• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Happily Never After [GAME OVER]

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Yeah, I'm just gonna out. Remember Cindy's party? Well, Cindy invited me, Nimsy, and Nina. Both me and Nina got wishes during the party, and to be honest, it wasn't a waste. We used both wishes to know the true role of two people, and just in case one of us dies during the night, which Nina did, we also added in a note that all four of us would know the roles of those people. After the party, we asked everyone to out. Gio claimed the wrong role, and was snuffed out. And of course that leaves you jd. We four, know for a fact that you are not Rapunzel, therefore you are Maleficent.

Sorry jd. You ain't lying to any of us.

Just incase things go south, Rapunzel, I know who you are, protect Mulan. You know who that is. Mulan, you know what to do.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    lycan was quite obviously belle; or at least, omi v certainly wasnt! at least a few people picked that up for sure. that claim dont hold up i don't think
    That's why I said it was a bad read on my part. It came down to Omicron or Lycanthropy, and unfortunately I misread Omicron's suspicion against Golgari as him softing Belle. Lycan hasn't really posted much so it was harder to read him. Sorry Lycan :(.

So, here's another question for you then. If you believe Bard is Rapunzel, then do you think he would have misread it the same way? Especially given his interaction with Omicron yesterday, posting that he had figured out who Omicron was.

The thing, jd, is why did you say Bard's roleclaim was interesting and asked Nimsy if she could verify it before she died? Why not cc on the spot? It just makes you look very bad.
    Given that Nimsy said I was a baddie and she said she knew what Bard's role was, she obviously had been fed some misinformation, and RRing there would likely have gotten me lynched. I was afraid that Maleficent had tailored me somehow as her secret ability. As it got later in the day I was planning on hard claiming because I seemed to be safe from the lynch, but Charlie posted the Night phase before I could confirm Gunner's question.
    anyone can claim anything lbr. also considering the fact that snow white still has dwarves with mystery powers running around, who can say that a baddie couldn't have gotten silenced/blocked?
    "anyone can claim anything"? No, not the case. I was the only person silenced D3, and no one cc'd me getting roleblocked 2 nights ago.
    Whoever Snow White is (if it's not Omicron...), did you target me on N3 or N4? Because if not, this logic doesn't work.

And I'm still waiting to hear about the attempted assassination I saw in the phase post. Anybody know what happened there?

Edit: ninja'd
    Yeah, I'm just gonna out. Remember Cindy's party? Well, Cindy invited me, Nimsy, and Nina. Both me and Nina got wishes during the party, and to be honest, it wasn't a waste. We used both wishes to know the true role of two people, and just in case one of us dies during the night, which Nina did, we also added in a note that all four of us would know the roles of those people. After the party, we asked everyone to out. Gio claimed the wrong role, and was snuffed out. And of course that leaves you jd. We four, know for a fact that you are not Rapunzel, therefore you are Maleficent.

Sorry jd. You ain't lying to any of us.

Just incase things go south, Rapunzel, I know who you are, protect Mulan. You know who that is. Mulan, you know what to do.
    Well, who was the second person? Me? And what role did you get? Because if you got me as Maleficent, then you should have lynched me instead of Gio. Why didn't you?

And if "things go south", which they currently are, three of us are dying today, including me. If Bard can control who gets taken down with me, then Anna and Omicron are probably gonna go.

Also, there's no need to speak in roles, everyone is known at this point. And there's no hammer in this game, this day phase better last for 48 hours, or I'm calling BS on CB the GM, since we can change our votes.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Just bc Bard knows who Omi is does not actually mean he knew who Belle was. It's essentially the same as what you claim- figured someone else was Belle- or even, chose to protect someone he thought was more useful at this point in the game. Mulan, perhaps? Or potentially Snow?

Honestly, a silence can be mimicked v easily, and a roleblock can also be claimed. Someone else could have been roleblocked-- what night did you say you were blocked on? N4/last night? edit: found it; you claimed a roleblock on n3. However, Abby hasn't spoken since then- and Abby was roleblocked N2, which worked out well for maf, didn't it?

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Just bc Bard knows who Omi is does not actually mean he knew who Belle was. It's essentially the same as what you claim- figured someone else was Belle- or even, chose to protect someone he thought was more useful at this point in the game. Mulan, perhaps? Or potentially Snow?

Honestly, a silence can be mimicked v easily, and a roleblock can also be claimed. Someone else could have been roleblocked-- what night did you say you were blocked on? N4/last night? edit: found it; you claimed a roleblock on n3. However, Abby hasn't spoken since then- and Abby was roleblocked N2, which worked out well for maf, didn't it?
    First of all, all the roles had been revealed or heavily hinted at already except for Omicron and Lycan - obviously Omicron hinted more heavily than I thought, but bygones. There was no reason to protect anyone except the cop since I asked them to investigate me, and Abby (aka Mulan) was not targetable last night, since she was "missing" - I asked CB. Otherwise I would have protected her instead of Omicron, since I knew who she was for sure.

Mimicking silence is doable, sure, but I was lurking that whole day and immediately starting posting in the night party. I was the only person to not post that day.

And yeah, it's also a possibility that someone else was roleblocked, but no one cc'd my claim that I was roleblocked. You can believe that Abby was role-blocked again, but it's just as likely that I was roleblocked.

I'd like to hear more from Gunner on the wish she made, and who the other person they chose was.

Salzorrah

Years
    Well, who was the second person? Me? And what role did you get? Because if you got me as Maleficent, then you should have lynched me instead of Gio. Why didn't you?

Why would I tell you who we checked, huh? That would be stupid on my part. Besides, we agreed to lynch Gio, because he claimed a role that someone we checked had, and since you decided to play the stubborn card, we waited for you to officially role claim. Of course, you also claimed another role that someone we also checked had. So yeah, pretty sure you are Maleficent at this point.

And if "things go south", which they currently are, three of us are dying today, including me. If Bard can control who gets taken down with me, then Anna and Omicron are probably gonna go.

Correction, it is going south... for you. Not us.

Also, there's no need to speak in roles, everyone is known at this point. And there's no hammer in this game, this day phase better last for 48 hours, or I'm calling BS on CB the GM, since we can change our votes.

Hah, I'm pretty sure no one would be changing votes.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Why would I tell you who we checked, huh? That would be stupid on my part. Besides, we agreed to lynch Gio, because he claimed a role that someone we checked had, and since you decided to play the stubborn card, we waited for you to officially role claim. Of course, you also claimed another role that someone we also checked had. So yeah, pretty sure you are Maleficent at this point.
    Well, consider this. If I'm right and Bard is Maleficent, then the role check wouldn't work on him. Since he's obviously the one you checked.
    Correction, it is going south... for you. Not us.
    Hah, I'm pretty sure no one would be changing votes.

Alright, instead of relying solely on your role check, which doesn't work on Maleficent, how about you consider ALL the evidence and claims so far?

Here are some questions I'd like you to answer:

No one else has claimed to be cursed last night, like I was. Since the only other person who could reasonably claim this information is Bard (since either he or I are Maleficent), why would he say this:
    This quote, however, worries me. We better be ready for some world-class shenanigans.
    Why wouldn't he simply say "I was cursed last night" and explain what it was, like I did?

And, this is my ultimate defense here, since I just found out that I have been cleared by the Day 3 phase post. I can't believe I didn't see this earlier.

No one else was silenced on D3, which is when the phase post mentions this little tidbit:
    And for the first time, the deepest powers of one of the Villains were used to wreak havoc on one of the Princesses.
    The only Villain this could reference is Ursula, since the other villains that were still alive had used their NAs at least once by this time - Cruella (Golgari) roleblocked Abby N2, and Kaneki (Evil Queen) had investigated Abby prior to that as well. And "deepest power" would not refer to Maleficent, since she "fired off her most powerful spell" last night.

So, I'm a Princess. Suck it, Bard.

[Kill] Bardothren

Salzorrah

Years
    Okay first off, we wished the TRUE role, meaning we would be getting the real roles of the people we checked out. If that didn't happen, I will personally slap CB myself, since both of us asked for the TRUE roles.

I'm pretty sure we had our bases covered and our role checks were legit.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Okay first off, we wished the TRUE role, meaning we would be getting the real roles of the people we checked out. If that didn't happen, I will personally slap CB myself, since both of us asked for the TRUE roles.

I'm pretty sure we had our bases covered and our role checks were legit.
    You can ask for "true" roles all you want. It's the same role check power as Belle, which means Maleficent can avoid it. Either way, it's a legit possibility that has to be considered. Not to mention the truth in this case.

And I see you ignored the rest of my post. Nice.
    I protected Abby last night, despite her disappearance. I believed she'd be Maleficent's target due to her killing ability, and sadly, Abby didn't get to use it.
    This is full of crap. Abby wasn't targetable last night, I asked CB and he said I couldn't protect her. Malificent was not the one who disappeared Abby, CB was, since she had become inactive.
    Alright, now to answer jd's claims.

"Most powerful" implies multiple spells. Perhaps Maleficent had another spell up her sleeve as part of her ability, hmm? Also, that part says deepest powers, again implying multiple abilities. One to make Abby disappear (perhaps negating her ability for the night) seems like the most likely candidate. Although, I confess I was not alone in thinking Ursula silenced someone for the first time... perhaps she never used her power and instead we misinterpreted the power used, and jd faked a silence to take advantage of that? That's my logic right now.

Oh, and also, I wasn't "cursed", as you claim. Well, not to my knowledge anyways. Don't tell me you did something to me.

The rest of your argument is weak. Everyone, read the line from the D3 phase post again:
    And for the first time, the deepest powers of one of the Villains were used to wreak havoc on one of the Princesses.
    No one said anything about "havoc" affecting them during D3. Why? Because I was the one one was targeted and silenced that day, wreaking havoc on me.

Don't fall for Bard's plan, guys. If you do, shame on you. If you want to win today, lynch Bard. Otherwise two more of us will not survive this day.

Salzorrah

Years
    Also note that one of the player's we've investigated were Rapunzel. If what you say is true that Maleficent can infact evade role checks, why Rapunzel of all roles?

Sorry jd, I'm not buying your story.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    I will admit you've made a commendable effort on your part, far better than I ever would.
    Oh boy. Of course it's commendable, since it's the truth. Thanks for the non-compliment.
    You've brought up a lot of possibilities and 'evidence' that I am Maleficent, but you still haven't given a satisfactory answer to my first question. Presuming that you are Rapunzel, you should've outed right away. The reason you didn't is because you didn't want to get pegged as Maleficent and lynched, and so, you let Gio take the fall for you yesterday. Another reason you didn't claim Rapunzel is because you wanted to make sure Lycan didn't have an investigation on you that said otherwise. That would've been pretty damning if you said "I'm Rapunzel!" and Lycan was like "uh, that's not what my report said, lol."
    I explained why I didn't out right away - I was afraid I had been tailored somehow. Later on it became obvious that was not the case, and I was softing all day anyway. It's not like I was saying nothing about my role. Maybe you're right. Maybe I should have claimed right away. However, I don't think it would have mattered. You would have steered the lynch to Gio anyway, since lynching me would have exposed you as Maleficent. You can state my bad play here as a scum indicator all want, but it doesn't mean the rest of my evidence is bad, and bad play =/= scum.
    I didn't know Lycan was Belle; I thought it might've been Syn because Belle didn't out during the Lycan-Kaneki debate, when it would've made sense for Lycan to out. But whatevs.
    lol "Syn". Not sure who you meant there, but like I said, everyone had basically claimed instead of Lycan, making him Belle by elimination. I just made a mistake by not following up on Omicron's post about looking at the phase post where Golgari was mentioned, otherwise Lycan would have survived last night. That statement is a lie. You knew who Lycan was, that's why you killed him.
    I think the evidence speaks for itself.
    What evidence? Your point up above? That's not evidence, that's your opinion about my play. The role check that Gunner has? Not conclusive either. You have no direct evidence that I'm scum, because I'm not.
    How are you sure that the wish works the same way as Belle's investigation?
    Doesn't it make sense that role checks are the same no matter where they come from? What's the point of having a Godfather mafia role otherwise?
    Also note that one of the player's we've investigated were Rapunzel. If what you say is true that Maleficent can infact evade role checks, why Rapunzel of all roles?

Sorry jd, I'm not buying your story.
    First, it is a fact that Maleficent is a Godfather role (appears innocent on cop reports). That's not in dispute. You just think you were able to get around that with the word "true".

Anyway, to answer your question, when you are the mafia, you know exactly who is targeted for killing at night. Since no one has been saved in this game (though not for lack of trying, grr Golgari), all Bard has to do is claim that he protected other people instead, and there is no way to dispute it.

Anyway, can you guys please address all my points - specifically my point about the D3 phase post and me being silenced, and the fact that no one else has claimed to be targeted by Maleficent's spell last night? Relying on a role check when the last mafia can evade it is not the right way to finish this debate.

Here's another point for everyone to consider as an addendum to my claim about being the target of Maleficent's curse last night.
    From this day phase post:
    Maleficent still remained alive and prepared to claim victory.
    With 6 innocents left, how do you think a single mafia can win, considering that Bard will be the lynch tomorrow? I have claimed that the curse I am under will take down 2 other people if I die today. That will leave 3 innocents left going into the night phase. Bard will kill someone again, since no one can stop him, and all he needs to do is kill one more to win. Either he has a gun (death spell, whatever), or he will convert someone, or he will be able to avoid the lynch tomorrow. Because there is no other way he can win. This is the end of the game right now, and what you do today will determine it.

I'd like to hear from everyone else in this game too. Make your own reads on the situation, and don't just sheep along. Victory is at hand today, if you make the right decision.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    Two things.

Desi is silenced, lol.

Wreaking havoc part. I redirected Golgari's NA that night and it wasn't towards you. I don't think it could be re-redirected, so that settles it for me now.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Two things.

Desi is silenced, lol.

Wreaking havoc part. I redirected Golgari's NA that night and it wasn't towards you. I don't think it could be re-redirected, so that settles it for me now.

[KILL] jdthebud
    Did you silence Desi?

And Golgari was the roleblocker, not the silencer. That was Gio. You have your NAs mixed up. So, what you do you actually think about my points?

Salzorrah

Years
    But the problem with your story is that we asked for their TRUE ROLE, aka I got their ROLE not their ALIGNMENT. Those are two different things. We've been VERY specific with our wishing, thats why I am CONFIDENT this is true. I s2g if this ends up false, I'm gonna salt so hard at CB.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    But the problem with your story is that we asked for their TRUE ROLE, aka I got their ROLE not their ALIGNMENT. Those are two different things. We've been VERY specific with our wishing, thats why I am CONFIDENT this is true. I s2g if this ends up false, I'm gonna salt so hard at CB.
    Please, stop depending on unreliable reports. When I referred to Maleficent as a Godfather, it was a generalization - Maleficent is a powered up version that dodges role checks as well. Don't be salty, Charlie says in the OP that:
    Maleficent will always be able to conceal her identity on Belle's reports.
    Since Belle's reports reveal the ROLE as well, there lies the possibility that Maleficent can hide her ROLE no matter if you tried get around it. As I said earlier, what's the point of Maleficent having that ability if it's so easy to circumvent?

All I'm asking is for you to look at and respond to the points I've raised, rather than stick to a narrow mindset of "I said it, therefore it's true".

What can it hurt to look at all the points I've raised and think them through? It's necessary when there is a mafia role that can dodge role checks, to look at ALL the evidence, not just the parts you WANT to be true.

Salzorrah

Years
    Sure, Maleficent can always conceal her identity on Belle's reports, but can she conceal her identity on a wish made by another person? I'm pretty sure she wouldn't...

Checkmate.

Back