• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gladiators [T]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
Years
  • Dia looked in pain when he sprayed her leg with the water. "Sorry,I'm not trying to hurt you, neither are any of those pokemon over there. And no, you won't always have to be alone. I'll stay with you," Archur offered. "Honestly, not everyone is out to get just you. You aren't the center of a circle of hate, where very body in the world just hates you. Despite you attacking me, I honestly don't hold grudges over simple things like being scared. I don't hate you, and it's been a while since I've made a new friend. I'm not one to just leave others behind either." Archur could see she was very uncomfortable on the rock, so he set her on his lap again. "I'm willing to stay with you until I see fit. I'll be the one to make sure you don't get hurt, a temporary body guard if you will. I'll stay with you until you heal and even then." he waited a moment, letting his offer sink in, but then decided it wasn't so much an offer. "And you have no choice either. I'm staying to help you through this whether you like it or not," the red swampert started fiddling with his pendant, twisting it around a little, then letting it spin. "You don't have to go through life always scared and always alone. And come on, who has never wanted a body guard at some point in their life?"

Last edited:

luigimario84

Owner of worlds
    Years
  • (OOC I'm going to be in cornwall for maybe a bit over a week so if you want to, you can control Geo. But don't let anything to bad happened to him)
    Geo looked up at the sky. "It's getting dark, I'll be on watch. He didn't see what the others did but he walked along staring out into the sky. Then he stopped. He thought for a moment about his old family. This wasn't right. He had to get away and find a way back to his own time. He then thought of the others. They wouldn't need him, his strength was not what they wanted. So he slowly walked along, away from the other pokemon no knowing if they were awake watching him, or asleep dreaming of being back home.

Geo had walked a few miles now when he saw another arena. Why don't I just go there he thought. But he decided not to, knowing he would most probably die. Then he thought about Dia, Caro, Archur, the Yanmega and the Oshawatt. Then he knew he shouldn't of left them. He knew they would need him at some point.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • Dia listened to what he said, but didn't believe him. Everyone that had said they wanted to be her friend had ended up pushing her away, or worse. How could she trust anyone? And she never said that everyone hated her. Just that they always hurt her. There was a difference. She could understand if they hurt her because they hated her. But, most everyone she had met didn't even know who she was, and that only confused her when they hurt her. Why go to the trouble to hurt someone you don't even know? The only conclusion she could reach was that she had done something to deserve it. Even now. She was still being hurt. By the one that said he wanted to be her friend. She didn't understand why. Then he picked her up and set her in his lap. She looked up at him curiously, and then away again. He then said he was going to stay with her. Why? Why would he do that? The obvious answer, that he wanted to keep hurting her. The thought that he might be meaning what he said was simply too good to be true. No one wanted to help her. Ever. She wasn't worth helping. That had been made clear. She didn't know what to do about it. She couldn't fight him, even when she healed. She doubted she could run from him. So... What should she do? There was nothing she could do. She blinked sleepily. She hadn't slept in days. Being knocked out doesn't count. What she needed was a good proper sleep. But she couldn't afford to. Sleep was what you did when you were safe. Dia... She didn't know if she was safe or not. She wanted to believe she was. She wanted to believe Archur, but the past had taught her that any time she began to trust someone, it ended very badly for her. Her every instict was telling her to run, to fight, to get away! But, a little spot in her mind told her that she could trust him. That she needed to trust him. She pawwed at her ribbon. She had been happy when she got it. She had trusted Matt. But, then he gave her to Kevin. Why had he done that?
    "... I... I don't know what to do," she mumbled quietly.

zapdos926

Years
  • "Just go to sleep. I have no intention of hurting you, just helping you," Archur tried comforting her. "I have no reason to. I'm sorry about spraying your leg, but it has to stay clean if you don't want it to get infected. That would be a terrible way to die." He looked around and saw Geo leaving. The garchomp was strong enough that he could take care of himself, but it still kind of concerned the swampert. He turned his attention back to Dia. "You can't just go through life trusting no one. I'd like to think of myself as rather trust worthy, but that's still your opinion to make. I still won't just leave you to die, no matter what your opinion on me is."

Nideous

Years
  • He had no reason to hurt her? That's just like almost everyone else she had met. Well, she wasn't sure what to make of that. She followed his gaze and saw Geo leaving. That was fine. One less person to deal with. He looked back at her.

"You can't just go through life trusting no one. I'd like to think of myself as rather trust worthy, but that's still your opinion to make. I still won't just leave you to die, no matter what your opinion on me is," he said. She honestly didn't really care whether she died or not. But... She wanted to believe him. Just like she wanted to believe everyone else that had said the same thing. She gave a quiet meow and lay her head down. She was too tired to fight about this. She still wasn't sure she could trust him... But she'd find out soon enough. If she woke up still in one piece, maybe, MAYBE, she would start to believe him. Her eyelids drooped and she yawned. She was slowly falling asleep.
    "But... What about tomorrow? And the next day. I... I don't know. What am I supposed to think? I... I want to... But I... Everytime this happens, I always... I don't know..." Dia said softly, not moving her head.

Garet

GhostFire
    Years
  • ((Sorrysorrysorry for not posting sooner.))

"Depends what that something is," the white Castform called back.

Merlin skidded to a halt a few feet away. Now that he was closer, he noticed a scar that ran across the other's face. The Gallade's mind shifted into defensive-mode; a Pokemon with that kind of scar couldn't be a weakling. "Well," he started, "do you know what this place is? I'm a little lost after an encounter with...a certain, powerful being."

As his mind went back over the very recent event, Merlin remembered seeing a few other Pokemon being sucked in, just as he was. It wouldn't register in him what kind of Pokemon he'd seen, so they could've been anything. Merlin needed to find out where he was, though, and this Castform here might help. Maybe enough that he could get back to the place where he'd lived. Before that human had come along, anyways.

zapdos926

Years
  • Dia relaxed on Archurs' lap. It seemed like she was just starting to sort of trust him. "Tomorrow and the next day I'll still be here, and if I have anything to say about it, you will be too. This isn't like every other time, I can see you've obviously been treated horribly in the past, but I'm not like that, as far as I can tell, none of these other pokemon are like that. It seems like the more I say, the more you want to be opposed to my help, but that's all I honestly want to do with you right now is help you." Archur laid his head back against the rock, "If it helps, I'll go to sleep first, I'm still a little tired." with that he closed his eyes and was soon passed out.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • "Well," the Gallade started, "do you know what this place is? I'm a little lost after an encounter with...a certain, powerful being."

'I thought he looked a little lost..,' Mini thought and looked the Gallade over. He looked more wary of an attack than she was so she guessed she didn't have to worry about him trying to kill her... for the moment anyways. 'Could be I'm not the only one that's lost. Aloud she said, "I'm afraid I can't be much of a help. I'm having the same dilemma after coming across a battle between Celebi and Dialga in Ilex Forest. Some sort of hole sucked me in and I woke up here. I'm guessing something similar happened to you?" She was still on guard in case the Gallade changed its mind and attacked her. You could never be to careful around strangers. Heck, her own gang would probably turn on her if they saw reason enough to.

Nideous

Years
  • Dia didn't even hear his words. She had already fallen asleep when he said them. She still had doubts, but she just wasn't able to hold her eyes open anymore.

Dia looked around. She was standing in a field. There was a Houndour standing opposite her. He wore an expression of loathing, but it wasn't directed at her. It was directed at the boy standing in between the two of them. As Dia studied the Houndour she saw a scar on his leg. She knew who he was instantly. His name was Darkblaze. And she had given him that scar. She looked at the boy. To her horror, she found it was Kevin.
    "Alright you worthless pieces of ****, I want you to train until one of you drops. You're both no good, ans I need you to get stronger. I won't let you emberrass me like that again!" he said angrily. Darkblaze snarled at him and Dia cowered. He smacked Darkblaze in the head and walked away.
    "Idiot. The only reason we lost is because he does this. Twilight, I don't know if I can last much longer like this..." Darkblaze said sadly. He shook his head and looked at her. Dia knew how he felt. She had only been with him a few months, and everytime Kevin got like this, he had them fight each other until one of them was badly injured. Dia still couldn't feel the end of her tail, and she knew it was still dragging on the ground. And Darkblaze still couldn't put any weight on his paw after Dia had bit thrrough to the bone. They had tried taking it easy on each other in the past, but that just made it worse. Kevin had been able to tell, and he had flown into a rage. Dia shuddered and turned from that train of thought. She blasted at Darkblaze with a Shadow Ball and then charged at him using her Quick Attack. He leapt back and limped around her and blasted her as hard as he could with Fire Blast. Her eyes glowed White and she rolled out of the way. Again she charged at him, rolling under him and leaping up, tearing at his belly with her Bite. He yelped in pain and fell on top of her. She crawled out from under him, and knew something was wrong.She looked at him and saw the light fading from his eyes.
    "No! I... I didn't mea to! I... Darkblaze, I'm sorry! Please... Please don't... Please don't die," Dia said, yowling with sadness. Darkblaze looked up at her.
    "Twilight, I was already dying. It wasn't you. I... I'm sorry," he said as he closed his eyes.
    "Hmph. Stupid mutt. Twilight! You moved to slow!" Kevin said. Dia didn't hear a word he said. She was all alone now. The one thing good in her life was now gone. She thought about it, and what he had said. That he was already dying. What did he mean by that? True, a few days earlier he had been hit very badly in the stomach. But was that what he meant? She knew that sometimes if you got hurt inside, it took a while for it to take full effect. She yelped in pain when Kevin kicked her as hard as he could. Something inside her snapped, and it was more than just the rib that had been broken the day before. She hissed madly at him. He glared at her and she cringed. He advanced on her, and she took off into the woods.

"No! Darkblaze!" Dia yelled as she woke up. There were tears in her eyes. She blinked and looked around. It had only been a dream. The same dream that kept her from sleeping. She shook her head. That had happened a month ago. She had spent a month running from Kevin. she knew he had been looking for her. So she had run. And now, she might have to keep running. She calmed herself down a little and lay her head back down. She hadn't slept very long. She didn't want to go back to sleep. After the memory played the nghtmares would come next. And she knew there was nothing she could do to avoid them.

zapdos926

Years
  • Dia's cry woke up Archur. He looked Dow. At the umbreon with a tired but concerned look. "Hey, are you alright? Just a nightmare?" Archur lightly patted her head and stood up with her in his arms. "I doubt I'll be falling asleep again for a while." he carried her into water that was up to his belly, making sure no salt water got into her wounds. "Despite loving at a lake all my life, I've always loved the ocean. That's one of the reason I have a kyogre pendant. The ocean is just more calming, the waves, The sound, the smell; the humans are polluting it though." Archur sighed. "I met my first love, a wartortle, at an ocean in Kanto when I was a Marshtomp. One day, a trainer spotted her and decided he wanted to catch her. We both fought hard, but his venasaur knocked us both out. I guess he didn't want me, but she was gone when I woke up. I felt pretty much worthless after that. I was not wanted by that trainer, and I had let my first and only love get caught. Then I evolved, and I started looking for her. As it turned out, she had evolved too and made the trainer release her, but she thought that I had died in the fight, because that's why the trainer hadn't caught me either. She had found a new love. I felt terrible for a long time, but the ocean made me forget
    to be sad," Archurs face was blank when he talked. "I made sure her mate would never mistreat her or leave her though. If I ever got the chance I would be with her again." Archur closed his eyes and took a deep breath, then went back to where the other pokemon were.

Garet

GhostFire
    Years
  • The Castform said, "I'm afraid I can't be much of a help. I'm having the same dilemma after coming across a battle between Celebi and Dialga in Ilex Forest. Some sort of hole sucked me in and I woke up here. I'm guessing something similar happened to you?"

Merlin was silent for a second. "That's exactly what happened to me," he answered. Now he knew the name of the small, green, flying Pokemon that had been fighting Dialga. Thinking about it, he wasn't sure it fit with what he knew. Why would Dialga be fighting something much smaller than it? And what was with the hole that had sucked Merlin in?

Merlin turned his attention back to the scarred Castform and noticed some wariness. We were both sucked into the hole, he thought. Which meant that this Pokemon probably wanted to get back to the Ilex Forest. Merlin wanted to. He had a better chance of finding his way back to where he'd initially lived from that forest than from this place.
    Merlin relaxed a little. "I guess we better find someone who can tell us where we are," he said to the Castform. "Personally, I think there are better chances of living if someone else is around."

Nideous

Years
  • Dia looked at Archur and felt guilty that she had woken him up. She meowed softly at him, then remembered that she had words and she should use them.
    "No... It wasn't a nightmare. Those will come later... That was a memory," Dia said queitly as Archur carried her out into the water. She felt a jolt of fear. Why was he doing that? Was he going to drown her? The answer to that question came unexpectedly when he stopped and began to tell her about how much he loved the ocean. Dia had to admit, the waves very very calming. And when she wasn't so injured, which didn't happen often to be quite honest, she loved feeling the gentle waves on the beach. He then started telling her about how his love was captured by a trainer.

"... Be glad you weren't caught. As painful as it was for you to lose her to a human, it would have been far worse having to fight her day in and day out. All for the purpose of 'training'. Being caught by a human is one of the worst things that can happen to us. I..." she said. She stopped and fell silent. But... He had told her some of his past. It wouldn't be fair not to do the same. And she desperately wanted to let it out. But, how could she trust him? How could she believe that he wouldn't want nothing to do with her if he knew the truth about her? Oh well. It's not like he was going to be her friend anyway. No one would be friends with her. She didn't deserve friends. She began crying, not from pain, but from sadness.

"I... Was with a human. That's how I know the truth about them. He was a horrible person. He'd hit me and Darkblaze all the time. He would make us fight each other until we were both near death. And then he'd expect us to do it all again the next day. One... One day he was making us fight harder than usual. I... I hurt Darkblaze very bad. He... He died right in front of me... Darkblaze was the only friend I ever had, and I killed him. And Kevin... He didn't even care. I... I ran away after that. And the memory of it has been haunting me for the whole month I've been gone... If I go back... I... He... It's all my fault. Darkblaze... I... I'm so sorry," Dia said, breaking down fully as Archur carried her back toward the others.

zapdos926

Years
  • Dia started telling Archur about her past, crying as she did so, something he hadn't really expected. "That... I can't imagine... I'm sorry," Archur couldn't really think of anything else to say. "I'm sure you can't believe all humans are bad though. I've met many a pokemon who care deeply for their trainers and vice versa. From what Rachel, the blastoise, had told me, she had actually rather liked her trainer. She just didn't like being kept as a pet. She enjoyed the freedom of, well, being free," Archur examined his new companions. Geo was still gone, and Caro was sleeping. Karoc and the yanmega were just idle.
    His legs were a little restless from sitting and laying down so much, so he started walking around the general area, exploring his current home. "I would very much like to call you, and give you the respect of, a friend, but I can't do that unless you return that respect to me. I understand if you're not quite comfortable with that so soon after, well, after you attacked us, but that is my simple request,"

Nideous

Years
  • Dia cried for a long time as Archur walked around the campsite, still holding her. He had not reacted the way she had thought. He hadn't been repulsed, or angry at her. He had been kind, and sad. A fact which made Dia cry even harder. After a moment, she stopped crying and breathed in deeply. She stared at the ground and thought about Archur's questions.

"I... I don't know if all humans are bad. My first trainer, Matt Striker, was very nice to me. I was very happy with him. Then I... I evolved into this, and he gave me to that... That horrible person. Why? Why would he do that? I was so happy with him, and I wanted to make him happy too! So, why did he give me away? I... I thought he would be happier once I evolved," Dia said, starting to tear back up again. These were painful memories for her, but she had to share them. Now that she had started, she didn't know how to stop. She then remembered the other question he had asked her.

"I... I don't know... I don't think I deserve friends... Not after I killed the only one I've ever had... But I don't know... If I can take... Being alone again," she said, her voice dropping to a barely audible whisper as she spoke. She stared blankly at the ground. She desperately wanted to say yes and be friends, but that nagging in her mind wouldn't let her be sure of herself. It told her she was stupid, worthless trash that no one could ever like and no one could ever care about. No one wanted to be friends with her, and no one cared about her. She was just a useless piece of junk that couldn't do anything right. She started crying again, not knowing what to do.
    "I want to... But how can anybody be friends with me? I'm nothing. I'm worthless and stupid... I... I..." she said as she started crying again.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • "That's exactly what happened to me," the Gallade replied and relaxed a little. "I guess we better find someone who can tell us where we are. Personally, I think there are better chances of living is someone else is around."

Mini nodded. "I agree. Perhaps there are oth-" She stopped suddenly and spun around, glaring into the bushes. They were quaking as if something had been moving in them. She narrowed her eyes. 'Come out, come out, whatever you are...' There was another rustle and almost immediately Mini felt a prick and feel woozy. She looked down to see a small dart sticking out of one of her stubs before falling to the ground. She saw a group of 5 or so humans get up from where they had been crouching in hiding and come forward, intent on catching both the Gallade and Castform, before everything went black.

zapdos926

Years
  • "Don't say such bad things about yourself. If I had thought of you as worthless, would I have asked my last question? Probably not. I wouldn't be taking the time to help you if I thought that," Archur was finding it very hard to comfort the little pokemon, she definitely had some issues. "If I thought of you as stupid, or weak, or that you might hinder the rest of us, I wouldn't have helped you. I can be your friend because I want to. You won't ever be able to accidentally hurt or kill me, I have too high a defense and stamina for that, and there are no cruel humans, at the moment at least, that would make you fight me, which wouldn't be a good thing on their part, or yours if they did force you to fight me, and you actually did try hurting me, but I'll explain that later." Archur gently held Dia in one arm and started to climb a large rock. He sat down and let his legs dangle off the side. He launched a hydro pump into the air and right when it started hitting the ground, he froze the water with an ice beam. It made a sort of curved arc that glistened in the light. "That was something my dad taught me when I first learned ice beam and hydro pump. Of course both moves were items stolen from a human store, but I learned them none the less. Making that arc was something I loved doing. It was one of the first things I showed Rachel to impress her. I could only do it successfully with water gun at the time, but I still managed to win her over that." He thought for a moment, "I wonder if I can do the same thing with surf? Oh well, that's for another time," he watched as his creation slowly melted, eventually splitting in two when it became too thin. He set Dia on his chest and laid back and watched as the clouds rolled by.

Nideous

Years
  • Dia continued crying as he spoke, softly trying to reassure her. She blinked up at him, holding his gaze for a slight moment longer, then hurriedly looked away. She couldn't believe his words. How could they be true? She had been told those things her whole life. It had gotten to the point where she was even telling herself these things. Why would he try and make her feel better? Was he actually serious? Or was this a trick to get her to be happy and like him so he could hurt her later? She wanted to believe he was sincere. She wanted it with all her heart. But... She had never met anyone that had actually wanted to be friends. Except for the one she had killed. She could never let that go. She sobbed quietly as he climbed up a rock and blasted an attack into the air, then froze it when it hit the ground. She had to admit, she was a bit over awed by it. And he wanted to be friends with her? He was amzing! Strong, smart, and just all around awesome. And she was weak, stupid, pathetic, worthless little Dia. Why would he want her as a friend? He leaned back and set her on his chest. She lay there, still crying a little.
    "I... I just... I don't know... I... I want to be friends, but I... Why would anyone want me? Why are you... I... I'm sorry I attacked everyone earlier," Dia said sadly, still meowing softly in between words.

zapdos926

Years
  • "Why am I being kind to you? Because I don't believe what you're saying about yourself. You are not that weak. I know because you did manage to hurt me a little. If you've been on the run for a month, then that means you know how to survive. I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, as the humans say, but I'm no idiot either. I think that what you say about yourself goes on to affect how you act. That's what my mom taught me anyways. That seems to be true with you, meaning you have some serious self esteem issues. Other than that little bit, which can be changed, why wouldn't some one want you as a friend? I know it's only been a few hours, but I think I've learned enough about you by now to at least call you my acquaintance. If you want to be someones friend, the only person stopping you is yourself."

(I've just realized, I'm a very motivational person :D)

Nideous

Years
  • (OOC: It's going to take more than that to fix Dia's issues. But you're doing good. :D)

Dia didn't believe him. But she said nothing. She lay her head own and began purring a little. She was feeling a tad bit better, but she was still scared and lonely. And weak. She knew she had to rest, and get better. But, why? What was the point? If she went on, she would have to go back to the future, and back to Kevin. Despite what Archur said, she knew she couldn't make it in the wild. She often went for a week without eating, and that had made her very weak. She didn't know what to do. She meowed softly, and continued purring. She didn't know if he was being sincere, but she was willing to take that risk. Maybe... Maybe this time would be different. She was still weak, worthless, and stupid. Not even with the ribbon she was wearing. But, why would he try so hard? Was he at least telling the truth when he said he wanted to be friends? She didn't think so, but she couldn't stand the thought of being alone again. She... She'd rather swim out into the ocean and drown herself than face life alone after she had found someone that was kind to her. She didn't know what she would do if he hurt her after she opened her heart up, and she hoped she wouldn't have to find out.
    "I... I hope we're more than just acquaintances. I... I hope we are... Friends," she mumbled, then went back to purring when words failed her.

zapdos926

Years
  • (despite my troll face sig, frequent sarcasm and stupid nicknames I give people, I guess I can be motivational IRL too :P)

"There, it wasn't that hard, was it? When you've lived like I have, when life throws something bad at you, punch life in the face and go back to your nap." Archur sighed, glad to have at least partially gained Dia's trust. "Maybe, when we get back, I can help you find the trainer you did like. If he sees you in the condition you're in now, he's bound to think that this Kevin person did it to you and he'll take you back. If not, I'm persuasive, and don't get the wrong idea, I won't hurt him. I guess he can't really understand what we say though. I find it really somewhat stupid that we pokemon take the time, even when we're wild, to learn their language, but they can't understand us. I guess it's because we just say our species names over and over again to them, but still," Archur set one hand on Dia's back and messed with his Kyogre pendant with the other. The metal shape of the sea king was cool to the touch, no matter how many fire pokemon he had blast it with their strongest fire attacks. It could probably be melting and would still be cool to the touch. Archur let the necklace drop to his chest above Dia's head and started making a mini frozen arc, spouting a little water and then freezing it with cold breath from a weak ice beam. Soon, it looked like his head was in an ice cage. He batted it with his hand and it collapsed into small ice shards. He then started humming the lake lullaby again and he passed out again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back