• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good deeds shall bring good karma

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Pretty much originated from my karma thread, but this focuses more on good deeds.

1)This one's gonna be a brainbuster, but define what a good deed can be in your own words.

2)Do you actively try to do good deeds? Or do you do good deeds as the opportunity comes along? Or do you just mind your own business and move on in life?

3)Why do a good deed?

4)What was the last good deed you did?

5)Say anything worth saying related to good deeds. :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • 1)This one's gonna be a brainbuster, but define what a good deed can be in your own words.: A good deed is an action to help someone out of the kindness of your heart.

2)Do you actively try to do good deeds? Or do you do good deeds as the opportunity comes along? Or do you just mind your own business and move on in life?: I just mind my own business and do a good deed when an opportunity comes along.

3)Why do a good deed?: Doing good deeds show that you're willing to help other people.

4)What was the last good deed you did?: Don't remember, sadly.

5)Say anything worth saying related to good deeds. :3: Good deeds are fun if you're willing to help other people.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • 1)This one's gonna be a brainbuster, but define what a good deed can be in your own words.
    Well when you do something good for someone other than yourself

2)Do you actively try to do good deeds?
    Occasional to the people I love

Or do you do good deeds as the opportunity comes along?
    Sometimes

Or do you just mind your own business and move on in life?
    If I don't like the person than I would move on with my life

3)Why do a good deed?
    because its good to help those in need

Helped my boyfriend with his essay which was boring and I considered it death

:t354:TG

mysticflower

Parasol Lady Madeleine
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 15, 2013
    1)This one's gonna be a brainbuster, but define what a good deed can be in your own words.
    A good deed is any action that benefits someone (other than yourself) or a cause.

2)Do you actively try to do good deeds? Or do you do good deeds as the opportunity comes along? Or do you just mind your own business and move on in life?
    I do good deeds as the opportunity comes along.

3)Why do a good deed?
    It makes you feel good about yourself, strengthens your relationships with other people and reminds you of the important things in life.

Drove my mum to the shops when she was feeling tired. Most of the good deeds I do are for those close to me.

5)Say anything worth saying related to good deeds.
    Like is rewarded with like.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    A good deed is something that helps more people than it puts out. It can help yourself to be a good deed, I don't know where everyone got the idea that everything good is completely selfless.

I don't go out of my way to look for good to do, but I'll always want to do the right thing when I'm presented with a situation, I'm pretty serious about that.

3)Why do a good deed?
    Honestly, for the boost of self confidence that no matter what happens, I know that I'm a good person.

I would say I sent a PM to cheer someone up that I spent quite a bit of time on, that's the last good thing I did.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Anything you do for others that gives off a positive vibe or influence.

When the opportunity comes along. If I try to do them, it looks forced and kills its worth.

3)Why do a good deed?
    One, it helps the person you're helping. Kind of obvious, but it also boosts their morale for the day or something, as well as your own, giving yourself confidence.

I think it was... helping out a friend as he vented to me. Or something like that.

5)Say anything worth saying related to good deeds.
    What goes around comes around?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    To me, a good deed is whatever society deems above morally appropriate. Though i suppose that would make a lot of what we consider bad deeds today good deeds back in the day. Like Aztec sacrificing for example. Good deed to sacrifice people then, bad deed to sacrifice people now.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Urban Dictionary defines good deed as:
    Urban Dictionary said:
    An act from which you get no benefit that costs you. No good deed goes unpunished. A good deed will come back and bite you in the ass.

Goring issued an order shielding decorated Jewish WW1 veterans and their families from the Gestapo. That order was used against Goring at his trial. His good deed came back and bit him in the ass.
    Probably one of the more fatalistic definitions I've read of the term... but that's Urban Dictionary for you!

In all seriousness, I don't go out trying to do good deeds for people, but if the opportunity presents itself to be slightly more selfless than I usually am, there's a high chance I'll take it. The last good deed I can remember doing involved a film ticket. I'd accidentally double-booked and was going to return one of my tickets before the other film started. There was this old guy in line who I was selling the ticket to, but he was £1 short; mainly because I was in a hurry, I just took the reduced price and ran off. He seemed confused but happy to have a ticket.

Back