• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good team?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Ok I have a skarmory- 316 hp, 192 att, 391 def, 97 specattk, 155 specdef, 166 speed, moves are: spikes, whirlwind, roost, and stealth rock item leftovers

Gengar-243 hp, 136 att, 131 def,332 specattk, 171 sp. def, 343 speed, moves are: hypnosis, explosian, focus blast, and shadow ball. item- leftovers

Tyrannitar- 333 hp, 400 att, 249 def, 180 sp att, 221 spec def, 213 speed, moves are-crunch, earthquake, stone edge, and aqua tail. item- choice band

Electivire- 279 hp, 379 att, 163 def, 200 spec att, 191 spec def, 277 speed, moves- earthquake, icepunch, thunderpunch, and cross chop item- quick claw

Garchomp- 351 hp 392 att, 220 def, 228 sp atk, 180 soec def, 302 speed moves are; dragonclaw swords dance earthquake, and substitute, item- leftovers

Starmi- 257 hp, 144 att, 193 def, 269 sp attk, 192 def, 359 speed, moves- thunderbolt, ice beam, trick, and hydro pump item- choice scarf

Please tell me how I can improve or use my team correctly

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    It's a lot easier to rate your team if you use this format:

Pokémon @ Item
    Trait (If required)
    EVs
    Nature
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4

Please edit your team to fit this format ^^

Also, Garchomp is Uber and therefore banned from standard OU play ;-;

andersennavy

Born to be the very best
    Years
    If you want to play in a standard battle, quick claw is not allowed so your electivire would need something different. I'd say life orb would be a better choice. Also, I think an item that would boost gengar's attack or speed would be more useful than leftovers since Gengar's defense is pretty weak.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Ok I have a skarmory- 316 hp, 192 att, 391 def, 97 specattk, 155 specdef, 166 speed, moves are: spikes, whirlwind, roost, and stealth rock item leftovers
    Good.

Gengar-243 hp, 136 att, 131 def,332 specattk, 171 sp. def, 343 speed, moves are: hypnosis, explosian, focus blast, and shadow ball. item- leftovers

Fine I guess. Explosion won't det much with a 136 attack score, so put in Will-O-Wisp or Substitute.

Tyrannitar- 333 hp, 400 att, 249 def, 180 sp att, 221 spec def, 213 speed, moves are-crunch, earthquake, stone edge, and aqua tail. item- choice band

Fine.

Electivire- 279 hp, 379 att, 163 def, 200 spec att, 191 spec def, 277 speed, moves- earthquake, icepunch, thunderpunch, and cross chop item- quick claw

Fine I guess, Expertbelt works better than Quick Claw.

Garchomp- 351 hp 392 att, 220 def, 228 sp atk, 180 soec def, 302 speed moves are; dragonclaw swords dance earthquake, and substitute, item- leftovers

Its in the Uber Tier, so its not allowed in OU, replace it with Mence's DD set, that set is terrible by the way, because its completely walled by Skarmory.

Starmie- 257 hp, 144 att, 193 def, 269 sp attk, 192 def, 359 speed, moves- thunderbolt, ice beam, trick, and hydro pump item- choice scarf

You forgot the "e" on Starmie. ^_^ Standard otherwise though.

Comments in bold. Its hard to do anything else, because you didn't give:

Natures
    The general idea this team is going to accomplish
    The desired "core" you would like to keep

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    If you want to play in a standard battle, quick claw is not allowed so your electivire would need something different. I'd say life orb would be a better choice. Also, I think an item that would boost gengar's attack or speed would be more useful than leftovers since Gengar's defense is pretty weak.

Hax Item Clause is not a standard clause but I'll admit it is cheap.

Anyway please provide EVs for your Pokemon and nature and Trait (a.k.a. Nature) if it has more than one.

P.S.
    Like has been said before, Garchomp is not allowed.

Simmons_2.0

-_- STOP STARING!!
    Years
    Good here, I dont' see anything wrong.

Replace Explosion with something else, preferably Substitute or something along those lines.
    I personally prefer this Tyranitar
    Tyranitar @Leftys Nature Quite
    252 HP / 52 Atk / 176 SpA / 28 Spe
    Sub, Dark pulse, Flamethrower, Focus Punch. Tyraniboah, poses a threat against stall teams as they'll probably switch out thinking your going to go to town using Stone edge and EQ.

Electavire is a bit overrated. Yes, it has that coverage and motor drive, but at the end of the day, it's a tough call to justify it when your best options for STAB are a wimpy attack like Thunder Punch, or one that takes advantage of the weaker special offense. , Starmie hits almost as many types but doesn't have the drawback that Electavire suffers. Ditch this guy entirely. If you still insist on using it, give it Expert Belt. Right now, I'd probably replace it with a wall or something like a blissey.

Uber tier, replace it with something like... Donphan or Mamoswine

Starmi- 257 hp, 144 att, 193 def, 269 sp attk, 192 def, 359 speed, moves- thunderbolt, ice beam, trick, and hydro pump item- choice scarf
    Standard

changes should be in bold...

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Actually Boah isnt a threat to stall like at all lol, Swampert, S.Def Gyarados, Hippowdon, Gliscor etc are all stall staples and all poop all over it. I mean when you lose to CM Latias and have STAB on dark you know you're terrible lol

Anyway CBTar wants Pursuit over Earthquake. Earthquake is incredibly easy to set up on and doesn't really add coverage whilst Pursuit lets you nail things that are going to switch out thus trapping them in between a rock and a hard place.

Garchomp is uber. Use Flygon.

If you are using Explosion on Gengar, use 40 Att / 216 SP.att / 252 speed @ Hasty @ Life Orb to net the OHKO on stuff i.e Blissey.

Also natures ? That and you're going to want to rebreed those stats are frikking terrible.

Simmons_2.0

-_- STOP STARING!!
    Years
    Actually Boah isnt a threat to stall like at all lol, Swampert, S.Def Gyarados, Hippowdon, Gliscor etc are all stall staples and all poop all over it. I mean when you lose to CM Latias and have STAB on dark you know you're terrible lol

Anyway CBTar wants Pursuit over Earthquake. Earthquake is incredibly easy to set up on and doesn't really add coverage whilst Pursuit lets you nail things that are going to switch out thus trapping them in between a rock and a hard place.

Garchomp is uber. Use Flygon.

If you are using Explosion on Gengar, use 40 Att / 216 SP.att / 252 speed @ Hasty @ Life Orb to net the OHKO on stuff i.e Blissey.

Also natures ? That and you're going to want to rebreed those stats are frikking terrible.

It poses a threat, Ice beam is for Gliscor, Donphan, Salamence, and Breloom, Flamethrower is for Meta, skarm, etc, and T-bolt is for Gyara and Milo. I just forgot to add those moves i nthere. "Dark Pulse is suggested over Crunch so Tyranitar can perform its wall-breaking duties better. Choosing Dark Pulse gives you a good option against the physical walls you cannot hit super effective with your special move of choice." though Crunch does do more damage to Latias. I NEVER see it.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    It poses a threat, Ice beam is for Gliscor, Donphan, Salamence, and Breloom, Flamethrower is for Meta, skarm, etc, and T-bolt is for Gyara and Milo. I just forgot to add those moves i nthere. "Dark Pulse is suggested over Crunch so Tyranitar can perform its wall-breaking duties better. Choosing Dark Pulse gives you a good option against the physical walls you cannot hit super effective with your special move of choice." though Crunch does do more damage to Latias. I NEVER see it.

Except you can't run like 7 moves at once. You have to choose one of the elemental attacks, and that's it. Plus, most people EV stuff to take hits like that. SpD Gyara won't get KOed by a TBolt, it isn't even close to a KO on Milotic. Flamethrower isn't going to KO anything, and they can just switch out easily. Stall is so defensive that it doesn't break through stuff. Plus it's Toxic Spikes weak, so they can just stall you out =3

But yes, natures and EV spreads please, makes it much easier to rate =P

Back