• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

graphics apps

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2015
    Hey, what apps would people suggest for creating print graphics? Not drawing or painting or anything like that but more layouts and stuff.. free/cheap would be a great bonus :D

Thanks!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • "Back in my day" when I used to do little graphics stuff like that, I had Photofiltre. Don't know how it is in these days.

Years
  • What exactly do you mean by print graphics? Do you mean to like print posters or fan art?

GIMP is indeed a great free program you could use for either, but at the same time, it's not great when it comes to features such as text.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    GIMP is must-have, but it doesn't have much feature especially where you type the text can be a pain. but it's recommended.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2015
    Thanks for the replies everyone! Gimp seems to be the best choise then, and its free, yey ^_^

What exactly do you mean by print graphics? Do you mean to like print posters or fan art?

GIMP is indeed a great free program you could use for either, but at the same time, it's not great when it comes to features such as text.

I'm doing a couple posters and a flyer, and then I might have to do some artwork for a textile thingy too.. o_O

The posters are not very text heavy, mostly photos/illustrations and a bit of text. The flyers might have more text. And the textile stuff is probably just a small drawing. What program would be better for text then? The print service is https://print24.com/uk/product/zip-up-hoodies/

:)

Back