• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guten Tag! Wie geht's?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    How come your usertitle is in Dutch?
    I've been alternating my usertitle's language between a few that I have been studying recently. One of my oldest friends is Dutch but we only speak in English because his experience with it is comparable to what you've said about your own. And even if we tried to speak in Dutch I couldn't, because I'm not at a high enough level yet. Hopefully someday though. ^^

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
    Currently I only know English, but I'm also learning Japanese on my spare time (I thought it might be fun.) I only started about a couple weeks ago, but I'm enjoying myself and and getting more and more interested as I study more (hopefully I stay that way.)

Years
    Only English as a spoken language. I want to be able to speak another one, although at best I'm only at "can read a bit of it" for others. My problem is that I want to learn all the languages I can, so I have a hard time focusing on just one (and usually it ends up being one that's not even the most practical for me, so then I feel bad and stop trying to learn it).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Swedish as first language, English as second. Since I live with an English speaking boyfriend and work at a pretty international place, I honestly speak more English throughout a regular day these days than I speak Swedish.

Somehow I also just recently learned the whole Japanese Hiragana alphabet through duolingo when I tried to encourage my boyfriend to learn Swedish... So ok i guess i'm learning japanese too?

watashi wa swedenjin desu

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    I'm fluent in English and Chinese, rusty with the literacy of Chinese because I don't need to read and write in it as often but it's not terrible. Took French in high school but most of that has left me.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    English and French 100%

At my last job I probably spoke French every day because we had a ton of Francophone clients. Still bitter about the time I was in Quebec City and some dude thought I was DUTCH because I don't sound Quebecois.

Also my dad is from Quebec so I speak it with him regularly enough. I grew up learning both though. Would love to learn Spanish one day.

Back