said they were going to go back to their time. That explained why she recognized the odd scent. It was the scent of the future. But... Why should she go back? All that was waiting for her in the future was Kevin. Here in the past she would be safe from him. Even if it was way diffierent than what she was used to. Wild pokemon attacking her for no reason? She got that in the future too. Humans out to kill or hurt her? Same, she had that in the future. But the one thing that made all the difference in the world was that Kevin had no way to find her while she was here. If she went back, then he would find her, and that would be bad. Very bad. But of course she kept these thoughts to herself. She didn't know what to do. These people wanted to go back to their future, and would likely drag her back to her own without even thinking about it. But what could she do to stop them? She was weak, stupid, worthless little Dia. There was no way she could stand up to them, something that she had proven today. So what could she do? She could run when she got better. Heck, her injuries may still kill her and she wouldn't even have to worry about this anymore. She decided not to worry about it for now. Something would happen to change things. It always did.

zapdos926

Years
  • Although Dia said she was fine with the beach, Archur didn't quite believe her. He still stood up and told the others where they were going. Archur walked silently to the water and then set Dia on a rock that wasn't too sandy. He walked over to the shoreline and let the water rush around his feet. It relaxed him and helped him to cool off. Then, he went back to Dia and sat down next to the rock. "Why do you keep acting like one of us is going to hurt or eat you? As far as I'm concerned, they're all pretty decent pokemon, and I'm good at telling if someone is lying." Archer said, staring at the ocean. He had quickly begun to think of the little Umbreon as almost a little sister. "You have no reason to be so down on yourself either, you stood up to all of us at once, unprovoked, but you fought and hurt us. Nobody fought back, not because they thought you were worthless, or just another meal. You just seemed scared," Archur looked at her for a moment, then spouted a little water on the broken leg. "Gotta keep that clean. I'll see if I can set up a splint later." He thought for a moment, "I don't know what past experiences you've had with other pokemon, or humans, but why on Earth would you immediately think that our first goal was to eat you? I know it's kind of the way of life and stuff, but everyone was pretty much to dang scared to be hungry." Archer was then silent for a moment, "Do you have anything to look forwards to when we get back? A family or a home? Maybe the person who gave you that ribbon?"

Nideous

Years
  • Dia was set gently on a rock. Just laying on the hard surface made her hurt. She looked at her leg that was obviously broken again. It was in bad shape. If it healed like this, she'd never be able to walk on it again. So... She couldn't use Moonlight when her strength came back. That wouldn't put the bone back in the right place. She looked out at the waves. The sound they made was so... Soothing. It reminded her of something far away, like the distant memory of a long forgotten dream. She found herself gradually relaxing and she set her head down, and was about to fall asleep when Archur came back to her. Her head snapped back up, but her guard was still down a tad bit. He sat down in the sand near her, and she stared at him. It wasn't a stare of aggression, or even fear. It was the simple wide eyed stare of a child. She quickly realized what she was doing and looked away as fast as she could. Eye contact got you hurt. As if to prove her right, he shot a little water onto her leg, causing her to gasp in pain as it hit the raw nerves. As she calmed down and recovered she pondered his questions. She meowed quietly before speaking. Her eyes went anywhere but to him.

"Why? Why shouldn't I act like that? Everyone is trying to hurt me. They always are... Always. And I am scared. Scared of everything, all the time. Scared of getting hurt. Scared of going on, because I have nothing. I am nothing. Everywhere I've gone, I've been attacked for no reason. None at all. All I can think of is that they must be as hungry as I was earlier. Even that won't last long... Soon enough I'll be hungry again. Tired again. Cold again... Alone again. Always alone... Nothing for me... Never anything for me. Not since he came along... But that was my fault... Stupid Stupid Dia! I should never have evolved. I should have known better. I should have known he wouldn't want me when I got bigger... I should have seen it... But I'm just too stupid, to worthless to know better. That's why it will always happen. I'll always get hurt... Hurt until the end... Until nothing is left to hurt," Dia said softly. Her voice was level, barely hiding the pain in her words. Well, maybe not. She didn't care. And neither would he. No one did. No one ever would. Things never got better. They only got worse. And she wasn't sure she could take that. She wasn't sure she could go on. That was why she threw herself into every fight she could. Not because she was bold, or brave or anything like that. Because she had nothing. Nothing to protect herself for. No purpose. Nothing at all. And she was so terribly lonely. But she couldn't. She'd already said too much. She tried to bolt, but she just couldn't get up off that rock. She couldn't even move because she hurt so bad. So she just lay there, and waited for the pain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back