• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hah, you flinched!

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Does anyone else hate it when someone swings at you, you move back or bat your eyes, and then they ridicule you for being scared? I mean, it's a natural reaction to try to move when you think you're about to be hit. If you DON'T flinch then there's something wrong with you. Right?

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    They're just fishing for any excuse to make themselves seem tougher than you in the eyes of their peers. It's a flawed tactic because, as you said, it's a natural reflex reaction and there would need to be some kind of malfunction that would cause you to not react.

Sadly some will fall for it or play along even knowing fine well it isn't a measure of toughness. Herd mentality will do that.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    If I flinch I use Extremespeed to finish them off. :D

In all seriousness though, if you don't flinch I think you're a zombie. Its a normal thing for our body to react like that. Its like a built-in thing in our body.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I flinch at the slightest of things, like when someone unexpectedly steps towards me or if my bedroom door opens without any indication of anyone being behind it. Hilarity always ensues but I don't mind; nobody abuses my flinch for bad reasons.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't hate it as much as I've been purely bewildered at why they think it's a weakness on my part or strength on theirs.
    It's funny if they misjudge their distance from me and actually land a hit; well done there, now who's the moron. I'm not sure if anyone actually has done this, but at least the thought is amusing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I don't flinch at all for some reason. Its not really a reaction for me. If some swings at me I don't flinch I just swing back o.o

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Flinching is indeed a natural reaction but I can get rid of my bodies reactions 80% of the time xD.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I flinch sometimes when people pull that type of thing on me.

Although, sometimes I can also just glare at them, and manage not to flinch. xD;

Renege

C arry T he F lame
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    It's like, "Of course I flinched, you almost hit me in my FACE!"

I try not flinching, it doesn't work, I still flinch each and every time. Even if I know they're gonna do it. Then, I jump on top of them and.....

Years
  • I flinch mostly and especially when someone hits me 'there.' I try to even block it. :c
    But I flinch mostly from any punch.

Maydevoir

Years
  • Yep, it's a natural reaction. I don't see why people have to be all "LOL YOU FLINCHED" about it. I mean, what else did the other person expect you to do?

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • I flinch at almost anything also..

Usually nobody notices.

That's a good thing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I hate when people do that. Some people just lack some common sense, in my opinion. Usually when people do that to me, I do it back, but I actually hit them and mock them by saying "Hah, you flinched!" back. Not the most mature way to handle it, but certainly a nice way to make some fun out of the situation.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I cannot even remember the last time this even happened to me.

But it's annoyed me since day one so I don't' do it to others and may very well hit someone if they attempt it. >:|

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • It's just that they're being immature by doing that. :/

Hasn't happened to me in a while. I just ignore them. May very well beat them but those idiotic morons are (ultimately) my friends. Thus, I spare them.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • In all honestly, I'm usually the one swinging. Though I just grin when the person flinches. I don't usually ridicule them. On the occasion I'm the one flinching, I usually swing back. Whether or not I connect depends on how pissed of he made me.

Back