• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Happiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So everyone knows the basics on happiness, basically you keep battling and giving your Pokemon happiness inducing items like vitamins. But it says so long as your Pokemon participates in a battle they will gain happiness. If I have a Pokemon in my party holding Exp. Share, but they do not appear in the battle, will they still gain happiness? I know it works for EVs, but this question didn't hit me until trying to evolve a Pichu... XD;

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    So everyone knows the basics on happiness, basically you keep battling and giving your Pokemon happiness inducing items like vitamins. But it says so long as your Pokemon participates in a battle they will gain happiness. If I have a Pokemon in my party holding Exp. Share, but they do not appear in the battle, will they still gain happiness? I know it works for EVs, but this question didn't hit me until trying to evolve a Pichu... XD;

...I believe that a Pokemon will only gain happiness that way when it levels up, and maybe if said battle is a Gym battle.

Years
  • Hopefully that's true, and thank you. It's beginning to get annoying trying to switch out Pichu to try and level it. And hopefully someone has a sure answer.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I doubt that it has to be a gym battle. When you finish the gym leaders and Elite 4, what then if that is true?

Nah, I think its only level up. I don't believe they have to be in the actual battle either....xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I doubt that it has to be a gym battle. When you finish the gym leaders and Elite 4, what then if that is true?

I meant that, aside from rising when a Pokemon increases in level, Happiness might also raise if a Pokemon is involved in a Gym battle, although that might not be the case if it only holds an Exp. Share.

Either way, Happiness definitely increases whenever a Pokemon levels up, regardless of how it happens.

Years
  • I know it increases when it levels, regardless of Exp. Share or not, and that it also gains happiness for being involved in Pokemon battles, but what's bothering me, is if holding an Exp. Share, counts as being involved and that Pokemon holding it gains happiness.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back