• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
Years
  • This hack is discontinued due to its code base being too old for further updates. The game is being re imagined in a new engine being made from the ground up (its still a Crystal Hack). Be on the look out for Pokemon Orange: Island Walker for further updates!

Fkx5t6u.png

Pokémon Orange

Hack of Crystal Version (U)

By Pia Carrot

Intro:

Welcome to the world of Pokémon!

Rpvtt0M.png

Pokémon Orange is a Crystal hack by Pia Carrot/Kuroko Aizawa. The aim of this hack is not only to create a great Orange Islands hack, but also to give me experience to work on Ancient Platinum and raise it to an even higher standard.

I started hacking 8 years ago after playing Pokémon Naranja on a cartridge, and since then I've always wanted to see a good Orange Islands hack completed. However, it's never happened to this extent, so I've decided to take matters into my own hands.

Story:

You are a kid from Valencia Island who wants to become a Pokémon Master, after hearing about a kid the same age named Red defeating the Indigo League 6 months ago. You set out on a journey to deliver the mysterious GS Ball to the esteemed Samson Oak, who is visiting the Orange Islands from the Alola region and to take on the Orange Crew! Play as Indigo or Orange, explore, fight goofy villains and walk into a fresh and nostalgic world to learn more about the wonderful world of Pokémon and to Catch 'em All!

Features:

9hVNtmv.png

dsGgxBO.gif
    The entire Orange Archipelago!*

dsGgxBO.gif
    OI and Alolan Variants, and the Crystal Onix

dsGgxBO.gif
    Pinkan Berries that work!

dsGgxBO.gif
    Anime-based story in Gamefreak format

dsGgxBO.gif
    20th Movie inspired Ho-oh/Marshadow event

dsGgxBO.gif
    Dive and Rock Climb

dsGgxBO.gif
    Clock Reset NPC for flashcarts

dsGgxBO.gif
    Shiny Charm and Exp. All

dsGgxBO.gif
    New cries

dsGgxBO.gif
    Reuseable TMs

dsGgxBO.gif
    Gen 7 Base Stats

dsGgxBO.gif
    Updated Learnsets

dsGgxBO.gif
    ...And much, much more!

*An island with Giant Pokémon was left out

Screenshots:

Outdated:
    Spoiler:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Awards:

zmul7um.png

Downloads:

i8Lle7y.png

Please do not report bugs from the HotY Nominee Edition. They have been fixed or are being fixed for the next release. You can build the latest version here: https://github.com/PiaCarrot/pokeorange

Suloku Bugfixed Patch

Bugs (We hate these!):

Bug Bite effect is not implemented yet

Form split still has some bugs to be worked out

Credits and Thanks:

Bloodless
    dsGgxBO.gif

Bronzeswagger
    dsGgxBO.gif

BynineB
    dsGgxBO.gif

coraldev
    dsGgxBO.gif

Doc
    dsGgxBO.gif

EeVeeEe1999
    dsGgxBO.gif

FIQ
    dsGgxBO.gif

Froggestspirit
    dsGgxBO.gif

Gmerc
    dsGgxBO.gif

i0brendan
    dsGgxBO.gif

Jaagup
    dsGgxBO.gif

JustinNuggets
    dsGgxBO.gif

Kalarie
    dsGgxBO.gif

Koolboyman
    dsGgxBO.gif

Kreestanala
    dsGgxBO.gif

Lakeofdance
    dsGgxBO.gif

Lepragon
    dsGgxBO.gif

Luckytyphlosion
    dsGgxBO.gif

Luna
    dsGgxBO.gif

MakoReactor
    dsGgxBO.gif

MayoRaptor
    dsGgxBO.gif

Metalflygon08
    dsGgxBO.gif

Mmmmm
    dsGgxBO.gif

MonstaRules
    dsGgxBO.gif

morganwalkup
    dsGgxBO.gif

Mystelex
    dsGgxBO.gif

Neslug
    dsGgxBO.gif

Nuukiie
    dsGgxBO.gif

Patrickackerman
    dsGgxBO.gif

Pum
    dsGgxBO.gif

Rangi
    dsGgxBO.gif

Regen
    dsGgxBO.gif

ShantyTown
    dsGgxBO.gif

SirWhibbles/JaceDeane
    dsGgxBO.gif

SoupPotato
    dsGgxBO.gif

SteppoBlazer
    dsGgxBO.gif

Sukiyami
    dsGgxBO.gif

TriteHexagon
    dsGgxBO.gif

triumph
    dsGgxBO.gif

CSS by PEDRO13, Clacla and Pia Carrot

Last edited:
    Years
  • So you have finally created your own thread of Pokemon Orange that's great, also i have​ already tried that demo and it's​ perfect just like actual core series, looks like we can say this as official Gen1.5 game!
    So best of luck in your upcoming beta...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Pretty good; Only wrong things were Wingull's sprite that looked like a messed up Sentret and a bug catcher walked into water to come and battle me. Said bug catcher also gave me his number after the battle despite the lack of a pokegear.

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Nice concept with some solid exeggcute-tion thus far. Tiles are very well done and look like they were meant to be in gen 2 all along (the rse water specifically). The Alolan Varients are a nice touch (not like every hack is gonna be adding them or anything). Definitely a hack to watch even if its an anime based idea for the most part(like including not-Brock). 7.8/10 too much water.

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Nice. Will this follow the Orange Islands anime or is this its own thing?

Also hey, first real post in two years.

Years
    • Online now
    Nice. Will this follow the Orange Islands anime or is this its own thing?

It will kinda do that as it's a mid-quel between RBY & GSC. It will have Tracey as your rival and also Brock & Misty will make an appearance at some point.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Nice. Will this follow the Orange Islands anime or is this its own thing?

It loosely follows the anime but this is not an anime hack like Ash Gray. It's meant to be more like the core games such as RBY and GSC.

You can expect characters like Brock, Misty, Tracey, Nurse Joy, Team Rocket and Lorelei to name a few to make appearances like they did in the anime, but their roles may not be the same (for example, Brock being Ivy's assistant is not a thing in Orange, but he is heavily involved with the Crystal Onix event).

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • CBKQqt2.png
    7ziiLjM.png
    Xyb0FFa.png
    mRDxbup.png

My friend asked me to release something before Beta 1 since he felt the alpha didn't really showcase what this was all about. I agree, so I've decided I'll be posting Alpha 2 once Mikan Island is finished.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Update 1-21-17
    Zi80tgN.png

New Town Map interface. Resembles gen 1 but the main reason for this is just simply because of how huge the Orange Islands are, there's not even space for Towns and ground routes.

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    It will kinda do that as it's a mid-quel between RBY & GSC. It will have Tracey as your rival and also Brock & Misty will make an appearance at some point.

It loosely follows the anime but this is not an anime hack like Ash Gray. It's meant to be more like the core games such as RBY and GSC.

You can expect characters like Brock, Misty, Tracey, Nurse Joy, Team Rocket and Lorelei to name a few to make appearances like they did in the anime, but their roles may not be the same (for example, Brock being Ivy's assistant is not a thing in Orange, but he is heavily involved with the Crystal Onix event).
    Oh, I see. tyvm, can't wait to play the full game since we've never really had a good Orange Islands hack (other than Naranja but that was never finished) :P

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Update 1-21-17
    Zi80tgN.png

New Town Map interface. Resembles gen 1 but the main reason for this is just simply because of how huge the Orange Islands are, there's not even space for Towns and ground routes.

Very nice! A few suggestions:

• Mark at least the Gyms and League with the "town/city" icon
    • Add the other three possible sharp corner tiles, besides bottom-left (just for variety)
    • Make some of the mountainous islands brown
    • Different route corners

GETOUrk.png

IIRC, you might include southern Kanto, right? Using RBY's map as a basis would be neat:

Kes2IWn.png

(Of course, you can safely expand gfx/misc/town_map.2bpp.lz since you don't have Pok?gear and don't need space in VRAM for its graphics.)

Last edited:

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Very nice! A few suggestions:

• Mark at least the Gyms and League with the "town/city" icon
    • Add the other three possible sharp corner tiles, besides bottom-left (just for variety)
    • Make some of the mountainous islands brown
    • Different route corners

GETOUrk.png

IIRC, you might include southern Kanto, right? Using RBY's map as a basis would be neat:

Kes2IWn.png

(Of course, you can safely expand gfx/misc/town_map.2bpp.lz since you don't have Pok?gear and don't need space in VRAM for its graphics.)

gJC6n57.png
    dheOmhH.png

This is what I have so far. How would I change the color of the tiles like what you did for the Town icons and such?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    This is what I have so far. How would I change the color of the tiles like what you did for the Town icons and such?

Oh, that's a better idea for Kanto's layout. No wasted space. (If Cinnabar Island is the small one you're on in that screenshot, what are the others?)

Edit engine/pokegear.asm:TownMapPals. It uses a "townmappals" macro to assign palette IDs 0 to 7 to the tiles of gfx/misc/town_map.2bpp.lz. And to change the colors, you edit engine/color.asm:MalePokegearPals and FemalePokegearPals. Also, the part of engine/pokegear.asm:Pokegear_LoadGFX that loads PokegearGFX is no longer necessary.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Found out about this in another section a few days ago I feel like...Anyhow, I want to wish you luck on this Pia! I am excited to see where this one goes :)

Thanks, it was in the Launchpad until we had enough content for Progressing Hacks.

Back