• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Global Terminal Station Related Woes !

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    yea whats the point in nicknaming a pokemon with another pokemons name... but the nicknames the in-game trade pokemon are worse.

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
  • So ya i just got a level 17 turtwig in a wifi trade using the global Trade Station.I traded a Abra level 11 for it.

The turtwigs nickname was AAA...
    I hate it when i get pokemon in a trade with nicknames or just plain out dumb crap.

What about you ?

I've never experienced this but if I did I'd just take the pokemon straight to the nicknamer and change it's name back to TURTWIG.

Angelique

Le Magnifique
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    ^ You cannot change a Pokemon's nickname if it does not belong to you...

Yeah, although I just use it as a breeding parent.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I saw a person trading his shiny grotle level 26 for a 9 and under bidoof!
    wow. One person named his graveler ashketchum and One time, when i was battling with it, IT fainted because of poison. SO i was running to the Pokecenter and then the game said: Asketchum fainted...
    I lol'd hard.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    If i receive a pokemon with a nickname i didn't like, i just breed it with a ditto. then i can name it anything i want

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I never traded from that part of the Wifi, I traded with players who were online so I can see that stats and everything.

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
  • I never nickname the pokemon i trade. One day, i got a lv 17 stunky named Stun. That was a very upsetting suprise.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2010
    I made a similar trade chain. I had a level one feebas traded that for a bagon at level 20 or something. I kept of trading till i had a level 100 Mewtwo

Team Carbon Boss: Roran

Gonna quit this website.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Nintendo should have a point system for the GTS; different Pokemon have different Point Values. Shiny POkemon, and Pokerus Pokemon get a boost in Point Value.

It would stop people from asking for request that will never go through. . .

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • What I don't get is that people are stupid enough to ask for those things, yet you can only have one Pokémon offer up at a time. That's the reason it bothers me. They could be more productive, and make it a fair trade, but they keep it sitting in the GTS, too stupid to realize the chances of the trade happening are very slim, yet they KEEP that Pokémon in the GTS that long why?

It's fun sometimes, the GTS, only when the trade is realistic. I saved myself about thirty vitamins getting my Mime Jr. happy enough to level by trading a Forretress for a Mr. Mime. That I understand.

What I also don't get is the people who offer, let's say a level nine charmander for a level 100 charmander. Or even, the people who offer, for instance, a level 100 Dialga for a Dialga of the same freaking level. And what do you suppose you'll gain from that? Other than maybe a Japanese Dialga for an English Dialga, but it's not always that case. I've seen it way too many times.

umbreonofdarkness

Part-time Breeder, Trainer
    Years
  • I go on the gts and all i see is people giving lvl 1 bidoofs and expecting a level 100 celebi in return. People can catch their own lvl 1 bidoofs, they wouldn't give away celebi for that.

And also
    HOW on EARTH are you supposed to get a lvl 9 and uder dialga.

GTS is spoilt by complete idiots!

Years
  • I hate it when I accidentally press the wrong button during a battle. Just know, I was in the battle Castle doing my 26 battle in a row. I accidentally had my Milotic use Rain Dance instead of surf, and the freakin' Zangoose (which was one surf away from fainting and me win the battle) was able faint my pokemon on the next turn thanks to a "defense fell' and "critical hit" in a row

Small temper tantrum I feel for such a slight goof that cost me an hour's worth of battling -_-

gregory_turner420

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • i cant stand searching for simplistic pokemon for hours just to breed because some d-bag is being greedy, it totally ruined and awesome feature

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    I love silly nicknames, and having a AR, and i see a idiot asking a level 100 <poogey> for a lowleveled poogey, i AR the mon, and give it a racist/insulting/stupid nickname.
    Then trade it.

Kid Icarus

Winged Trainer
    Years
  • I was once looking for a gengar with a good nature at GTS, and i got one named "Gaspar". I didn't want the gengar to have a nickname so i traded away "Gaspar" and wind up with another gengar called "Gaspar". then I waited a couple of days and tried again and what do you know, i got an other gengar called "Gaspar". What are the odds???

Today "Gaspar" is one of the six pokemon in my team, he must have been ment to be a part of my team, but i still don't like his nickname :(

Years
  • Usually ig i get any poke' with a nickname from the GTS i breed it, and then release the bad nickname one. But if i got it because of the evo it was then i guess i'm stuck.

6772_pokemonbreeder_2776

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • The GTS is messed up, I saw someone who wanted a lvl 100 Regigigas, for a lvl 16 Absol. All i wanted was an Absol! Some guy wanted a mew! I mean come on! A mew for an Absol is hardly a fair trade haha. I just ended up getting an Absol off of one of my friends. Also later on i got a Sandshrew nicknamed "Sandan".

Back