• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gonna Start Fresh?

Years
    I think I might start fresh all together I lost count of all my main pokemon, i kinda got into the habbit were all the pokemon i got were shiny cos of a ar but id never cheat on the levels or anything. and the only real shiny i got sucked.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    I am only going to trade two Pokemon eggs for my main team-Charmander, and Bagon.
    Larvatar,Mareep,Totodile,and Heracross will all be caught normally. Then after the game is completed, I will trade over my LV 100s.
    Oh! and the pichu arceus and jirachi!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'll trade between HG and SS to get all of the starters, but I don't think I'll do much trading between HG/SS and D/P/P. Maybe I'll send myself a couple of level 1 Pokemon to train, but at the moment, I'm leaning more towards just playing the new games through without help from D/P/P.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I'm not gonna trade my Pokémon until later in the game. Maybe not even until I beat the E4.

Years
    Mostly. I have already prepped my Smeargle for HM Slave usage (Whirlpool, Fly, Rock Climb, Cut). No more Whirlpool Mantine yayz!
    I plan on using only Johto and Kanto guys until the sixteenth badge. Then will transfer the butt load.

One exception includes the sending over of Johto starters. I plan to start with a female Chikorita and send over my DD/IcePunch Toto and my egg moved Cyndaquil.

Will also send over some Lucky Eggs. They aren't that hard to find.
    Male Cute Charm? Check. The boy has Covet? Check. Ready to thoonk the Chansey? You bet!

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
    Lucky eggs are easier to get by chaining and stealing them than by catching a chansey and hoping they have them. I got 17 more this morning, alone.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Why would you want to start any way other than fresh, I'll trade over my EV trained Pokemon for the Battle Frontier when I'm finished with the rest of the game, but I LOVE starting fresh, a brand new adventure with brand new Pokemon, nothing better than that IMO.

Blackoutv3

TO CATCH THEM IS NO REAL TEST!
    Years
    I plan to catch only six pokemon during the duration of the story then go back and catch the rest at the end

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Yup, completely from scratch for me. And no Action Replay, either, surprisingly! I want to play a pure game, like I did for Crystal when I was younger. ;D

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2010
    I don't have the convience of having two DS... I'm gonna go to a pawn shop sometime soon.

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
    Hahahahahahaha...
    No.

I'm doing a variation of that. I'm breeding a team of competitive Pokémon at Lv. 1 and sending them over to HG when I get it. That way, I can technically start fresh while not starting fresh. I love loopholes like that :D

I totally agree with this. :] I have tons of fantastic teams on my Pearl, so I plan to trade over my best while furthering my teams and trying out new strategies on SS.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Of course, that's how I tackle every game. Always a fresh start and new Pokemon to grow attached to.

tangvor

Pokemon FTW
    Years
    I'm starting straight fresh!
    I'm going to trade over a few items like a metal coat (YAY SCIZOR!) and a few stones so I can get what I want faster though haha
    I'm using only pokemon obtainable in the game all the way through after I get my main team up to at least the 90s (if not 100) then I will trade other pokemon not obtainable to it

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
    I thought about trading over Pokemon from Platinum, but I probably won't do that until I've beaten the game completely and start another playthrough. Although, it'll be tough to compose a team in SS since I dunno what I want exactly, but that's the fun of not knowing. I can just compromise and see what I end up with. Although, I do know that I'm running with my starter and a Mareep, which in turn will evolve into Ampharos.

Back