• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Halo or Gears of War?

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    I say, why choose 2 great games when you can have both.
    Though, Halo has been lagging a bit in quality. (What am I saying GoW 2 ain't even out yet.)

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Halo, all the way! I remember when i first started playing Halo: Combat Evolved.. *sigh*, good times! I really don't like Gears of War, i tried it, but it just doesn't suit me.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Their both great games overall, but I would have to side with Halo just because my dad took me out of school and we went on a marathon and beat both of the Halos (this is when there was only Halo 1 and 2. Was still great fun).

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I dunno, they're both pretty bad. Halo I guess because the AI isn't absolutely crap.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    I suppose it's not fair to compare the two when I've only played Halo... but honestly, while games like Call of Duty and Battlefield do nothing but frustrate me, Halo has made me enjoy online shooters all over again. That should really speak for itself. :D

and cod4's worst game ever r0fL

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Actually I've played about 600 hours of COD4. Probably why I'm over it. :) And aside from that I've invested a lot of time in BF1942, BF2, and BF: Bad Company, all of which I'm over too.

My point being Halo's nice because it's a good change from the gritty, realistic shooters we're being force fed today. You can't really hop into another game and get a different perspective, but pretty much identical gameplay. It's nice!

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Halo <3 I've been playing Halo since the first game came out, and I love them. I'll agree that they don't deserve the hype of being the best game ever and stuff, but they are pretty awesome. Gears of War is really fun too, but I didn't like the story line/controls as much as Halo.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    I cannot stand Gears of War. It just doesn't feel right. There is NO need for that much blood in a game.

Halo has always been my favorite game and always will be. Seeing as everyone is debating over COD4, I will put in my opinion about that as well.

COD4 is fun, on occasion. It really just isn't a game I can play more than 2 rounds of a day. Its just.. boring to me.

They are all great games though. (Excluding GoW).

Back