• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings!

Years
    I am Disgust and I have been a lurker on PokeCommunity for years and years. I finally decided it was time to make an account and socialize.

A little about me:
    I have been an avid player of Pokemon, like many here, since the 1st generation. I don't see that changing anytime soon either! I am an aspiring programmer(in the process of signing up for schooling) and death metal musician. I thoroughly enjoy reading and writing, mostly science fiction, as well as watching comedies. I'm hooked on Workaholics and Archer. In addition, I have been working on a Fire Red hack and hope to release an alpha soon.

I'm looking forward to having great conversations and making new friends here on PC!

Woow, you're quite the diverse person! Awesome to see you have so many interests. :D Welcome to the forum!

I've been playing since the first gen too... time really does fly, right? Do you have a favorite gen or are you an overall big Pokemon fan? I personally adored the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th gens, but the series is super awesome in general. Always so hard to pick, hehe. Aaand are the games your primary interest or do you delve into the anime, manga, cards, or etc every once in a while? Just curious!

Anything hack-related belongs in Emulation and you'll also find a ton of useful resources over there if you take a look. Assuming you found the board already since it's pretty well-known. If you need help with scripting, are looking for tutorials/mods, or just want to ask a question, then make sure to stop by. I'm not as interested in hacks as I used to be but we have tons of people that are all across the forum - won't be hard to find someone to chat with or get help from. I'm always open to chat anytime though, even if I can't help out in that regard, since you seem like a great person. :3

Methinks General Entertainment would be a great place for you to check out though, being a musician, reader, and TV watcher. All of that is covered in that board right there; definitely stop by if you're interested. Can also share your writing with us in the Fan Fiction & Writing board, though, and that's another awesome thing to do here! Up to you though, hope you find plenty of things you're interested in during your time here.

Have a wonderful stay and do message me if you need anything at all!

Years
    Thank you kindly for your prompt welcoming of me.
    I've looked through quite a few of your replies in this section of the forum, often times people neglect how much you actually write in your initial responses, I won't do that.

Time truly does fly, life seems quite transient, faster and faster each day. I would say that I favor the designs of the Pokemon of generations 1-3, but that's likely due to Sugimori actually being the artist. Most of that is likely the older art style that was used as well, much more akin to Akira Toriyama. For example, the gen 2 Donphan art looks much better to me than the gen 4 art. That being said, I do love the advances in gameplay and more diverse surroundings in the newer generations.

I have all the anime up to the DP arcs, but I do find it to be childish and forgetful of itself. I really like the earlier stuff from the TCG, I didn't enjoy the clay-esque/terrible CG art style of much of the initial artwork after Nintendo took over TCG production.

That much I do know, and I did read the header of this part of the forum. I am not trying to recruit anyone on this hack until I get farther into it. The emulation section on here is somewhere I have lurked for a long time, there are a lot of useful tools and tutorials. Why did you lose interest in hacking? I appreciate that greatly. You're obviously a wonderful community member and I hope to be like you one day.

I will definitely take another look at the General Entertainment section, it would be nice to find some like minds that also have an affinity for pokemon! I did write a fan fiction once, but it was terribly dark. hah. Do you write at all?

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Hey there, I write! I'm not really into Pokemon fanfiction as much, but I am writing a My Little Pony fanfiction right now, it just needs some editing & stuff! Welcome aboard. It's a pleasure to meet a new member like you! :)

I think Cirny got you covered on the sections you wanted to see, especially the ROM Hacking section, which is a great place to get started if you want to write or share your works! There's also tools and tutorials to read if you ever get stuck or need something to put in some pizazz on your hack, we have it all right here! Just be sure to read dem rules before jumping in/getting started!

Hopefully you can find all you need here in the forums, and I guess I shall see you around, okay!

Back