• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glitches and performance issues

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    It sure really slows down when doing a impressive cutscence at the point it took 2 minutes or more depends on lengthy for the scene.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I still have had no issues. I've only seen 1 pokemon get stuck in a wall and that was at the very start of the game.
    I fell through the map once at the very start of the game, but that can happen on mostly any game, especially open world games.
    And then general FPS Issues.
    I haven't even had lag in cutscenes.

I just don't understand how all this s happening to so many, but then there is a massive group who are not having any problems at all other than fps.

One of my friends who is completely blasting the game and refuses to buy any new pokemon game has sent me an article saying pokemon is refunding the game, so I am doubting it can be fixed at this point if Nintendo is refunding purchases.

Edit; The Leaker who leaked the game, as well as many people who have called customer service has said there will be a fix in a few weeks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I've heard that a lot of the issues might be caused by something called a "memory leak". Anyone more informed than me have an opinion about that?

Basically all games have memory leaks these days, they're a symptom of programming languages with manual memory management. As long as they're slow enough they're not worth the time it takes to find and fix them because the player will stop playing and take a break before it becomes a problem.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The performance was usually pretty ok for me. I had one crash throughout the entire playthrough and barely noticed any sort of clipping and sliding of models and that stuff.

The camera was a little awkward but that was probably by design.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    The camera was a little awkward but that was probably by design.

When you walk, it's be wanky to change the angle because it's not automatic

Back