• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Thank you! ^^ [they all look the same though haaaa~] the shinshi doumei cross ones anyway.

Omigosh Shira-chan, the text on that banner is AMAZING.

+ The text. I love every last thing about the text. Placement. Font. Placement. Size. Placement. Arrangement. I love everything! >D
    + The textures! <333 I love the textures!!
    + The C4D in the background is great! It's the red glowy stuff, yazzumz? :O Do you make your own C4D's, or do you mooch them like me? Because that C4D matches really well! You incorporated it into the banner with such awesome-ness! <3
    + I love what you did with the texture on the render itself, the cutting out here and there.
    + Lighting! I love that red thing-y! Is that a camera flash filter? :O
    + POP-UP EFFECT, FTW.

- The only minus, I think it would've been triple as awesome if you'd slightly slightly textured the text, and made the texture on the stroke-y thing stand out a little more.

Still a solid [10.10] though!

Is it just me, or is the version in your sig sharper then the one in the img tags? o O; Or do I need new contacts? *shot'd*

edit-ching!: AHAHAHA. Smaller icon dump. It's my first try doing any actual graphical alteration to a picture that's not of anime! :O WHUT NAO? That's right. Before, I never even touched the images of real people used in my sets, if it weren't obvious.

Graphic Rating Thread

I used orange -> purple gradient map... a lot. < <;; IT JUST LOOKED SO GOOD THOUGH. X_X; Actually they look pretty good in B&W too, but I couldn't part with the colors. :<

Last edited:

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Thanks for the comment ^^ I still think the C4Ds look off, though :| Maybe I'll try taking some of it off (I have like 6 layers of C4D x_x;; )

The C4Ds are the red-ish thingies in front of the character. I 'borrow' other people's C4Ds xD I don't even know how to make them.

Which red thingy? O_o The red thingy next to the character's head is just a brush stroke with a soft brush.

I was going to add texture to the text... But I was too lazy (plus I made it really late at night).

Har har, I sharpened the banner after I posted it here, so I forgot to change it. So no, you don't need to change your contacts xD

---

Those guys are pretty O_o The avatars are good, too! xD Yeah... They look very awesomes. I don't really have anything bad to say about them. No, really, they look great.

Yeah, the orange > purple gradient map is so awesome... Like, it can completely change the colours of the image, yet make it look very nice at the same time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    Well, I only have one avatar made, it was yesterday when I was bored:

Graphic Rating Thread

It's Victoria Beckham when she had long-ish hair. :3

Tell me what you think of this. Don't be expecting more of these from me.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Got kinda inspired by Vavavoom needing help

Graphic Rating Thread

Basically a few of my other sigs mashed together.
    cC

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Got kinda inspired by Vavavoom needing help

Graphic Rating Thread

Basically a few of my other sigs mashed together.
    cC

That's kinda hard to read.. xD;

undgrscore? underscore? undqrscore?? x_x

I'll edit with more rates sometime later today or tomorrow, for now I must gooo~ </3

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Lol, yea its underscore. Notice the forth an last letter have the same 'image'.

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
    Helvetica: The siggie's pretty kewl, but it's hard to read xD.
    ~ Rate my current signature, anyone?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Ok, this is like my first EVER banner that actually impressed me... For MY skill level...
    Ok, here goes...

Graphic Rating Thread

I know... there's no brushes on it. I liked it this way, so I didn't want to mess it up.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Graphic Rating Thread

Could someone rate this banner please? Tell me a few positives or negatives?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Chikara: Simple is always nice and refreshing sometimes. But imo the a's need to be lined up.
    Rena: Like the bg, but you blended her in too much making it look like she's a painting on the wall. (of sorts). Animation gets annoying though.
    Momo: Type is blurry on banner. Like the first two avatars though :)
    Mizuki: Colours are a bit D: Contrast on focal seems different to the bg. The border doesn't help much either.

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Rate these two please.

Graphic Rating Thread

Yachiru pwns! =O

Graphic Rating Thread

Mokona + Coffee = Completeness

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm going to give you crits, okay? D: So if you don't want to see them, then don't read ahead. Or at least, don't read the -'s.

- The text is rather large, and positioned in an awkward way.
    - The render doesn't take up all that much space in the banner itself.
    - The render doesn't stick out, and actually kinda blends with the pink background. :<
    - I think in some way, a border of SOME sort should've been incorporated. Maybe like, adding white to the edges to fade it out and make it look less 'boxy'.

+ The text stands out, AND matches the background
    + The background is nice, the brushes are light and not to "up-your-face".
    + The sparkle glitter stuff is fun. :3

8/10 - Because all around, it looks nice, there are just some details that could be smoothed out.

I'm too lazy to rate the Mokona one right now. x_x; Apologies. I will say though, that I feel that you blended the render a little too strongly with the background. </3

May I ask for a rating as well? 8D I made this for Marz. <3 BUT, BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HOW PIXELLY THE PICTURE IS... *yes I know. I don't need that pointed out a thousand times. :<*

Graphic Rating Thread

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Hazuki -
    1. It's very preety, and pink. Erm, text looks off, though. Like, I don't think it looks well covering part of her head. The background is very lovely, and all the colours go together nicely. It could use a border, though.

2. The render is very nicely blended into the background. However, the text stands out a bit too much, and I think it could be moved off to the right a bit, since the right side of the banner looks ever-so-slightly empty. Once again, a border would be nice...

Mizuki -
    Is that Lucy from Fairy Tail? O: Very nice... But methinks spatter + sparkle don't look too good together, but that's just my opinion. And I think that a slightly lighter shade of blue would go better with the image. But other than that, I luffles the pop-up ness, and the clipping mask to the left is nicely positioned ^^

Comments pleesh. Tis my first(-ish) manga colouring ^^
    Graphic Rating Thread

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    @Shiranui: homaigawd joo like the clipping mask too? 8D *hurray~* That was like, my favorite part. xD And yes! It is Lucy from Fairy Tail! I saw this render on planetrenders and I was like, "Must use it! >D" And then I decided I like the style it was drawn in and read the manga and I looove it. x3 *Gray! NO PANTZ LOL*

AAAAND HOMGHOMG NATSUUUUUU~!!!

Natsu + Gray = FUNNEH.

I love the way you colored that. Why is everyone better at coloring stuff then I am? ;A; The textures you added onto the picture make it look SO awesome, and I LOVE the way you colored his skin and his hair and everything and I'm so jealous of ur skillz dood. >.<

@Rasengan: OMFG I LOVE THE FOURTH ICON RIGHT THERE! *amazingly hawt* I love the effect on the text as well, even though it makes the text extremely hard to read. :< The Rag and Bone one is amazing as well; AWESOME text. :3

Can't really say the same about the text on the random banner, and the blue seems like too impact-less a color for Sasuke. It's not my favorite, but it's not terrible. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back