• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

Years
  • can't wait to play this!! i might just finish at the champion fight though, since the post-game isn't finished??

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2022
    Is there somewhere I can find help with this game? I didn't manage to find Fly or Waterfall.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • We are making one more attempt at fixing forms for the time being, but at this point the engine has reached critical errors due to age; it is at the point I can no longer add new graphics due to python being outdated.

With that said should it be fixed I will release one last update for orange on the current engine, but as of right now we are full speed on working on a new, much more powerful engine that was originally purposed for Ancient Platinum.

[Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

The basis of this new engine is on Pokecrystal 16, but it also aims to add all moves and abilities up to generation IV, PSS Split, gen 3/4 data structure and evolution methods, plus a bunch more. When the engine is a bit more fleshed out it will also be posted publicly for others to use.

The engine is called Ancient Engine, and will be used for several other projects such as Pokemon Delta by MonstaRules and Ancient Emerald by Bloodless.

For now the new Orange will be referred to as Island Walker, as that is the project codename we are using to differentiate :)

Also, there is a new developer for Orange GBA, as Mystelex has abandoned Pokemon hacking at this time. You may know them as the developer of Firered/Leafgreen DX, which is still their main project, but happy to be working with ShinyDragonHunter on the GBA Port of my hack!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    What's the difference between the PSS and No-PSS Patches? (Sorry if the answer is obvious)

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Does this work with Pokemon - Crystal Version (UE) (V1.1) [C][!]?

Or is it (U) or V1.0 specific?

super fan de pokemon

Pokemon palmero
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    We are making one more attempt at fixing forms for the time being, but at this point the engine has reached critical errors due to age; it is at the point I can no longer add new graphics due to python being outdated.

With that said should it be fixed I will release one last update for orange on the current engine, but as of right now we are full speed on working on a new, much more powerful engine that was originally purposed for Ancient Platinum.

The basis of this new engine is on Pokecrystal 16, but it also aims to add all moves and abilities up to generation IV, PSS Split, gen 3/4 data structure and evolution methods, plus a bunch more. When the engine is a bit more fleshed out it will also be posted publicly for others to use.

The engine is called Ancient Engine, and will be used for several other projects such as Pokemon Delta by MonstaRules and Ancient Emerald by Bloodless.

For now the new Orange will be referred to as Island Walker, as that is the project codename we are using to differentiate :)

Also, there is a new developer for Orange GBA, as Mystelex has abandoned Pokemon hacking at this time. You may know them as the developer of Firered/Leafgreen DX, which is still their main project, but happy to be working with ShinyDragonHunter on the GBA Port of my hack!

One question will you continue working in orange to see the pos Game of Kanto that you thought to do

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • One question will you continue working in orange to see the pos Game of Kanto that you thought to do

Yes, but it will be on the new engine, because I can't even edit tilesets any more due to the critical errors I mentioned.

EDIT: To explain, Kanto is largely unfinished and most of the maps currently in are mere tests for what I want to do with it graphically. The tilesets need a lot of work and as it is it will look quite rough.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Just wanted to say - I loooove the classic Sugimori-styled art in the OP. Such a great touch!!

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Just an update on forms. They are nearly completely fixed, Move Reminder is giving us some trouble and TMs still need to be fixed for form Pokemon, but other than that it's almost ready to go under extensive testing.

I have lowered a lot of lategame trainer levels to reduce EXP inflation, the Lucky Egg is also removed from Chansey's wild items and the NPC who gives it to you will now only give it to you once Drake is defeated.

Ice Stones inversely are almost guaranteed to be found on Alolan Vulpix and Sandshrew in the wild, so you can evolve them whenever you feel ready to.

I expect these changes to make the gym leaders and rival fights a bit harder. Again, as testing commences I can adjust them as needed but on average the trainers from cleopatra through victory road have been lowered about 6 levels.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Cool game! Keep up the great work:

I only have some questions/suggestions:

1. Can the starters be the elemental monkeys (Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour)?
    I think that would be great, because since they are also fire-water-grass, you can have "official pokémon game starters" without repeating the other official games ;)

2. What is the mechanic for pokémon that only evolve through trading?
    My suggestion is that you can somewhat create a script for using a "evolution trading machine" (you put the pokémon in the machine, and then it automatically evolves). Therefore, you can be as closest as possible to the official pokémon games regarding this rule and without making any external trades.

3. Don't you intend to put the anime trials before battling the gym leaders, like in the anime?
    I think that would be awesome :)

4. Do you intend to also put the decolore islands in your game?
    My opinion is that this is an optional suggestion, it's just that since they don't appear in any pokémon official games...

Thank you so much for your work!
    My dream is to play a close-as-official pokémon game, with the Orange lslands archipelago :)
    You're the best! ;)

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Cool game! Keep up the great work:

I only have some questions/suggestions:

1. Can the starters be the elemental monkeys (Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour)?
    I think that would be great, because since they are also fire-water-grass, you can have "official pokémon game starters" without repeating the other official games ;)

2. What is the mechanic for pokémon that only evolve through trading?
    My suggestion is that you can somewhat create a script for using a "evolution trading machine" (you put the pokémon in the machine, and then it automatically evolves). Therefore, you can be as closest as possible to the official pokémon games regarding this rule and without making any external trades.

3. Don't you intend to put the anime trials before battling the gym leaders, like in the anime?
    I think that would be awesome :)

4. Do you intend to also put the decolore islands in your game?
    My opinion is that this is an optional suggestion, it's just that since they don't appear in any pokémon official games...

Thank you so much for your work!
    My dream is to play a close-as-official pokémon game, with the Orange lslands archipelago :)
    You're the best! ;)

1. no, but i will be adding alternative starters for those that dont want the Red/Blue trio

2. Link Cable item like PLA

3. No, this is meant to be an adaptation to feel like a gamefreak-made pokemon game

4. No, there are enough islands as-is

Thanks for the feedback.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Still working on fixing forms completely. There are currently issues in the PSS patch we are looking into but it's mostly done. Hoping to have a release by end of year for this version of Orange before moving on to Island Walker.

Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hi, dumb question, hopefully not one that gets asked a lot but I couldn't find any info on this - why is Squirtle's back sprite showing up as Poliwhirl for me? Hoping I didn't install it wrong.

Back