• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GRADING YOUR CARDS

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2021
    Hi all,
    Just joined and loving the discussions and knowledge.
    I'm unsure of what is best to do and wondering people's opinions.
    I have a full 1999 WOTC base set in really nice condition, as well as 3 packs of 1999 WOTC base packs unopened. I want to get them graded but with the restrictions on PSA and no date in site I don't know what to do. Do I just hang on and join the never ending wait for PSA to open up accepting cards again, or is there any other company that people can recommend for grading?
    Thank you
    Mike

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
    Greetings and welcome to the community! I've moved your thread over to the Trading Card section in hopes that you can find the answers of which you seek, and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavour.

Years
    If you're looking to sell, there's no need to wait for grading unless you bought them in the last couple of years.

The other graders I can think of are also experiencing huge backlogs like PSA has been. Beckett's the other major North American one I am aware of and they only offer their premium grading services at present, which are $125 per card for the Premium package with no sub grades, and $250 per card for their standard premium package.

There is also Sports Card Guaranty which is a lot less well known than either Beckett or PSA and is the only other North American grading service I can find. No idea on their reputability or their turnaround times, but they appear to charge based on the card's value with extra charges for custom casing and shipping: https://www.gosgc.com/card-grading/services-pricing, so their costs may add up quite rapidly.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2021
    Most company's are backed logged but not all. I just got my first edition Blastoise graded, took about 3weeks to get graded. $100 per card.

Back