• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • shinies

heh, got an interesting conundrum. Found a shiny seadra(barely saw the sparkles or I would've missed it) and caught it, though you can't tell it's shiny other than in the pc/stats because of the lack of shiny pallets.

Update: Just caught ho-oh and now suddenly poke'rus

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    How do i remove the arragon in Flamerny City to get to the gym? and do you remove the obstacles that are blocking your way in the luaren island

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2019
    This is probably one of the best hacks I've ever played.
    (I like gliding on pokemon)

Years
  • How do i remove the arragon in Flamerny City to get to the gym? and do you remove the obstacles that are blocking your way in the luaren island

You have to find the Gym leader inside the cave north of that place and give 1 super potion to one of the Aron in there and then you could challenge him inside the Gym itself...

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    This looks very good :) - I got it to work on VBA fine. However on gpSP it says the file is not a gba file... btw gpSP is a gba emulator for PSP. What do I do to get it to work?

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    So, the final version is out?
    I'm having trouble with playing this game at all, because when i download the .ips file and patch my ruby .gba file it just doesn't work. Does anyone have a link for the .gba download, latest version in English?

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    completing the pokedex

hi. i did search on the thread but still i couldnt find any answers. is it possible to complete the pokedex? since the game do not allow trading, how can i get all the 15 different starters in the game? thanks in advance

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    heh, got an interesting conundrum. Found a shiny seadra(barely saw the sparkles or I would've missed it) and caught it, though you can't tell it's shiny other than in the pc/stats because of the lack of shiny pallets.

...You too, eh? That Seadra's one of the only shinies I've ever caught.

Years
  • Where can I catch an Aerodactyl? Or is that even possible?
    Thanks in advance

I don't think you catch it, but there's a way of getting it. You have to find a fossil and then revive it. It don't remember what fossil and which town you do this at, though.

Come to think of it, I think it is in the first Lauren city where there's a Gym. Sorry to be vague, but this game is so long --which is a good thing don't get me wrong-- it's difficult to remember all names and locations.

Hope this helps

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2013
    I guess I need your help guys.. this hack sounds very good in my ears, so I want to check it out myself.. so I downloaded the .isp and a clear ruby-ROM.. tried to patch it with Lunar ISP and some other tools.. but couldn't get the ROM working for me..

I switched my VBA to Flash 128K, but I still just get a white screen when starting the game..

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. I already patched a few ROMs and they are all working for me.. can someone please help me ? I want to play this hack really bad!

somebody ? It would be really nice, if you could help me out..

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    No amulet coin - Why

I forgot to get the amulet coin when I started and am past the 7th badge... the only problem is the guy in central city says "think you can find a use for this" and he is supposed to hand over the amulet coin but does not.

Is this a glitch? or was I supposed to the the amulet coin when I first reached the city?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I forgot to get the amulet coin when I started and am past the 7th badge... the only problem is the guy in central city says "think you can find a use for this" and he is supposed to hand over the amulet coin but does not.

Is this a glitch? or was I supposed to the the amulet coin when I first reached the city?
    Yeah... probably the flag Wesley used also is set somewhere else so the game presumes that you already obtained the item.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2012
    Its download link for beta 1 2 or 3...??
    oh yeah,, this game graphik is awesome,, maping or other,,
    if you make some fake pokemon with new fake move,, i think its will more interesthink... hmm, i need last latest version,, hehe cause i ilke this game,, ;)

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't think you catch it, but there's a way of getting it. You have to find a fossil and then revive it. It don't remember what fossil and which town you do this at, though.

Come to think of it, I think it is in the first Lauren city where there's a Gym. Sorry to be vague, but this game is so long --which is a good thing don't get me wrong-- it's difficult to remember all names and locations.

Hope this helps

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Vartag

Shadow Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2012
    Hi,
    i have a big problem, I searched on the net and didn't find the answer, I obtained the lauren's sixth badge and i go on the road 510, when i ask my aggron to use dig on the hole, it says "Can't use that here"
    it's about 2 days i try to solve the problem, so please help!

Years
  • Hi,
    i have a big problem, I searched on the net and didn't find the answer, I obtained the lauren's sixth badge and i go on the road 510, when i ask my aggron to use dig on the hole, it says "Can't use that here"
    it's about 2 days i try to solve the problem, so please help!

Press the A button just beside the hole, not standing on it. :)

Camulus

Trainer
    Years
  • Hello Community,

Please Help me:
    when I patch it with ips win(newest version) , then I had started the patched Ruby version with Visual Boy Advance emulator.
    But the Game does not starts, there was a white screen, what can i do ?

Thanks for coming Posts ;)

Last edited:
    Back