• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2024
    So excited to try the new sections when possible

Are there plans for the Fire, Ice and Lightning islands from the second movie to be part of the post-game? and if so with the legendary birds (and Lugia) be catchable?

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2021
    I second the movie 2000 event. That would be the perfect postgame!

But the game already looks awesome, I'll play it regardless.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • So excited to try the new sections when possible

Are there plans for the Fire, Ice and Lightning islands from the second movie to be part of the post-game? and if so with the legendary birds (and Lugia) be catchable?

Yes, even on the world map from the 2017 beta you can see Shamouti, Fire, Ice and Lightning Island. There is an intricate event there that will play out very differently from the iterations seen in Polished Crystal and Red++

You can basically consider Main Game Orange to be in-line with Red++ and Polished Crystal but the postgame is noncanon in that regard.

I second the movie 2000 event. That would be the perfect postgame!

But the game already looks awesome, I'll play it regardless.

The event in Orange will be a lot closer to the movie as well, although there is some original writing for sure, Lawrence III will be a bit more involved than he was in the movie.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • EDIT: I've had a lot of volunteers, a lot more than I expected so I will be deleting this post in a couple days. Thanks to everyone for your interest!

Last edited:

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • The Orange Crew is looking fresh (Still WIP)
    [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

Going off feedback from a few people, a lot of adjustments were made and a lot of typos were pointed out to me, so there's been a lot of updates in the last couple of days.
    Thanks to whoever tipped me off that the Discord link was dead, here is an updated one: https://discord.gg/cdrH3qBJnn (We recently hit 1000 members :D)

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2022
    I love this beta a lot! Im really enjoying playing it, but unfourtunately im stuck after navel island :( i got the second badge, and now i dont know what to do, can someone please help? i need strength, rock smash and whirpool

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    How much content is playable currently? My internet is spotty atm so can page surf / search. Ive become addicted to GEN 2 projects and this one looks super interesting! Glad its still alive and progress is still being made thanks @PiraCRT.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I've been following this hack for several years on both discord and here on pokecommunity and I just want to say, this game is absolutely amazing. Thank you for creating such a wonderful hack!

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    Are the TMs actually reusable? Because my Bubblebeam TM vanished after I used it once.

Everything else so far is great, though! I'm getting a lot of nostalgia vibes from playing this.

3/17/21 Update: I just ran into a game breaking bug; I just reached Moro Island and I cannot enter any building. When my character reaches the doorway of each building, they are forcibly turned around in the opposite direction. This isn't just the normal buildings; I can't access the Pokemon Center or the gateway to the next route, making the rest of the game inaccessible. If it helps, I also can't interact with the signs/trainer tips board in the town either.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Keep up the great work!
    Just one suggestion: Use the elemental monkeys as starters. That way you don't have to use the Kanto or Johto starters, and in my opinion it seems like a new region with new and (somewhat) official starters ;)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    No on the starter change suggestion I prefer usig the kanto starters since with Charizard as my fly user I save a team slot lol

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    I generally prefer not using the Kanto starters because I feel they're overused. Everyone's got their own preferences, and thats fine. Case in point, I ditched my starter as soon as I'd caught another pokemon.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I understand the issue you raised perfectly but I think Pia chose the starters because the orange islands being relatively close to Kanto according to the anime that kind of makes it vital to keep the kanto starters for canonical reasons

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Hello, do you think I can start this romhack and keep my save file if there is an update later this year? :)
    thanks

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hello, do you think I can start this romhack and keep my save file if there is an update later this year? :)
    thanks

If you can navigate the Github page, you will find the playtest beat of Orange which goes up to the champion fight. Personally, I feel it's better you wait till the bug fixed version is out.

Back