• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gonna Start Fresh?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I really haven't decided what I'm doing yet. :\

I'll probably going to start fresh, as I've done that for all previous Pokemon games.

RHCP

||Sweetie Belle~
    Years
    I'll definitely be starting fresh. I might not even Trade until I've beaten the E4.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    I think I'm planning to do something something I've never done before and that is to soft reset for a shiny starter. I normally trade level 1 Pokemon over and raise them, or I trade eggs over. So I think I'm just going to catch Pokemon as the game goes.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I'm probably gonna start fresh. I always do, but who knows? Maybe I'll be up for a change!

jmadude

Keybledar43
    Years
    I'm going to start fresh to have a challenge, I won't trade my other pokemon to the game until I have beaten Red. I mean what's so fun about beating gyms and the elite four with all level 100s.

Blazing Charmander

The Stray Pokemon
    Years
    I've never traded in a pre-prepared team for a new file before, and it's unlikely i'll start with SoulSilver. Feraligatr is a cert for my team as Totodile was my first ever starter on Silver all those years ago, and i'm intent on building a strong team using Pokemon that I catch within the game itself.

I might restart at some point if i'm either dissatisfied with my first playthrough or get bored, in which case I might then try my hand at trading in some eggs.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years

Eh.. Noctowl>Staraptor.

As for me I'll start fresh except 1 pokemon..

I prefer pokemon with high attack/sp attack and speed over pokemon that can barely be offensive at all.

I see no point in using Noctowl ingame since its defensive capabilities goes to waste basically. Pidgeot is also bad offensively (80 base attack compared to Staraptor's 120), which is why i'm going to use Staraptor. Staraptor also learns way better moves than Noctowl and Pidgeot in my opinion. (Brave Bird via level up, Close Combat)

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    I prefer pokemon with high attack/sp attack and speed over pokemon that can barely be offensive at all.

I see no point in using Noctowl ingame since its defensive capabilities goes to waste basically. Pidgeot is also bad offensively (80 base attack compared to Staraptor's 120), which is why i'm going to use Staraptor. Staraptor also learns way better moves than Noctowl and Pidgeot in my opinion. (Brave Bird via level up, Close Combat)

I don't really think of those things. XD To be honest with you, I don't pay too much attention to stats or having a team with the best offense or something like that. I just train my Pokemon based on who I like or for other special reason. I train as best I can and hope for the best!

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    since i am getting both i was planning on having one which i dont trade any pokemon, except the pikachu colored pichu, until i beat the game. and on the other i was planning on breeding a team...just have to figure out what i want.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Other than trading over my TRU Arceus and Pikachu-Colored Pichu to unlock the in-game events, I don't have any plans to transfer over any other Pokémon to my SoulSilver file. I usually like starting fresh when I purchase a new game, taking my time so I don't miss anything while still enjoying the game.

After that, I'll trade over any Pokémon from either DPPt or migrate from my GBA games to form new teams for future challenges. If I do get bored after time, I might always reset the game and come up with teams from all regions while trading seeing as I've already gotten my fresh start before.

Chaos Feraligatr

Darkness Bringer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    yeah im not gonna trade any pokemon till i beat the game, although i will probably trade over some TMs when i need them.

I agree with this ,but im not trading any pokemon because im staying strictly johto, so im using crobat (:<

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hmmm...i will, most probably, trade over a Shiny Sneasel (dunno which one though).
    Yeah, get me, i have two...

That'd be for Kanto though.As i plan to:

-Johto-journey through like normal
    -Kanto-Keep starter, trade over my Shiny Sneasel, collect an entirely new team.

So, i'm doing an impression of Ash and Pikachu in the anime.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    I'm definitely starting fresh with SoulSilver. I have traded sets of Lv. 5 starters over to my Ruby and Emerald games after I beat Sapphire, but all my other games I've used Pokemon that I catch in-game to beat the Elite Four. I just feel that trading over powerful Pokemon to beat up gyms and the Elite Four takes so much of the challenge and fun out of the game. Right now I've got an in-game team planned with some Pokemon that I love but have never used for main gameplay before, so I'm really excited about starting fresh. After I beat the Elite Four, I'll probably trade over some Pokemon from my Diamond and Platinum games for Pokedex and breeding purposes, but I do all of my competitive battling out of my Platinum game. It's got good move tutors and access to high-level trainers for level-grinding after I EV train, and it's compatible with Pokemon Battle Revolution. If SoulSilver is compatible is PBR, then I may reconsider. Other than that, I'll do most of my breeding on Diamond because I can send the extras over to Pokemon Ranch on the Wii so I don't have to release them (I'm trying to get to 1000 so I can trade for a Mew). I'll use SoulSilver for IV breeding, Egg Move breeding, and Move Tutors primarily.

Years
    I've always been the type of person to start over fresh. The only time I would trade in a pokemon from a different game is if I had a particular attachment to it (i'll eventually trade over my Staraptor from Diamond, cause I love it so much! ^^)

Back