• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GP's Art

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
  • GP's Art

President Elect Barack Obama

WTF- Cool! Though it doesn't look too much alike, it's quite nice. Hail Obama! Hail President of America!

But Obama in a full black isn't that nice. I suggest you make a suit, or a tie or something?

Titan of Lightning

Pokemon Cobalt Trainer
    Years
  • With that stance, he looks a little evil, especially with his angry expression. Also, he doesn't look that well shaded, so you might want to change that.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • >ahem< i made that in honestly less than five minutes... i recolored my rp sprite and just threw together the head (look at the zoomed in view...)
    he's standing with his left side to us, so you wouldn't see his tie, and he's waving to the crowd...
    thank you all for your tips! i will use them when i make new stuff!

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Getting better, but theres a lot of pillow shading, & I'm pretty sure you don't want that ...

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • okay, so what exactly constitutes pillow shading? what is it exactly and how would you suggest that i avoid it? (it's hard to stop doing something that i dont know what i'm doing...)

like where is pillow shading at in my sprites?

by the way, is the light spot positioning better at least?

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Ok... the originals on my first post dont have correct shading... so ive been redoing some of the shading on some of these guys, so here they are...
    GP's Art
    >
    GP's Art

GP's Art
    >
    GP's Art

GP's Art
    >
    GP's Art

GP's Art
    >
    GP's Art

GP's Art
    >
    GP's Art

GP's Art
    >
    GP's Art

I'll put up more as i finish them...keep tunin' in!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Whoo that's a pretty big house! It's pretty good in design, but I'm gonna nit-pick on the lines.
    You see how on the doors and windows it's either straight or going up 1 pixel at a time? And for the most part the step is going up by 2 pixels at a time?
    Those lines look wonderful! But on alot of other things there is a variation, and makes it look choppy. :c
    I don't know if it's the choppy-ness or the placement of the sidewalk, but the acutal grass seems to warp down after it, pulling the whole picture into a weird warp and it looks bad. Last, the little...clumpies (on the house siding and the side of the bricks in the garden set off) where you get some extra pixels look bad.

But overall it is a good design that can be easily fixed into some straighter lines that are much more pleasing.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • thanks lornami ^_^

it took a very long time to make it! i see what you mean about the "clumpys"... i'll definetly fix em when i get the chance.

as for the roof as stuff, it is hard to get a comformed angle... hm... i'm not sure how to get it to tilt the right way, and i may have an extra line or two that need to be erased...

as for the lawn... my house is on a slight hill, and the driveway slopes down to the sidewalk, before it becomes flat...although it looks weird, it's funny that it's actually like that!

thanks for the tidbits!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • GP's Art
    >
    GP's Art

i like the new pose, but i need help with the shading. Please pm if you make it better. BUT ASK BEFORE YOU TAKE IT SO I CAN APPROVE!!! Or else it's theft!

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • The New pose is much better then the old pose why not edit the old pose and then animate it with the new and old pose (just an idea!)

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • OMG this looks so much better!!! The darkness of the orange tone really brings out the anger!!! grr!
    GP's Art
    >
    GP's Art

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Please, another color. I don't like the first version for obvious reasons, but dark colors don't look suitable for this sprite. Just make it a bit brighter and get rid of the cut-up shading.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • GP's Art
    >
    GP's Art

i like the new pose, but i need help with the shading. Please pm if you make it better. BUT ASK BEFORE YOU TAKE IT SO I CAN APPROVE!!! Or else it's theft!

Hmmm...so I guess I'm not the only one thats been improving on my shading, and drawings, but anyway this looks great(when are you gonna send the newest ones to me?). The shading just seems like it has not outline to it, but overall It's looking quite good.

JessieB

Pixel Princess
    Years
  • Some of your fakemon are really neat :D I really like the Slowqueen one XD That's awesome.

Keep uo the great work :D

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Ok, i just entered this in the December Pixel Art Contest!
    GP's Art

btw, thanks to all who have been responding! i'm honestly trying to do everything that you suggest...
    ...as for oreod, i like his colors, and am keeping it that was...sorry mobile tsk ^_^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well I thought it was impressive that you'd attempt such a large piece, and I think it's a good effort. The way you've drawn your trees contrasts the animals in the snow so much in terms of shading and such. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing since it allows them to stand out, but it kinda looks awkward.

Back