• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga God Eater

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years

Poor Eric-chan.
    Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • #2 - #3

Episode 2 was slow. 3 was better (automatically better cause Alisa-chan!) but not much of an improvement. It followed a very predictable pattern. They REALLY dropped the ball as far as animation in the episode is concerned, though. It looked really choppy and awkward during more than one sequence. Not a good sign of things to come. Come on, ufotable, we expect more from you. Not...this. :/

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    ^ I was going to say I really liked the animation in the latest episode XD and I thought it was quite quick, rather than slow. Obviously slightly predictable in terms of them beating everything yadda yadda, but it's episode 3 so...!

derozio

Years
  • It wasn't fluid, Mana. There were certain scenes in it that looked cool - when they attack the monsters at the opposite person's side - that one scene was super cool and well animated. But the rest of the fights, the scene when they're running and jumping around and landing on the plane's surface, for example, just looked awkwardly done. If you wish to see instances of fluid animation in this anime, look no further than the OP - that's the kind of animation the fights deserve. And I can count a number of sequences where the CG monsters looked out-of-place CG as opposed to the usual CG-well-done-so-it-fits.

Which is why I said the episode dropped the ball with episode 3. But maybe I'm just being a little too nit-picky. Idk.

Years
  • It's an average show but I expected as much going into it because it's a game adaptation. It was okay, I'll keep up with it I guess. None of the episodes stood out to me but none of them got too boring.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Neither boring nor entertaining. It's just there, a show made to be watched.
    I HATE THE CG ANIMATION, SORRY, NOT GETTING OVER IT.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • You guys should know that this is game-bait more than anything =D
    (And it works on me xD But goddamn the undub version has problem with Alisa voice... and Maaya Sakamoto was the original reason why I wanted to play it...)

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • It sounds like all of the characters she has seiyuu'd by now, not sure what the problem is.

Yes, I created a verb.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • Personally, an anime is promising when you're hooked by the first episode.

I like the art style. Something different. The concept is a bit cliché but like I said, promising. Hopefully it stabs my feelings in a few episodes. Also an interesting plot would be just nice.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • If anyone was trolling, it would be the makers of the game.

Spoiler:

Akiba

Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

They screwed around pretty hard for the first 9 episodes and the two delays sucked, but the season finished off strong. Actually looking forward to the sequel.

derozio

Years
  • Wait, this has a sequel? Also, was it worth it in the end? Because I only started it due to Alisa and the pretty art and kinda left it on hold after ep 3 or 4 idk.

Akiba

Years
  • I appreciated the nihilism at first, but eventually it got pretty boring. The last four episodes were refreshing in that regard. Like, they actually defeated a Vajra for once.

@dero if nothing else, watch the Iroha episode.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Usually I can push and force myself to watch, but I gave up after episode 2-3 on all 3 of my attempts. Didn't really think I could make it to the end so this is one of the few anime which I've had to drop due to boredom.

It seemed interesting at first, but they could have done it a lot better...

Back