• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guinness World Record entry for Movie 11

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • Here.

Pokémon: Giratina & The Bouquet of the Sky - Shaymin now holds the world record for "Greatest advance sales for an animated film". The count: 2,384,198 pre-sale tickets in Japan.

The anime still has some steam in Japan.

If the link doesn't work than please tell me.

Also, if anyone wanted to know. The Pokémon franchise holds three world records. Two of them are anime related [Movie 11 and Seizures] and 1 game related [Ruby version]. None are manga or TCG related.

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Holy Magikarps. Now just imagine if Pokemon showed in theaters in the US.

Well... Let's see what happens with the next movie :O.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • AdvancedK9 said:
    Holy Magikarps. Now just imagine if Pokemon showed in theaters in the US.

With how 'mature' a lot of US citizens are about Pokemon, it would bomb, and anyone going there would be commiting popularity suicide. (That wouldn't kill my popularity, I hang around with the biggest loser in school. I'm almost as popular as him, but this is off topic.) Maybe it isn't like that in some parts, but here it is. And it's stupid.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • I remember the whole seizure thing that happened around ten years ago. That was probably the craziest time in pokemon history.

Back on topic, I bet this won't be the last record pokemon receives. I can easily see them getting a few more records before their time is up......however long that is

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Oh wow, that's really cool. I really wouldn't have expected it

With how 'mature' a lot of US citizens are about Pokemon, it would bomb, and anyone going there would be commiting popularity suicide. (That wouldn't kill my popularity, I hang around with the biggest loser in school. I'm almost as popular as him, but this is off topic.) Maybe it isn't like that in some parts, but here it is. And it's stupid.

Well, you don't have to make a public announcement at school saying that you're going to see a Pokemon movie XD I would go

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • That's very cool!! I think that its a great accomplishment on their part!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Jorah said:
    Well, you don't have to make a public announcement at school saying that you're going to see a Pokemon movie XD I would go

Normally, I would agree with this. However, there are people who pretend to hate it. I know a couple of people like that, so to avoid suspicion, they's leak out the fact that (Insert name here) saw the movie to their friends, then the gossip begins, and the target won't be able to defend itself. Besides, if you're telling your friend about it, someone's going to overhear it and blab about it.

Either way, I'd be doomed, and so would anyone else in school down here.

Years
  • D: Eh, the cool kids can shove it.

Pokemon is still popular and I really hope it doesn't stop. :D I think that the next movie will do good as well.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    Pokemon is rly awesum in my school
    wikiipedia quote
    Pokémon Red and Blue set the precedent for what has become a blockbuster, multi-billion dollar franchise.[36] In Japan, Red, Green, and Blue combined have sold 8.2 million copies, while in the United States, Red and Blue have sold 8.6 million copies.[37] The games entered the Guinness Book of World Records for "Best selling RPG on the Game Boy" and "Best selling RPG of all time" in 2009.[38]
    ANOTHER POKEMON RECORD

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Also, if anyone wanted to know. The Pokémon franchise holds three world records. Two of them are anime related [Movie 11 and Seizures] and 1 game related [Ruby version]. None are manga or TCG related.

Yay, I got a Porygon after watching that episode(like 6 years after it came out)

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Also, if anyone wanted to know. The Pokémon franchise holds three world records. Two of them are anime related [Movie 11 and Seizures] and 1 game related [Ruby version]. None are manga or TCG related.
    :'( Porygon and kin have never been allowed in the Anime since...Accept for that one time, where Porygon was behind a steel FENCE!

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Holy Magikarps. Now just imagine if Pokemon showed in theaters in the US.

Well... Let's see what happens with the next movie :O.

Huh? I distincly remember Pokemon the Movie 2000, the one with Lugia, being in theaters...

But anyway, that's pretty interesting that Pokemon has set three world records. :D

JoltIce

Eeveelutions are FTW
    Years
  • :'( Porygon and kin have never been allowed in the Anime since...Accept for that one time, where Porygon was behind a steel FENCE!

And guess what, the thing that caused the seizures was Pikachu's fault. That is why I hate Pikachu. Porygon is awesome :(

On Topic: Heh, just another one of several records Pokemon has made.

Back