• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Actually I'm kinda helping aswell, all I can say is all the mountains have been changed to get a bagon and others and the little trap in Snowce city gym has also fixed right now,I'll check on your little bugs in a flash and at least try to fix them.

Thanks coppy :DD

Btw, I found another bug. On a city (I'll check which one) there's a tree out of place on the poke center, and on dardusk woods, in the end, if you go close to the right you'll see the sprites are glitched

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
This is really disappointing, so Ash: you were commenting about atempting a bug-free version. Well, you have all my support for it, cause there are alot of minor bugs to be fixed and, if taken slowly, they aren't that hard to fix
Okay, I'll check on it... but with my luck I presume that those bugs aren't gonna occur to me xD

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Regarding repeating events... After I encountered my first screwed up event, I tried as hard as I could to break any event I came across, and fixed everything I could break. If you guys are finding events that aren't working properly, they're ones that worked for me no matter what I did in my playthrough. You can blame me for not having Lauren betatested, if you like, but that would have delayed the release by quite a bit, and that's no fun. ;)

That said, Ash, my guess is there's something up with the Lauren Hall of Fame script. I remember seeing a few weird things when I was running around grabbing legendaries. I fixed a few, but I was just in a hurry to get the game done at that point. But, short of just reflagging every SINGLE event, that's where I'd look. :P

(Also, I'm no longer getting inundated with PMs and VMs, and this thread seems to be policing itself! Yay!)

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2011
Im finding that ALOT of events for example gym fights and celebi event, if you save before the battle and turn the game off, then when you turn it back on, you still are where you saved, but the way you got in is blocked because the events that happened somehow reset. I got trapped after the trees came back and locked me at celebi, so that ruined the game for me at that point because i was stuck, cant fly in that area or anything. I also got stuck in the lightning gym in zhery when the battle didnt go my way and i restarted and then found out i was now stuck in the gym.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
hi^^ i downloaded the game yesterday from another link because the ips didnt work with my ruby it came a white screen on vba and on nogba it crashed... now i have a few questions... why do we get the jotho starters? in some vids on youtube they got the kanto starters and where can i get all starters from all the regions or is it impossible? cause on youtube i saw how to get mudkip (spanish version with english patch i think) its in the city where u get cut but i cant enter in this building where the exp share and mudkip are and now i have 3 badges.

another question... is it normally that the map is like the hoenn map? cause when i go to the pokemon center and i click on the map i see the hoenn map but left in the bottom there is route 411 for example and other stuff but the rest is like hoenn and the map isnt like in the screenshots.

greetz

Last edited:

leews24

ha
Years
hi^^ i downloaded the game yesterday from another link because the ips didnt work with my ruby it came a white screen on vba and on nogba it crashed... now i have a few questions... why do we get the jotho starters? in some vids on youtube they got the kanto starters and where can i get all starters from all the regions or is it impossible? cause on youtube i saw how to get mudkip (spanish version with english patch i think) its in the city where u get cut but i cant enter in this building where the exp share and mudkip are and now i have 3 badges.

another question... is it normally that the map is like the hoenn map? cause when i go to the pokemon center and i click on the map i see the hoenn map but left in the bottom there is route 411 for example and other stuff but the rest is like hoenn and the map isnt like in the screenshots.

greetz

I'm sorry, you have the BETA version.
For the final eng version, visit WesleyFG's site(first post) or my site(check the ig) and you can get it in ips OR gba file. Plus installation instructions are available all over the thread, and the white screen issue has been covered several times.

In the final version, the map is fixed, the starters are Kanto. Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova starters are all obtainable in the rest of the game, PM or VM me if you would like to know where.

Again, this is a warning:
SEARCH before asking. It is the only to prevent same posts that come up again and again. The button is not a decoration.

The Game looks awesome, but is it stable? and yeah i dont want trainers with legendaty pokemon, i really hate them.:/

Good question, Although trainers are strong, they do not have legendaries:)
There are a few glitches, but it's pretty stable:)

Im finding that ALOT of events for example gym fights and celebi event, if you save before the battle and turn the game off, then when you turn it back on, you still are where you saved, but the way you got in is blocked because the events that happened somehow reset.

For now you'll have to just use the wlakthorugh-walls code.
The glitch is being fixed, so please be patient and hopefully it'll be done in no time.

And about the repeat bugs, I have a rom and sav that I can give to dev, and the rom has most of it's events blocked up: for example, I cannot enter Dragonite without the Walkthrough Walls cheat.
If anyone needs it or other hlep to investigate the problem, I'm willing to help!:)

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
That said, Ash, my guess is there's something up with the Lauren Hall of Fame script. I remember seeing a few weird things when I was running around grabbing legendaries. I fixed a few, but I was just in a hurry to get the game done at that point. But, short of just reflagging every SINGLE event, that's where I'd look. :P
Okay, that's what I'm gonna do =) Thanks for it =)

Years
Guys Does anyone know where to buy honey? I know that it is in Inhore city somewhere but I have no Idea where (even in the bee hive place where there is a counter, there is no one there) It's not in the mart either.

Oh I get you have to trigger that event first with the woman on the bridge duhhhh

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2018
Ok this is my problem
1st i need 2 as your pacient for bad english
2nd this is my problem
I went into flamenery city were is the vulcano after the sky Tower, i did evrything fight the doctor and all and i saved. in front of the cave. so i enter...i did everything the gym blablabla.....and then i went up from the other city from the sky tower(dont know the name) and i found a lendary pokemon from the new genreation and i acdentinally kill him. so i close the game and open again, and i had a bug were i saved the man was in front of the Volcano i go up to the sky tower another man was in front and i cant found find the doctor in anny place...Should i restard my game ?? or i need 2 do something else???
PLEASE HELPE MEEEEEE
3ºsorry for long post

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2018

Eh...? o.O If you are implying that this hack has bad grammar then you should check you own...
I am saying i have bad english

Eh...? o.O If you are implying that this hack has bad grammar then you should check you own...
and btw bro one frend of mine had the same bug. u need 2 fix it....its when you pass the famevellc city and when u reset the game the dudes on(volcano cave/sky tower) apear again

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
Hi
I cant play this game on my phone. When it starts I see only white screen. I havent this problem with pokemon fire red or emerald. So could somebody upload version warking on my phone?

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Hi
I cant play this game on my phone. When it starts I see only white screen. I havent this problem with pokemon fire red or emerald. So could somebody upload version warking on my phone?

If the emulator on your phone has the option to the 128k flash thing than you can. If not, it's impossible

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I have beaten Zhery and Lauren league and I have got the ticket from Ash. Where do I go now?

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2011
so is there anyone can help me on fixing mt draken no pokemon glitch?
I read the post and used advance map to fix the encounter rate (10%) and behavior tile (to 08) but still no change were made after I play the game (using both save state and save file)

I realized that even if I changed different tile on the ground (like change sand to grass tile), and save at a-map, when I play game no changed was made, so can anyone help me on that? I really want bagon and gible to complete my dragon team.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2011
Is it possible to get _all_ 649 pokemon? As far as it looks like, I can only get one of each generations starter pokemon and they are nowhere in the wild. So it is impossible to complete the pokedex in this game?

Chainster

Captain Jäger of Ominous Blac
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2014
when i try to play it on vba it is just a white screen. can anyone help me?

Back