• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Going into the final week, what is your hype level like for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I'm thinking it's about an Ultra Hyped/10.

I heavily enjoyed SM, and everything they're doing with USUM has me excited to try them out, especially Rainbow Rocket in the postgame. The story looks like it'll be a tad darker too (no Necrozma pun intended), which is pretty nice. I'm doing my best to avoid leaks of the game (so much so that I downloaded a Chrome plugin to block specific youtube videos) so I can dive into them semi-blind. There's so much here, and I can't wait to put multiple hours into both games!

I thought Rainbow Rocket is suppose to be main storyline.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
9/10

Eager to use Move Tutors this time around, along with some new Pok?mon and confront even more familiar faces.

Would have loved to see more new Mega Evolutions introduced, though, but I'm happy enough with what I shall be getting when playing these games.

Years
I'd say pretty hyped, to be honest! If these games barely had any substantial difference from SM, then I'd be somewhat less hyped due to lack of new Alola forms. However, since that isn't the case, I really do not care about new Alola forms and am more excited for things like the new Battle Factory clone as well as fighting Ultra Recon Squad and going through Ultra Space and Surfing!!

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
I'd give it a solid 7/10

While we see some disappointments (no new Alola Forms, Festival Plaza), we also saw a lot of really interesting stuff (Mantine Surf, Rainbow Rocket, more Pok?mon).
I'm pretty excited for it. Been a while since I actually booted up my 3DS.

DmitritheDitto

Ditto Fanclub
Years
Well, after seeing Team Rainbow Rocket and all the old team leaders my hype is quite high. I also love that we can catch the legends from previous games. Really a sellling point for me.
Hype level- 11/10

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I'm extremely curious, yes. And very impatient :) .

And there are chances I might get the game a bit earlier than Friday (that's my local game shop's usual MO) , so, yeah, very impatient and eager to play this thing :) .

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I thought Rainbow Rocket is suppose to be main storyline.

They're not. I've been trying to say that was the case since their reveal as it made the most sense, but it was actually 100% confirmed to be postgame in the most recent interview on Pokemon.com:
https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-...-of-pokemon-ultra-sun-and-pokemon-ultra-moon/

"...Since Team Rainbow Rocket only appears after you complete the main story, I wasn't too concerned with that, but I think we found a good balance with all of the other elements by placing Necrozma at the center of the story."

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
Thats disappointing really

why? What possessed you to think that Rainbow Rocket will ever be the main story? It is clear since September that necrozima and Ultra recon squad will be main story while Rainbow Rocket will be a post-game.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
I have very little hype for these games, especially after the datamine. :( I was hoping that GF had moved past third version rehashes like this, and what new content we are getting doesn't seem to be even remotely worth buying a full price game for.

Definitely a weak end to what has been a weak console era for the franchise. I really hope GF steps up their game in the Switch era.

DarkPokeball1985

When The Moon Eclipse The Sun
Years
Choo! Choo! Sorry to say my fellow trainers that I'm already at the Hype Station. The conductor is upset that I got on before anyone was allowed to board but I said if he didn't let me on now so I can camp out on the train I will be singing him the Pokemon song in pink underwear the entire time so without hesitation he let me board now. But no matter how hard I try he won't drive the train to the Ultra Moon station until Friday!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Hype level: Pretty high

I'm happy to see much more new elements involving Ultra Beasts and Necrozma this time around, along with a new postgame involving old villainous faces to end the whole handheld era with a bang.

I'm also eager to use new Move Tutors on Pok?mon from the latest generation, as always.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
why? What possessed you to think that Rainbow Rocket will ever be the main story? It is clear since September that necrozima and Ultra recon squad will be main story while Rainbow Rocket will be a post-game.

I thought it was going to be an actual sequel not a remake with extras

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 29, 2018
8/10 I'd say. Rainbow Rocket looks great, I'm looking forward to giving the Battle Agency a try, and the kid in me loves that I can catch every legendary in these games.

Back