• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi, this is a really great hack so far! Just one thing, I seem to be stuck on Moro Island, no doors let me through. Can anyone help me out?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • but I wouldn't expect a Pokedex or encounter modifier cheat to work properly.

Hmm OK i'll try if they work someday. Althought like with Rangi's hack, i will use the cheat to catch ONLY Eeveelution team, so don't worry

Wait did i read it correctly? Maybe they COULD work afterall ^^

Update

Yeah the Flareon cheat works, now i wonder if it doesn't break my game if i catch it, nope it works fine

Update2

Hmm that's strange i found an wild Wooper, i thought it was removed? Hmm🤔

Update3

Hmm i found an wild Wingull and battled an Wailmer but Wooper is still present? Huh?

Last edited:
    Years
  • What's the current status on this hack? Have been waiting for years to play it, but I usually wait for a hack to reach "complete" status before playing.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • unfortunate but makes sense. Hope things get better.

It's not as bad as it sounds, I still have work and actually got promoted but I'm always sitting working from home so when I am not working I need to be active and not sitting at a desk to keep myself healthy, which is taking away time for me to do my hobbies like rom hacking and gaming. I've become a bit of a work-a-holic but as I said in may the pay is really good and I'm an adult who has to pay adult bills these days.

Orange has been an important project to me and I want it done as much as you guys, so I appreciate all the support over the years and I want you all to know I would never cancel a project this close to completion unless I absolutely had to.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I at first feared you had caught it but good to hear otherwise. I'm lucky in my case my bosses are truly honest and good people and actually pay attention to things like this, so thanks to their work no one I know from work has gotten sick from covid either meaning less chance of me getting sick in the end. Also helps I only work weekends.

Luna

Protector of Zig Lagoon
    Years
  • Take all the time you need Pia. I definitely know how it goes with real life getting in the way of rom hacking. And congrats on the promotion!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen May 2, 2022
    Hiya!

I've been loving this so far. This might be the most fun I had with a Pokémon ROM hack I had. I also really love your commitment to finishing this. It's definitely worth the wait.
    I also understand why this project is on hiatus right now. I'm not here to bother you by asking for updates or whatever. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything about the current build, the HOTY Edition.

I just got the 3rd badge and used HM Rock Smash to make my way to Cleopatra Island but I'm just greeted with an invisible wall above that unnamed island. Is that the way it's supposed to be for now?
    I just wanna make sure that's not a bug, but instead just where that build ends.

Thank you for making this and all the best to you. Stay safe and happy holidays.

- Matt

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2021
    Is the latest version the one that stops on Kumquat Island?

Also I somehow only got 2 badges at this point and I think I avoided the 2nd one by accident.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen May 2, 2022
    You made it to Kumquat Island? I couldn't even get to Cleopatra Island because of an invisible wall. Now I'm confused.

- Matt

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • If you are stuck before Cleopatra, that is the "official" latest release. Building it off github will get you to Kumquat, but I'm assuming someone is hosting the hack somewhere not endorsed by me if that's out there.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen May 2, 2022
    If you are stuck before Cleopatra, that is the "official" latest release. Building it off github will get you to Kumquat, but I'm assuming someone is hosting the hack somewhere not endorsed by me if that's out there.

Thank you very much for clearing that up!

- Matt

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Happy to say I've started dev again. Taking it slow but I'm committed to getting Kumquat and Victory Road finished so the entire map is explorable.

ojRaWBO.png
    vFn0biJ.png
    eKffLwO.png

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • I have not played any hack except the ones which are based on Firered, Ruby and Emerald but I would love to give this one a whirl when it finally comes out. Looking forward for its final version release mate!
    Good luck with the project..

Back