• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings from Cirdon91

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2019
    Hello! My name is Nate, but you can call me Cirdon91!

My pokémon story begins with good ol' Red and Blue. I owned and played both, and then (of course) the subsequent games up to, and including, FireRed and LeafGreen. I have fond memories of playing these games for hours on end as a kid, and always annoyed my parents because every time they told me it was time to put the game away I would always answer "but i'm in a battle and can't save." For a while, Pokémon was the bane of my parents' existence.

Like many pokéfans, though, I drifted away from the series. I think the biggest moment in this was when I lost my copy of FireRed midway through my playthrough (I had already beaten LefGreen). My childish "I'm never at fault" mind was convinced that my tiny dog ate it, but that's unlikely... we never did find it, though. In any case, that seemed very much the end of the line for me and pokémon. I stopped playing, and eventually my parents convinced me to sell all the games, along with my GBA, in a Yard Sale for about $5 altogether. I knew when Diamond and Pearl came out, but I don't think I could have told you the region was named Sinnoh and I couldn't name even a single starter. Gens 4, 5, and 6 came and went without much - if any - acknowledgement in my life.

But then I found some PokéTubers in Gen 7. I don't know how, but I think a video showed up in my recommended videos list one time. Channels like ManJTV, PokeMen, HDVee, TheAuraGuardian, Dobbs, EmperorCubone, and MysticUmbreon reignited my love for Pokémon. I watched their top 10's, their Let's Play series, all of it. And I loved it. Pretty soon, I pulled the trigger and went out and bought a 3DS and a copy of Alpha Sapphire. Remember, Hoenn had been my last "new" region before I left the franchise, so it was appropriate that I returned with the remakes. Obviously, I then moved on and bought the other Gen 6 games, and all four Gen 7 games. I was hooked again.

So now I'm back, and ready to begin actively engaging with the Pokémon Community. I discovered this site because of Pokémon Gaia (which I'm currently playing through), and I hope I can join in on the Poké-love here!

Sincerely,
    Cirdon91

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
    Years
    • Seen today
    Welcome, Cirdon!

Nothing quite beats the looming nostalgia from our childhood years.

There are a lot of great hacks to play so I'm sure they will keep you occupied for a long time!

Great to have you here and see ya around.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello! My name is Nate, but you can call me Cirdon91!

My pokémon story begins with good ol' Red and Blue. I owned and played both, and then (of course) the subsequent games up to, and including, FireRed and LeafGreen. I have fond memories of playing these games for hours on end as a kid, and always annoyed my parents because every time they told me it was time to put the game away I would always answer "but i'm in a battle and can't save." For a while, Pokémon was the bane of my parents' existence.

Like many pokéfans, though, I drifted away from the series. I think the biggest moment in this was when I lost my copy of FireRed midway through my playthrough (I had already beaten LefGreen). My childish "I'm never at fault" mind was convinced that my tiny dog ate it, but that's unlikely... we never did find it, though. In any case, that seemed very much the end of the line for me and pokémon. I stopped playing, and eventually my parents convinced me to sell all the games, along with my GBA, in a Yard Sale for about $5 altogether. I knew when Diamond and Pearl came out, but I don't think I could have told you the region was named Sinnoh and I couldn't name even a single starter. Gens 4, 5, and 6 came and went without much - if any - acknowledgement in my life.

But then I found some PokéTubers in Gen 7. I don't know how, but I think a video showed up in my recommended videos list one time. Channels like ManJTV, PokeMen, HDVee, TheAuraGuardian, Dobbs, EmperorCubone, and MysticUmbreon reignited my love for Pokémon. I watched their top 10's, their Let's Play series, all of it. And I loved it. Pretty soon, I pulled the trigger and went out and bought a 3DS and a copy of Alpha Sapphire. Remember, Hoenn had been my last "new" region before I left the franchise, so it was appropriate that I returned with the remakes. Obviously, I then moved on and bought the other Gen 6 games, and all four Gen 7 games. I was hooked again.

So now I'm back, and ready to begin actively engaging with the Pokémon Community. I discovered this site because of Pokémon Gaia (which I'm currently playing through), and I hope I can join in on the Poké-love here!

Sincerely,
    Cirdon91

Welcome to PC! This is an awesome place to reignite and keep alight your pokéflame, I hope. It works for me and has for over a decade, at least haha.

Now, Gaia is great, but go back and play Platinum as well, it's one of the best games the franchise has to offer ;D (and I personally really liked Gen 5 as well!)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hiii there! Welcome back to the world of Pokemon! I'm glad you're getting back to the swing of things again, and you're definitely welcome to explore the pokemon boards you see here. I moderate the previous Generations sections myself, so, you're more than welcome to check there out for any of the past generation discussions! Have a great time! Happy day to you!

Back