• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    I'm glad gym leader battles are getting harder this generation. But I guess it's expected since even normal battles are harder.

Aloe's gym battle was especially tough, if you don't have a strong fighting type or if you don't grind and your pokemon levels are lower than hers, you can get your ass kicked! She keeps spamming Retaliation/Get Even.

Heck! One of her trainers in her gym who uses a lvl 18 Haderia is tough to beat if you don't use X Defend/ don't use a fighting type.

I'm loving it as I'm finally using a proportionate amount of healing, status and battle items in BW.

The good thing about BW gym leader fights is your pokemon can still be a couple levels below the gym leader's pokemon without having half your team wiped out if you play your cards right. No more mindless, excessive grinding!:D

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    Gimme a list of names and I'll edit them into the poll.
    /was thinking of doing that earlier lol

It's not exactly fair now, considering most people have already voted... *points to Dento*. Plus, Podda and Koon aren't there, either. Is there any way to delete the current poll and reinstate a new one?

Years
    It's not exactly fair now, considering most people have already voted... *points to Dento*. Plus, Podda and Koon aren't there, either. Is there any way to delete the current poll and reinstate a new one?

Staff should be able to edit/delete an existing poll, no problem.

The only Gym leader I really like would be the electric gym leader girl. Why, you ask? Denchura. :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Podda and Koon? /only added the ones Kaori said
    ...I could reset the count to zero but it would still show the voters, so yeah. D:

Afaik, we can't start all over.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Podda and Koon? /only added the ones Kaori said
    ...I could reset the count to zero but it would still show the voters, so yeah. D:

Afaik, we can't start all over.
    Ah that sucks...it's going to be hard to see who is the most famous among them...
    Anyways my favorite gym leader is Iris so far :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Kay, I just decided to reset the votes. Dento/P/K are on 0, along with Aloe. If you've voted for them before, you'll need to do so again.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Kay, I just decided to reset the votes. Dento/P/K are on 0, along with Aloe. If you've voted for them before, you'll need to do so again.
    Uh it doesn't let us do it again it says "already voted on this poll" :(
    Well my vote goes to Iris I don't know why but I just like her maybe it's that wild hair :P

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Lovely that it will most likely be changed. I noticed someone suggested Snowflake and if it does change, I do want Snowflake for it. :D;

I mentioned Snowflake, but is very unlikely due to the shaping of the badge. It may be called Ice Badge if the name changes, as I cant think of anything it may look like that hasn't already been used.

I think I like Iris the most. I will wait until the game comes out though before I am completely sure.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I haven't even voted but it says I already voted...
    Either way, I like Furou for some reason XD. I also like Kamitsure, the electric gym leader, sorry.

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I like Iris the best :) She is just so cool, for some reason. I want to like the flying lady better, but no....

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Uh it doesn't let us do it again it says "already voted on this poll" :(
    Well my vote goes to Iris I don't know why but I just like her maybe it's that wild hair :P

...oh really? Damn, I don't know what to blame here and I don't really want to go get an admin to fix it. XD; Oh well, I somewhat fixed it? I haven't voted, but I shall do so, probably for Iris, cause I like her and... yeah idk.

/knows nothing of other gym leaders besides pre-release ones

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I LOVE Fuuro's gym. It was by far my favourite one. XD I haven't been in anything further though lol. :c

But yeah, my favourite Gym Leaders are Fuuro and Kamitsure.

Spoiler:

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    Gym leader 1-7 review:
    Dento
    Spoiler:

Aloe
    Spoiler:

Arty
    Spoiler:

Kamitsure