• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Global Warming

Do you think it will be possible to reduce the Global Warming?

• Yes

Votes: 37 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Are you crazy, man?!?

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    i know my question wasn't vital, but i'd still appreciate an answer.

Haha. Hmm. People produce carbon dioxide all the time. Using your computer or most electrical processes will create carbon dioxide. It's excessive processess such as burning fuels, aeroplanes and industries that are the main reasons.
    To some extent yes a paintball gun will release a small carbon dioxide amount into the air which has the potential of contributing to global warming. I can assume for a pellet that it would be quite small, so only a small amount would be used.

If you want to 'make up' for it, recycle or decompose as much waste as possible, try to cut down on how you use energy and then plant a tree or something. Plants remove CO2 from the air for photosynthesis and the lack of forests are contributing to the build up of CO2 in the atmosphere.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Haha. Hmm. People produce carbon dioxide all the time. Using your computer or most electrical processes will create carbon dioxide. It's excessive processess such as burning fuels, aeroplanes and industries that are the main reasons.
    To some extent yes a paintball gun will release a small carbon dioxide amount into the air which has the potential of contributing to global warming. I can assume for a pellet that it would be quite small, so only a small amount would be used.

If you want to 'make up' for it, recycle or decompose as much waste as possible, try to cut down on how you use energy and then plant a tree or something. Plants remove CO2 from the air for photosynthesis and the lack of forests are contributing to the build up of CO2 in the atmosphere.

The world should do what Canada (as I know) is doing: When they cut a tree to make something like chairs and desks, they plant another tree in its place. Simple.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    The problem comes when some crazy people decide that fire is fun and start burning entire forests. Half Greek is on fire just now. Burned forests are very difficult to revive.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    In Portugal is happening exactly the same thing. At least last year was, this year it isn't happening too much.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    Well Then:

"Humans do nothing to help the precious things in the world, so why should the precious things help some human?"

So um, I have nothing more to say really. Oh wait, yeah I do.

Those braninless idots who are destroying this world, screw you.

I know this girl where shes wasting all our natural resources.

The family never recycles and will leave the TV on all night. They'll leave any electronic even if they aren't using it, for that matter.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    How can Global Warming turn into an instant Ice Age? >_> If there's an example of what Global Warming can cause, it's definitely not The Day After Tomorrow. There's no definite way to stop it from constantly growing, but one thing is for sure. Considering the technology we have at the time, scientists say that it's possible to slow down the process at up to 90%, if used correctly. In my opinion, that's a lot of help.

Vê lá se consegues ter um bocadinho mais de senso comum, MysticManyula. ;P

...how stupid can you get? Sorry to sound rude or anything, but electrical processes such as "using your computer" as far as I'm concerned, don't run on fuel aka gas etc., hence they don't release CO2. Devices that burn fuels are the cause for concern about the whole CO2 business. Electricity-related problems are already beeing solved through alternative energy, such as solar/wind power. And using a laptop or something doesn't burn fuels.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    How can Global Warming turn into an instant Ice Age? >_> If there's an example of what Global Warming can cause, it's definitely not The Day After Tomorrow. There's no definite way to stop it from constantly growing, but one thing is for sure. Considering the technology we have at the time, scientists say that it's possible to slow down the process at up to 90%, if used correctly. In my opinion, that's a lot of help.

Vê lá se consegues ter um bocadinho mais de senso comum, MysticManyula. ;P

Do you think I meant it would freeze everywhere tomorrow? I'm talking of ten thousands of years...

~Cya, UnitRico

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Ha, I got a funny story I heard from my brother about turning your electronics off but not unplugging them. My brother said he saw a clip of an interupting broadcast that went all over England (I think it was England) and that the reporter person had a screen behind him that showed a bar that was mostly filled and he said that it was the amount of energy being used up by people in England. He then told them to unplug all their appliances and electronics and the bar went from being 7/8 full to like, 3/8 full. Yes, a few electronisc/appliances left plugged in take up VERY LITTLE energy and produce few carbons, but when a whole country does something like that, then a LOT of energy is saved, not to mention less CO2 being produced. >_>

Anywho, I don't see how people think that the Global Warming problem is just a government plot of some sort. First of all, how can such idiots deny it? And if you REALLY think its true that the government is up to something with it by telling people to use up less energy and to produce elss pollution, what bad is to come from it? Do you think your government plans to use this saved energy to build some ultra-deadly laser device or something? o.O Man you guys are scrwed up if you think that.

Just curious, but some people stated that Global warming is a natural process? Besides the fact that animals (including people, as we count as animals) breathe out CO2, trees exist to counter-act that CO2 using photosynthesis. SO therefor, the only way I can think of that CO2 naturally blocks it off without the assistance of man's inventions, is from animals breathing; which I have already stated is counter-acted by plants. The GreenHouse effect is from having too much CO2 (along with other pollutants) in the atmosphere which trap in sunlight therefor heating the earth that much more. All the CO2 in the atmosphere is probably not made naturally, but made by us humans. So in my opinion, Global Warming is FAR from a natural process.

As for why the Ice Age happened along time ago, its because a volcano ahd erupted and the mass amounts of ash had blocked out sunlight (almost) completely, thus cooling the earth.

edit: Actually Waka, at the moment, most of the world relies on Coal Plants or Nuclear Plants for most of their energy. Yes we use solar and wind plants as well, but don't produce as near as much electricity as a Coal Plant or Nuclear plant does. The best plant IMO is Hydro because it can produce as much electricity as Coal or Nuclear plants but yet is still clean. The only problem with them is that they can cause floods. x:

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    I'm not believing Global Warming at all just yet. The world has been going through phases throughout all it's 4.5 billion years. XP;

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    this goes back to what i said earlier. human convinience is not a measure of the planets condition.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    .how stupid can you get? Sorry to sound rude or anything, but electrical processes such as "using your computer" as far as I'm concerned, don't run on fuel aka gas etc., hence they don't release CO2. Devices that burn fuels are the cause for concern about the whole CO2 business. Electricity-related problems are already beeing solved through alternative energy, such as solar/wind power. And using a laptop or something doesn't burn fuels.

Oh dear. Then as far as I'm concerned, how stupid can you get? ¬_¬
    Almost every country in the world now uses electricity. The majority of which comes from burning fossil fuels to power steam turbines. Where do you think electricity comes from? Even wikipedia can tell you that.
    Currently using fossil fues is far more efficient than greener options, which is why many countries are hesistant to change. And what about countries that can not afford or are less developed to run these (such as developing african settlements)?
    It's quite arrogant for you to say something and then call me 'stupid'- conversly when you're completely wrong yourself.

In terms of another Ice Age, a 'Day After Tommorow' scenario is somewhat possible. Global warming effects the Northern pole the most, the ice would melt and cause flooding of the cold water down towards Europe and America, where global warming has a less effect and where wind can carry the colder currents. It's possible but not a guaranteed situation.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Years
    In tens of thousands of years, I think global warming is the last thing to worry about.

I'm not believing Global Warming at all just yet. The world has been going through phases throughout all it's 4.5 billion years. XP;

Thoughts like these make me sad.
    Yes, as it will happen in some years, let's use C02 like crazy! Let's create the "burn fuel randomly day"! Sigh.

Sea level is slowly but constantly rising, half of the glaciars in the Northern and Southern poles are melting, temperatures have increased in the last 30 years more than in the 19th Century and the first half of the 20th together. Want a proof? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

And it won't take thousands of years, the scientists say that the effects will be even more noticeables and even catastrophic in 40-50 years...

Last edited:

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    ..how stupid can you get? Sorry to sound rude or anything, but electrical processes such as "using your computer" as far as I'm concerned, don't run on fuel aka gas etc., hence they don't release CO2. Devices that burn fuels are the cause for concern about the whole CO2 business. Electricity-related problems are already beeing solved through alternative energy, such as solar/wind power. And using a laptop or something doesn't burn fuels.

Oh my god.

Even something convenient like a single laptop takes 8 lbs/3.5 kg of coal to power.

Super Gullwing said:

What do you mean "just yet?" There is plenty of research out there to settle your so-called "belief" on Global Warming. You just choose not to give a crap.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Oh my god.

Even something convenient like a single laptop takes 8 lbs/3.5 kg of coal to power.

Okay so maybe I got pwnd. :< But my point still remains. A big fraction of CO2 release isn't mainly focused on electrical devices.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Thoughts like these make me sad.
    Yes, as it will happen in some years, let's use C02 like crazy! Let's create the "burn fuel randomly day"! Sigh.

Sea level is slowly but constantly rising, half of the glaciars in the Northern and Southern poles are melting, temperatures have increased in the last 30 years more than in the 19th Century and the first half of the 20th together. Want a proof? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

And it won't take thousands of years, the scientists say that the effects will be even more noticeables and even catastrophic in 40-50 years...

So you think it'll freeze in Africa in 40-50 years? Don't think so...and the earth had bigger problems to cope with, like enourmous rocks from space (meteorites) which smach in on the surface and make dust block the sunlight for a really long time, and even if there's going to be an Ice Age in the coming century (what won't come, or will it?), earth will recover, like it always does...I mean, if we won't die from plagues or starvation because all the food will dry, we'll freeze to death when that Ice Age comes...We probably won't live when one of these things happens...

~Cya, UnitRico

Ivysaur

Years
    So you think it'll freeze in Africa in 40-50 years? Don't think so...and the earth had bigger problems to cope with, like enourmous rocks from space (meteorites) which smach in on the surface and make dust block the sunlight for a really long time, and even if there's going to be an Ice Age in the coming century (what won't come, or will it?), earth will recover, like it always does...I mean, if we won't die from plagues or starvation because all the food will dry, we'll freeze to death when that Ice Age comes...We probably won't live when one of these things happens...

~Cya, UnitRico

I wasn't talking about a repentine Ice Age. I meant other cathastrophes like floodings, migrations of all the people in the Ecuador, droughts, etc. Ovbiously, we won't freeze this century, we are talking about warming < <

Gabri

m8
    Years
    I wasn't talking about a repentine Ice Age. I meant other cathastrophes like floodings, migrations of all the people in the Ecuador, droughts, etc. Ovbiously, we won't freeze this century, we are talking about warming < <

Yup. But the future is in danger.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back