• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Gold or Silver?

Which do you prefer?

• Pokémon Gold Version

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Pokémon Silver Version

Votes: 46 63.0%

• Total voters

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    Though I had a bit of a rough time in Silver, I loved it. Got the remake for Gold though.(Voted Silver)

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
  • I'll have to go with Silver. That was the first game of the second gen games that I bought and I've always liked the color Silver more than Gold.

Khall

Permafrost
    Years
  • I guess I have to go with Silver, even though I like Ho-oh and most of Gold's exclusive Pokemon better. It was my first ever Pokemon game, and it just has a special place in my heart.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    Gold. You know, technically Silver is better for me, but Gold is the one I've played most, more memories into it. It dates back when I didn't even know Pokémon properly, when my friend showed me how it was. I thought it was awesome, but when I saw there were better games, I stopped thinking about it. So, I conclude that I like Gold better.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • They are both the same except for the Sprites (which I do wish that Pokemon continued with making different sprites based on the different version) I like Pokemon Silver because the sprites in my opinion looked better and Lugia is accessible before beating the Elite Four for the first time.

:t354:TG

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • Silver. The version exclusives (Houndour, for example!) were more fun in my opinion.

I had it, but it got stolen and that broke my heart.. I now have Gold and two Crystal cartridges O.o

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • Although Gold was my first game, I would have to go with Silver because it had more of my favorite Pokemon.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • Gold. You know, technically Silver is better for me, but Gold is the one I've played most, more memories into it. It dates back when I didn't even know Pokémon properly, when my friend showed me how it was. I thought it was awesome, but when I saw there were better games, I stopped thinking about it. So, I conclude that I like Gold better.
    Basically my story. I like Gold for the nostalgia, even though Silver might be the "better" game. Gold FtW!

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Just like for SoulSilver, my favorite would consist of Lugia so I would most likely pick Silver. I had both, and Crystal, but I played more of silver than anything.

TamerKoh

World of Chaos Super Deluxe...
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    They're both about the same, in my opinion, just focusing on a different legendary. I, honestly, prefer Crystal over them both, since it introduced more, improved upon the systems introduced in these games (such as the PokeGear Phone Calls having random messages, to give each trainer more character), and included a bit more content.

Coffee
    Years
  • Silver VS Gold.... well, seeing that Gold is more valuable (In the real world,anyhow)i chose gold. IMO, Gold is much better

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    SIlver, without a second thought for me. I didn't get too into the originals so Silver was basically the first Pokemon game I ever played and beaten.

Back