• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good day from North Bay

Years
  • Hey all, I'm Brandon. I'm from a place called North Bay, Ontario (Canada)

I've been a fan of pokemon for my entire life, I tried to drop the habit when I was about 13 years old. I was told "It's for babies" but that didn't change anything. I ended up playing all through high school and now while I'm in college. I play mostly Pokemon Emerald on a Game Boy micro (I know, right?) and I play Gold on an emulator (My GBC broke and I still have the cartridge, so it's all perfectly legal)

Anyway, aside from pokemon, my hobbies include hunting, fishing, other various video games (pokemon being my favorite) and writing. I'm in college for the opening part of a civil engineering course (I'll end up in a university in about 3 years).

There really isn't much else to tell.

Lazer

Geek in the Pink
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    Hello, Brandon!
    You have quite a history with Pokémon, and it's nice to see that you didn't give up despite the peer pressure. It's easy to see why someone who likes Pokémon would like hunting and fishing, haha. I hope you have in here, and see you around!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • OMG YOU'RE A CANADIAN TOO HIGH FIVE

Oh, welcome to PC. Shouldn't forget about that.
    Yeah, a lot of people here are in high school/college and still play Pokémon. It's a common stereotype "only nerds/little kids play Pokémon!" but hanging around here for a while and it's obvious that's not true at all.

Well, that's just my two cents. See you!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Good evening Brandon! Welcome to PC!

I tried to drop Pokemon too but when I was 18. But then Pokemon Black White came out and I bought White and ended up enjoying it so much that I decided to not stop playing Pokemon. It's just way to hard to let go and has been a part of me ever since I was a kid. I agree with you and anyone else who says Pokemon isn't just for kids. There should be no age limit! I'm 21 and I still obsess over Pokemon. I look forward to each new release. I personally can't wait for Pokemon X and Y to come out. Can't believe they come out ten days from now! So stoked! But anyway, this is the best place for all Pokemon fans alike. You should find we have lots of section on Pokemon from gaming, to the anime to the trading card game and hacking. There's also a video game section to talk about non Pokemon related games if that also tickles your fancy. Be sure to check everything out we have to offer!

If you ever need a person to talk to, Brandon, then feel free to VM (vistor message) or PM (private message)me! Hope you have a fun and wonderful time here. Lastly , the staff are as kind as our members so if you have any questions, feel free to contact them. They in the bold blue, orange or red. See ya around sometime!

Years
  • Oooh, I want the Game Boy Micro so bad. But it doesn't play GBC games.. I'd wanted something that I could use to play both GBC and GBA so I decided against it. Plus the price tag, ugh.. isn't it over $280 at lowest now? @_@; That is too much for me to afford, haha.

Welcome to PC, Brandon! I love the Shedinja avatar. Pokemon is definitely not for babies and there are many people of all ages here who enjoy it. I'm 22 so there's that! Will likely never stop loving this wonderful franchise, especially as communities like these continue to exist and allow you to discuss everything you love about Pokemon with others. It really is wonderful and I guarantee you PC is a great place to start out. :3

Enjoy your time here, 'kaay! Hope to see you around!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Pokemon isn't *just* for kids. There's a lot more fans in the teens/adult ages because they grew up with it. I'm almost 23 and I've been playing for years. :D It's really a whole lot of fun, and I'm extremely hyped for the new generation coming in two weeks!

Welcome aboard! We seem to have a few things in common. I love playing video games, I'm in college, and I love to write as well. Thankfully you'll be able to share a lot of interests here with others besides myself. :D I think most GBA consoles are around $40 or so...at least that's what I saw on ebay. I think here at GameStop sells them as well.. I'm not fairly certain tbh!

I know you will have a wonderful time here, so don't be shy and join the many discussions we have here! Have a great time, alright! Cirny will always assist you with any questions you may have regarding your stay, and see ya around! ~

Back