• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guys and Pokemon

What do you think about guys liking girly-like pokemon?

• No big Deal...

Votes: 54 51.9%
  • It's just weird!

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • It doesn't really matter...

Votes: 43 41.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Yes when it comes to pokemon looking a specific gender, I always try to match that gender. Like a female buneary, a male machop things like that

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Yeah, I used to have Froslass as a favorite Pokemon of mine, and I didn't really care...

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    I'm not gonna lie, when I was making my Dragonite, I was kinda saddened that it was a girl, only because I wanted it to be a reincarnation from this one I had in Yellow named Matt... because my cousin is a jerk and nicknamed everything with his name and I forgot how to change it back >=I ... but still Matt being a girl was like... sketchy for me.
    Then I was like... wait... who cares?
    And went and showed Cynthia's Garchomp that Dragonite is way better >=]

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I honestly agree with all of you...to me it is a matter of preferance, I mean I'm a guy and I like beautifly and delcatty, and for some reason more of my favorites are cute or nice looking...

and it doesn't judge who u r, it's just what u like...so I agree with all of you, especially u my friend, Haza!!!

and Kavin, I try to do the same sometimes (I must admit) that I like to match the gender with what the pokemon kind of looks like! for instance, when I first got a female treecko, I was a little bit sad at the begining...but I got over it!!

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    It doesn't bother me at all, I'll use any Pokémon regardless, look at Blissey it's quite possibly the most over used Pokémon in competitive battles and she is female only.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It doesn't bother me at all, I'll use any Pokémon regardless, look at Blissey it's quite possibly the most over used Pokémon in competitive battles and she is female only.

HEY! u're right about that, and I use Blissey a lot too...lol
    and I can't get over how cute Happiny is either!!!

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Um, no? Clefable is one of my favourite Pokémon and it's pink all over, is it not? I'll always be fond of Jigglypuff because of my childhood memories. Watching Ash falling asleep and then getting marker all over his face was hilarious at five years of age. Skitty is adorable. The evolution is ugly. Milotic reminds me of Dragonite so that's okay.

Yeah, I'm not sexist. Though I find it sort of hard to be when we're talking about Pokémon, but I think you get the idea.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    It doesn't matter at all. Boys can train girly Pokemon, girls can train manly Pokemon...who cares?

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I use feminine pokémon myself. Hell, I even picked the girl option on PMD1 just so I could be a skitty.

But some of my favourite pokémon are feminine.. Like Gardevoir, Blissey, Clefable, Misdreavus.. [and the list goes on.]

bluesonic1

I like this place <3
    Years
  • What do you think of the idea of guys owning, liking and training girly-like pokemon?

I mean do you even care about it, does it even matter, or is it simply just weird?
    For instance, I'm a guy and I like Beautifly and Delcatty...is something wrong with that?

I don't really think about it but its not a big deal. I mean, girls also like guy-like pokemon so I don't see the issue if its the other way around.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 3, 2009
    Yeah, I can't stand double-standards i.e. people who don't mind a girl with a Blastoise but think a guy who likes Jigglypuff is gay. My (male) friend plays Super Smash Bros. Brawl and picks Jigglypuff every time which generates confusion and laughs.

I love that guys and girls can like the same Pokemon: I usually go for big, brutish Pokemon and so does my other half but I know he likes Pikachu and Happiny, and the eeveelutions. That said, personally I think the eeveelutions are graceful rather than cute or beautiful, so they work both ways.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    To be honest there's nothing wrong with it no matter how you think of it.
    If they prefer Delcatty over Salamence then it's their preference, not mine.
    I tend to favor pokemon like Garchomp, Arceus, and Typhlosion but that alone doesn't mean that I can't use Pokemons like Roserade (Which is an awesome pokemon) or Delcatty (Which is a pretty cool pokemon) if I want to.

Again, nothing wrong with it, so no big deal.

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Girlie-coloured? Fine. Some-what girlie-themed? Fine. A girl Pokemon overall? Fine. A Girlie Pokemon with a male gender? Never really figured that one out.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pokemon is a game created for males, so it's logical that they allow Pokemon that each gender would like.

Colour/appearance shouldn't make a difference.

Back