• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Tutorials: Trainer Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2008
Yeah i have just one question...Where do you get the trainer pictures? I don't see any pictures of trainers. Do i have to like dump them in or something? and I can only edit the attacks of gym leader pokemon.

can you tell me whats wrong?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I hope I'm not a bother.

May I ask what are the following? I mean what does 0x001 and 0x00 mean in a trainer script? Example:

trainerbattle 0x001 0x00 $anotherone $what

Gerri Shin

  
Years
i'm kinda lost. heres my situation- i'm trying to add a few new trainers to a map in a FR hack i'm doing, and i've already created the trainers in PET and put them into the rom. I can't seem to find out how to find their offset numbers or how to properly script them into the map. i can easily copy a trainer from elsewhere in the game, but i cant quite figure out how to create new ones. if anyone can help me out or is willing to help me create the actual script for them i'd be most appreciative.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
i'm kinda lost. heres my situation- i'm trying to add a few new trainers to a map in a FR hack i'm doing, and i've already created the trainers in PET and put them into the rom. I can't seem to find out how to find their offset numbers or how to properly script them into the map. i can easily copy a trainer from elsewhere in the game, but i cant quite figure out how to create new ones. if anyone can help me out or is willing to help me create the actual script for them i'd be most appreciative.

there's a sample script in the tutorial, and their id can be found next to their name.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
ok so i have the whole thing scripted, but i'm still kinda lost (i'm very new at this)
but In the folder where the .rbc file was there will now be a file with a .buf extention. Open it with a double click.
The file will open in a program called bufrite.
i looked up Irish witch's tutorial and i think that i got rubikon to compile it, but i don't have the .buf document in the folder or the program called bufrite. what i should do now or where do i get the stuff to make this right?

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2010
Is another image dumper I could use besides RSball? I can't get it to dump my FireRed ROM (I assume that's because they're incompatible?)

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Is another image dumper I could use besides RSball? I can't get it to dump my FireRed ROM (I assume that's because they're incompatible?)

You're supposed to install it. But BEWARE:The elite map package will sometimes carry trojans that will mess up your computer.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2010
You're supposed to install it. But BEWARE:The elite map package will sometimes carry trojans that will mess up your computer.

When I run the program I get:

"pokeroms.ini not found. Download it from helmetedrodent.kickassgamers. com/pokemon

Using built-in Ruby (US) data..."

Sorry, I'm just trying to start hacking, so forgive me if there's something obvious I'm missing.

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2007
How do I find the image of my character for firered? The one after you select boy or girl?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 22, 2011
When I open PET and try to click on the arrows that change the pics of trainers and
pokemon, a messeage pops up saying "runtime error 76 Path not found pics/trainer-001.bmp" and then the program closes.
Am I doing something or is it the progam?

EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited:

flameboy8106

an uchiha legend
Years
help

i need help when i open up the ruby rom and try to make a new trainer class i write the class and i press enter but after i do that it says runtime error subscript out of range someone plz help me!

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
Years
  • Age 32
  • o3o
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014
Alrighty, people are asking, but nobody's answering.

When I run the program I get:

"pokeroms.ini not found. Download it from helmetedrodent.kickassgamers. com/pokemon

Using built-in Ruby (US) data..."

Sorry, I'm just trying to start hacking, so forgive me if there's something obvious I'm missing.

Go to the EliteMap website and download EliteMap. It comes with the ini file.
As well, why don't the pokemon display for FireRed version instead of glitchy words?

Anyways, a simple question: what is the code for the Deoxys music in FireRed? I want to use it instead of the current music.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
Years
  • Age 32
  • o3o
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014
Does this tutorial work with Fire Red?
Yeah, it does. You just cannot use the 'text only' mode, as it displays weird looking words. As well, be sure to dump the GFX bank of FireRed.

i need help when i open up the ruby rom and try to make a new trainer class i write the class and i press enter but after i do that it says runtime error subscript out of range someone plz help me!
Is the class name over 12 characters (including spaces) long?

If not that, reinstall EliteMap and try using PET then.

How do I find the image of my character for firered? The one after you select boy or girl?
one word: unlzGBA (hope I spelt that right)

Still can't edit fire red gym trainers
Alright, when you play through the game, the ORIGINAL, UNEDITED game, (which you SHOULD be doing while hacking trainers) write down the trainer's name. then, go to 'Find Trainer...' (make sure you have the first trainer selected) and type in the trainer's name. It will take you right to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back