• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Gold help.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    Ok so i had pokemon gold delivered today and after playing for about 2 hours, i saved the game. Came back later and the save was not there.
    Is this common? What can i do?

GuardianofAuraGirl

Ok so i had pokemon gold delivered today and after playing for about 2 hours, i saved the game. Came back later and the save was not there.
    Is this common? What can i do?

That happens to me too on my Pokemon Silver game but I don't know where to go to replace the battery. I was using the Nintendo Gameboy SP console to play it - maybe it doesn't work on that console. Though it might work on Gameboy Colour (but I don't have that console - so old).

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    Yeah i have gameboy colour. Im gonna try open it with a screwdriver and put the battery in from yellow.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I take it you bought the game from Ebay or Amazong or some site like that.

https://images.google.com/images?cl...ceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi
    Forum rules disallow me to post a direct link to another forum. Follow the above URL and click on the fourth image from left (corner of a game chip showing the battery) and there's the relevent thread.
    Second time I've told someone this — makes me think a post on how to change the battery should be stickied here.

I was using the Nintendo Gameboy SP console to play it - maybe it doesn't work on that console. Though it might work on Gameboy Colour.
    It doesn't matter what the game is played on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    Yeah from ebay. But. I just took it apart, ripped the battery out and put it back together so is has no battery. Played it, and my game saved! :D:D:D How is this possible? Im chuffed!

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Its because you are magic!

Nar just kidding but seriously good for you, atleast some of us have a working GSC

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    Im well happy. Has this happened with everyones gold then?
    Its just confusing how it saves without a battery. Ah well, im not complaning :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Yeah from ebay. But. I just took it apart, ripped the battery out and put it back together so is has no battery. Played it, and my game saved! :D:D:D How is this possible? Im chuffed!
    What.
    Tell me, does time move forward on the game's clock? If it does then that's very odd since the battery runs the clock...

Has this happened with everyones gold then?
    To a lot of people, yes.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Batteries (particularly the cylindrical ones used in game catridges) often last just a bit longer when they are detached and reattached to whatever they're giving power to. However, I'd recommend that you go ahead and replace it as soon as you can incase the battery dries out completely.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Forget it, the battery cannot be replacable, because they do not sell them anymore. However, try getting a ROM and a flashcard and you can play it.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Forget it, the battery cannot be replacable, because they do not sell them anymore. However, try getting a ROM and a flashcard and you can play it.
    Uh, wrong... they're just batteries... they're used for some other digital devices, too. :B They're not Nintendo Batteries. lul

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I looked in 5 stores for an identical battery, there aren't any left.
    Why would they stop manufacturing a battery? Where are you looking, Dairy Queen? I've seen them everywhere from the Dollar Tree to Home Depot. They're not common batteries, but they still exist and are sold in 80%+ of stores that sell batteries.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I looked in 5 stores for an identical battery, there aren't any left.
    CR2032 batteries are extremely common and used in small electronics. GBC games have them, and they are still being manufactured and sold. You must have been looking in the wrong places.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    To say the truth, I am not in America, so we don't have these stores. I'm in Russia, where they are massively rare and appear only 15% in stores. I got one, but the game gave me a blue guy (LOL)

Back