• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hallo!

Vanner

Fly High☆
Years
  • Hi guys :)

So I'm Vanner and I've been lurking PC for a few years now. I never bothered to make an account until now. It seems like a friendly community here, so I hope that I can manage to make a couple of friends (I'm not very good at making friends on forums > < ) .

My first Pokemon game was Red version, but my favorite generation is the third generation :p I'm quite excited for the English release of Black/White 2. I hope I can manage to stay away from the spoilers D: I'm also an active reader of the Pokemon Special/Adventures manga :D

I'm from the United States, but I spent the last year in Germany as an exchange student :) I wonder if there are any other active members from Germany here?
    My hobbies are writing, reading, and cosplaying. ^^

I'm a bit shy, so sometimes I get too nervous to post things.. But I hope that I can contribute to PC! :D See you all around!!

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • Wow, Germany? The closest I've lived is Ireland for 4 years... did you learn German? And don't worry about being shy; I am a little reserved myself, but I don't think I've ever really been judged or anything dumb like that here. If you need anything, lots of people can help, including myself :)

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • Welcome to the PokeCommunity! I'm Cosmotone, a regular in the Trivia sections and some other spots. I wasn't very social at first around here, but as time went on I got more comfortable and thus more social. :) Hopefully you can do the same. Contact me or the mods if you need help, hope to see you around. :D

Years
  • Hi Vanner, I'm Hikari.

So, how are you enjoying this massive community? Are there any sections you want to see?

And, how's your life in Germany doing? I'm so curious!

If you get lost, shout me a VM or contact the mods. VM = Visitor Message.

I hope to see you around!

- Hikari10

Vanner

Fly High☆
    Years
  • Ah, thanks for the greetings :D

Yeah, I've learned German here. :) It's hard to believe because on my first day in Germany, I didn't know a single word!! Now, I understand almost everything (but it's difficult to understand older texts, like the German equivalent to Shakespeare) and I speak well enough for everyone to understand (even if I make grammar mistakes sometimes, haha). :) The grammar is difficult, but the vocabulary is easy to learn. As in, when I'm reading and I come across a word I never learned, I can usually figure out its meaning pretty quickly because it's either similar to the English word, I can break the word down (many German words are just smaller words mashed together xD) or I'll use the context to find the meaning. So I don't use my dictionary much anymore ;)

My life in Germany is absolutely amazing! This has been a life-changing experience!! But I have to return home by the end of July because my visa runs out. I'm a bit nervous to return to American high school o_O I don't want to go home!! D:

And I have to say that before I went to Germany, I wasn't expecting things to be so different! ^^; When I got here, I was in complete culture shock for a few weeks. All of the little things add up! For example, most people eat with both a fork/spoon and knife for every meal. I mean, in the USA most people eat very casually with just a fork or something. I thought it was sort of funny xD

I'm happy that these forums are so active! But I hope that I don't get overwhelmed by the amount of users.. I think I'll be wandering about all the sections of the forums, since it's so big! I can see myself hanging about the Pokemon General and the Culture/Media sections the most, though. :)

Back