• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Global Trade Station Stories

smithtism

Blank
Years
  • So tell me, what interesting, strange, unfortunate, or seemingly impossible miracle happened to you in the GTS(or GTS Negotiations). And no, this thread is NOT so you can do business (that's what the trade forum is for). Stories ONLY.
    And when I say stories only, I mean I don't want you to rant about what you do or don't like about the GTS.
    *If you wish to talk with someone about why some people trade for stupid stuff like lvl 9 or under Reshirom/Zekrom, then go to their homepage and start a conversation, or PM them or whatever. You can answer questions or clear the air about confusing subjects as long as you don't go off topic.

Something cool that happened to me is that I managed to get a legit lvl 100 Palkia for a Cryogonol that was lvl 31.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • So I'm into trading with as much people from different countries in the world as I can so I can unlock as many Unity Tower floors as possible. I found someone from Costa Rica asking for a Blitzle for another Blitzle - probably for that Opelucid guy Time Machine thing - but they were asking for one Level 20 and up which I didn't have. So I trained one but my internet ended so I couldn't trade and had to wait for the next day. My Wifi died the next day and I've missed them. When will I ever see someone from Costa Rica again? D= Wifi is still not working -_-

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I got a Mandibuzz and a shiny Aipom through GTS Negotiations before I got to Nimbasa.
    Speaking of which, I got a french Glameow for a Vullaby which I nicknamed "Mewtwo" for the lulz.

I was trading with this guy. He kept offering shiny legendaries in master balls. I quit.

Kinda reminds me of the guy who kept offering me starters in master balls.

Why would someone give starters in master balls? To me it's a waist of pokeballs.
    Obvious hacks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    Why would someone give starters in master balls? To me it's a waist of pokeballs.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    Let me share with you a little experiment I did.

I was given the great luck of encountering shiny Pokémon in every route I go in, the newest being my pink Kingdra. I was under the assumption that shiny Pokémon are quite valuable to people so I offer them on GTS (I don't have much use for shinies anyway, in fact, I have a box full of only shinies that I encountered).

So I went to GTS Negotiations the other day and decided to offer up one of my shiny Pokémon. The other player was offering a normal Aggron which I really wanted and in return I put up a shiny Graveler. To my surprise I was spammed with the :( icon. I tried putting up a shiny Slowbro and still the same response. I tried with a shiny legendary (Virizion in this case) and got the same result. However when I put up ordinary Zekrom and Reshiram, the player immediately wanted to trade. When I tried to exit to try and get someone more reasonable, the player wouldn't let me which made me have to reset my DS.

That experience got me curious and I went on to Negotiations again. Like last time, all my shinies were turned down and normal Reshiram and Zekrom were begged for. I tried again 3 times with different players and it ended up with the same result

From this, I have concluded that:

Ordinary Reshiram and Zekrom > Shiny Pokémon

That is all

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I discovered how to create Pokemon on my pc and send them into the GTS. XD

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Actually GTS Negotiation, but meh.
    I traded:
    -My Eevee for a Shiny Pidove.
    -My Bisharp for a Shiny Musharna.
    -My Audino for s Shiny Hydreigon with Choice Specs.
    -My Audino for a Shiny Volcarona with Wise Glasses.
    -My Pansear for a Serperior with Power Bracer.
    -My Tepig for a Shiny Bisharp with Power Lens.
    All 100% real. ^-^

Years
  • Level 1 Reshirams... maye I go on (_ _)

THIS...

And, I once found someone from France willing to trade a Zorua for a Vanilluxe, so I caught a Vanillite and spent my entire day training it to level 40, then checked to make sure they still had the offer up... they were gone.

To get my revenge on France, I nicknamed a Tepig or Oshawott "PUTAIN))))♪" and gave it to someone.

I think I might have shed a tear that day. :'(

There was that one guy offering shiny legendaries in Masterballs like someone else said before, and I didn't want any of them, but there was a shiny Umbreon. It looked so cute, even though it's a hack, so I just had to. I just gave them a regular Audino I had laying around in my boxes.

Is there any difference between hacked Pokémon and regular Pokémon or is it just the moral of it?

And, to Adamant57, people assume they are hacked... or they just don't want them. I don't know why people are obsessed with Zekroms and Reshirams. Normal shinies are extremely extremely rare, and it's kind of hard for me to believe you're telling the truth about encountering so many. But, who am I to say? I don't understand the obsession with shinies anyway. They just look weird. I do want a shiny Smeargle though...

Last edited:

lemonfreak

the golden caterpie
    Years
  • I decided to offer my pignite, for a dewott. A day later I got my dewott, but it wasn't until the next day I realised it was shiny XD (It was actually my first ever shiny!)
    It is currently a samurott.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    It's crazy, people offering Pidoves for Lv. 9 or under Reshirams/Zekroms, plus GTS doesn't let you trade any Zekrom or Reshiram on GTS that are underlevel'd so they should seriously fix that.

But, I have found some great trades on Negotations too. Like a Shiny Lv. 50 Latias or my shiny Poochyena.

I've managed over 50+ trades according to the guy in black in the Cestelia Pokemon center. He gave me a master ball. <3

Years
  • It's crazy, people offering Pidoves for Lv. 9 or under Reshirams/Zekroms, plus GTS doesn't let you trade any Zekrom or Reshiram on GTS that are underlevel'd so they should seriously fix that.

I seems like it's just filling up with those people. I just can't imagine why someone would ever think that it's logical... or even a fair trade. They just leave their Pokémon there, so it becomes really uncommon to find someone who's willing to trade something logically even like, for example, a Pansear for a Gothorita or a Latios for a Celebi.

And it is happening so much, I want to know what all these people are thinking! XD Do they think you can breed Zekrom and Reshiram? (I'm almost tempted to hack a bunch of Zekroms and Reshirams, so they're low-leveled just to get these people out of GTS, but I'm not sure if that would make things better... and I don't know how to hack Pokémon, lol.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    more of a disapointment. Lately it seems like you can't win against those who use the cheat systems. I missed the victini event because I couldn't afford my game until it was over. I own all the pokemon games so I've been putting pokemon away that I want to send and rebreeding to be able to send them over since before black and white officiallly came out ^^ (I like to breed and trade pokemon compared to battle ^^) so I went to trade for a victini over the gts and got one. But i was disappointed to find it was hacked :( you could tell because it said apparetnly met at twist mountain, which it obviously can't be. It wasn't only that trade but other pokemon that have been like that when i go to the trade. Sadly it makes me not even want to trade :/ I wish there was a way to block hacked pokemon in the trades

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • Is there any difference between hacked Pokémon and regular Pokémon or is it just the moral of it?

If you hack them properly, I'm pretty sure they become legit to anybody who doesn't know they aren't. If all the ID, PID and other security stuff look right, then the Pokemon will look exactly like a legit one. I recreated my Pokemon team with perfect IVs using Pokegen and sent them into my game to beat the Battle Subway (which is still super hard LOL). All my Pokemon look 100% legit except for one thing, my secret trainer ID. The Pokemon belong to my name and ID, but not to the secret one so it looks like they came from another trainer with the same name and ID. I was too lazy to go find it...

For those who traded with me, no worries, I just discovered the thing.

Sorry if I'm not allowed to talk about any of this...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I managed to complete the Unova Pokédex (Except for Thundurus and Landorus - got them here) by using Black and the GTS. Amazingly, I got the other two starters before I got to Castelia City, and managed to Get Zekrom, Braviary, Reuniclus...all the rare or hard-to-raise / high-level pokémon, without trading away any legendaries or anything!

But then again, that was back during March, where everyone was being reasonable and half of Japan hadn't been on because a Tsunami had kinda distracted them extremely.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Apart from me always finding everyone asking for low leveled Zekroms, which I do not have access to, I think it's pretty fun. I got a Female Panpour, which I wanted for a Yamask. Sure it had egg moves on it, but I had extras to give for it. :)

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    I spend hours on the Gts just trying to find someone who doesnt want a lv 9 or below zekrom. The Gts is so much easier in my homeland of sinnoh. My experience is deposit the pokemon and eventully a decent trader will come.

Back