• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
  • I hope we don't see anymore, and I doubt we will. It would ruin the game for me, partially.

I think Dento was only revealed b/c he is replacing Brock, if I'm right. And Aloe..hmm, idk. I always thought that she was Iris's mom. So she was revealed because of that.

Brock isn't leaving.

Ever.

I think Dento looks interesting and Aloe looks...

Okay, but Dento looks like he won't have anything interesting personality wise. ._.

He's going to flip his hair at least once.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Well, I think for types we might see Poison, Psycic, Fire, Ground, Flying, Bug, Normal, and Dragon. How I figure: Sinnoh had the first 4 gym types of Kanto (rock, water, electric, grass) and 4-7 of Johto (ghost, fighting, steel, ice); so the remaining types are most likely to have gyms. They could, of course, be different, but this just seems a likely pattern to me.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    If Dento owns the monkey trio, then he must be a mixed gym leader XD, thats good to see a mixed gym other than Gary's in the Pokemon games, maybe some gyms in BW will specialize in a certain genre of Pokemon, in this case monkeys, rather than types?.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Brock isn't leaving.

Ever.

Okay, but Dento looks like he won't have anything interesting personality wise. ._.

Actually serebii said somewhere that brock is leaving the series because he decided to be a pokemon doctor instead of a breeder. I frogot to talk about Aloe. She looks like shes a day-care person or something. The thing I cant figure out from her outfit is what type she specializes in.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    If Dento owns the monkey trio, then he must be a mixed gym leader XD, thats good to see a mixed gym other than Gary's in the Pokemon games, maybe some gyms in BW will specialize in a certain genre of Pokemon, in this case monkeys, rather than types?.
    dento was seen with two other dudes standing behind him.
    One with red and one with blue hair.
    they will most likely have the other monkey's :bandit:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Actually serebii said somewhere that brock is leaving the series because he decided to be a pokemon doctor instead of a breeder. I frogot to talk about Aloe. She looks like shes a day-care person or something. The thing I cant figure out from her outfit is what type she specializes in.

Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Looking at Aloe again, I'd say she looks both tough and strong. Based off of that, I can see her being a rock or ground type Gym Leader. Otherwise, she looks like a chef/cooker so its hard to tell what she is from taking a look at her clothing style. n_n

Well we only have 12 more days to find out everything about the gym leaders and their types, if not before that. Then the rumors and speculations from everyone will be answered.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

• Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Looking at Aloe again, I'd say she looks both tough and strong. Based off of that, I can see her being a rock or ground type Gym Leader. Otherwise, she looks like a chef/cooker so its hard to tell what she is from taking a look at her clothing style. n_n
    Well we only have 12 more days to find out everything about the gym leaders and their types, if not before that. Then the rumors and speculations from everyone will be answered.
    Actually wouldn't it be sooner for those who pre ordered the Japanese versions?
    Also I think she is steel which is tough too.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Brock isn't leaving.

Ever.

Did brock have anything interesting personality wise after the Hoenn saga? ._. ;)

He'll have his trusty comb around whenever needed. It might even blast team rocket off one or two times.
    Aloe looks alright. Personally I'd like to see what she's packin (pokewise) before I make my judgement.

dento was seen with two other dudes standing behind him.
    Dento's brothers?! Like Misty and her annoying sisters? :D

Last edited:

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • dento was seen with two other dudes standing behind him.

Well its basically a fusion of Brock and Misty. He has two brothers that look after the gym when he leaves with Ash.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022

I hate that huge apron that she is wearing. I wonder why would a ground or rock type gym leader wear that? :surprised: Maybe she's mixed, or grass/poison.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I hate that huge apron that she is wearing. I wonder why would a ground or rock type gym leader wear that? :surprised: Maybe she's mixed, or grass/poison.
    Looking at the picture again she looks a little like a gardener. She probably has all those gardening tools under her apron.

crystal286

Awesome Type Trainer
    Years
  • aloe looks like a day care person like someone else said. I think she might have cute pokemon such as
    happiny
    cleffa
    pichu
    azurill
    igglybuff
    She might have cute pokemon like that but she doesn't look like it... Dento is a monkey dude or something. He has a fire, water, and grass. Aloe might not be fire, water, or grass. She won't be a dark type. She just doesn't seem like a dark type to me. I don't have any ideas what she might be because I haven't seen her gym yet. My friend at school might be able to contact the pokemon creators but I can't contact her to contact them. (Was that confusing?) So what type does she REALLY look like? Its hard to tell...

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • aloe looks like a day care person like someone else said. I think she might have cute pokemon such as
    happiny
    cleffa
    pichu
    azurill
    igglybuff
    She might have cute pokemon like that but she doesn't look like it... Dento is a monkey dude or something. He has a fire, water, and grass. Aloe might not be fire, water, or grass. She won't be a dark type. She just doesn't seem like a dark type to me. I don't have any ideas what she might be because I haven't seen her gym yet. My friend at school might be able to contact the pokemon creators but I can't contact her to contact them. (Was that confusing?) So what type does she REALLY look like? Its hard to tell...

this is aloe's gym:

That's where you battle her. The outside just looks like a cafe or small restaurant. I also think she will be fire type, because of a)her vs thing is red b) she's a cook and c)my earlier reasoning on why there will be a fire gym.
    EDIT: On the front of her gym it also looks sorta like a campfire on the top, where a sign would be.

But also, here is dento's gym:

Notice it's just him. So I'm not sure where those other people came from. Maybe they come in after the battle? Or maybe the way you answer the questions makes a determination?

Last edited:

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I don't have any specific thoughts I want to realy about the Gym Leaders at this hour, but I hope, perhaps in vain, that the Gym Leaders of Isshu (which I expect to be called Ishoh in English regions) will be more involved with the storyline of the games, much like they are in the Manga, although perohas not quite to that extent. I just feel that, as powerful figures within the region, they should be more involved with its fate should any problems arise, something that I feel is lacking in previous generations.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    this is aloe's gym:
    Spoiler:

That's where you battle her. The outside just looks like a cafe or small restaurant. I also think she will be fire type, because of a)her vs thing is red b) she's a cook and c)my earlier reasoning on why there will be a fire gym.
    EDIT: On the front of her gym it also looks sorta like a campfire on the top, where a sign would be.

Spoiler:

Notice it's just him. So I'm not sure where those other people came from. Maybe they come in after the battle? Or maybe the way you answer the questions makes a determination?
    wait, what gym is Aloe? 2nd? That would be the earliest that we've ever had a fire gym.

Looking at the picture again she looks a little like a gardener. She probably has all those gardening tools under her apron.
    Gardening tools, rocks, or even a hihidaruma :D
    If she's a cook then maybe she just has a big belly.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • this is aloe's gym:

I don't think she is fire, her badge doesn't look like a flame or anythng fire related...

The Red Chain

Suspicious.. if you look behind Dento there are three panels all the same size. One is right behind Dento, and two other panels are behind where the other two guys were in the most recent B&W preview trailer. Maybe whatever answers you make right/wrong in the quiz in his gym will decide whether you battle just Dento, him and another guy, or all three of them. The panels are probably where they come out from.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Really late actually XD;
    It's still weird never the less. Has there been a trio of Pokemon that weren't legendaries before?
    I can't seem to recall any.

But yay for sea monkey! ^O^
    I want to see the two new monkeys from the fronttt. ;~;

Dento having all three monkeys seems weird.. but him having brothers to have the other two monkeys would be awesome. <3

Well if you think about it, the first three Eeveelutions were a trio. Then later down the road, we had Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Hitmontop that became a trio. Of course, all these guys had a pre-evolution... but who's to say these new Monkeys don't have a pre-evo as well? For all we know, they may be the new Eevee-type, elemental-evolution Pokemon. :o

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • This is all just speculation but it seems highly likely. You know how in Dento's gym, you have to step on the panel that is super-effective against the type on the door? It probably leads to a trainer that uses that type. Or maybe the type that you used to answer. I don't know, it's just a theory, but I think it would be neat.

Back