• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Gyarados in Emerald.

Masami

:D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    in emerald, nothing Gyarados learns by itself is much good. Both HP (flying) and Earthquake are TM's.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    You could teach it moves with TMs. Gyarados can be a good physical sweeper witht he right training.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 214 HP / 16 Atk / 180 Def / 100 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Earthquake
    - Taunt
    - Dragon Dance

This is the best gyarados set really...standard.

Puddle Fish

Non-conforming Fishie!
    Years
    My Gyarados Knows the following:

Hyper Beam
    Hydro Pump
    Earthquake
    Rain Dance

I think it works well. When I battle my mates they normally have to put up a good Grass Pokemon to beat me.

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I'm no moveseter but you really need to be careful using Rain Dance on a Gyarados. Electric is 2x as effective on Water and Flying, so you get 4x.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    You're basically Dragon Dancing for nothing, the set is horrible as Cakekun said :\

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    Good sets, crappy sets, you don't want gyra for physical sweeping anyway, and it's no special sweeper under any circumstances. Just get a Milotic. Best non legendary water poke imo. Good luck catching a Feebas.

Last edited:
    Back