• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Happy Chri-HOLIDAYS!

Blaze

Shine On~
Years
  • I don't like how sinful organizations and ideas use Catholic terms and ideas just to make us mad and opress us.

Like the 'under god" part. What kind of person sues over that? That offends me deeply

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I was surprised too actually Kaga~

Usually PC takes the more religon-less side on arguments. Yay for us all loving Christmas ^^;

ZOMG! We need to start a banner-sig campaign at PC! 0_0; Tomorrow I'll make banners <33 Someone help me!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Master Blaze said:
    I don't like how sinful organizations and ideas use Catholic terms and ideas just to make us mad and opress us.

Even though I'm not a Catholic, I know that it's so reviled by secularists because of its incredibly-high level of moral clarity.

Katsuro said:

This time last year.......ugh.......I don't even want to think what this thread would have been like.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • Katsuro said:

Usually PC takes the more religon-less side on arguments. Yay for us all loving Christmas ^^;

ZOMG! We need to start a banner-sig campaign at PC! 0_0; Tomorrow I'll make banners <33 Someone help me!

I know I am rather happy for such a outburst of support like this, I was used to atheists at PC.

[recalls my many fights in the T Dome about religion and God]

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Yule is the period from December 24-January 6...more commonly known as the Twelve Days of Christmas. January 6 is the traditional date of the celebration of the visit of the three Magi. I don't celebrate it; though...I'm not sure what denominations do, actually.

Hizuara

Tis the season to be jolly..
    Years
  • Yule is sometimes used as another word for Christmas and/or the Christmas Season, but it's actually a Germanic feast of the Pagan God Jul. The Catholic Church merged it with Christmas a loooong time ago though.

And Wiccans celebrate it, I think. *could be very very wrong* But I wouldn't know how that goes. I'm Roman Catholic.

I don't really know what to say that wouldn't be repeating what you've all said already.. But I totally agree *nods*

I ESPECIALLY hate it when all the commercials on television have the family Christmas parties with people saying "Happy Holidays!". It makes me want to crash the TV >__>

I can understand the 'Happy Holidays' in public thing, but you'd think more people would say 'Merry Christmas' in the comfort of their own homes..

And the 'Holiday Tree' thing is so messed up.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • Whoa never knew there we so many Roman Catholics ;P

and the name "Holiday Tree" is pure rubbish, I mean your not getting a tree for Kwanza or Hannukah

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • We celebrate both Advent and Epiphany in my church. And Christmas, of course. XD

The commercialization and the removal of Christ from Christmas really sickens me. I mean, sure, presents are great, but that's not what Christmas is all about. And we have the right to free speech, and freedom of religion. Therefore, we have the right to call it what it is: Christmas. We can't be restricted from calling it that, just because it has the C word (oh noes =O). The whole Xmas thing drives me insane for the same reason. People are trying to remove all traces of Christianity from Christmas and society as a whole, and it's really sad. =/

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • No one mentioned the best part of what those who are offended with "******"mas wants. Think about this clearly. Now, let's gather what is offending to them

a) saying Merry ******mas is offensive because that's imposing a religious belief on them
    b) dressing in "******mas-suggestive" clothing is equally offensive, same reason as above
    c) saying Merry ******mas is treating ******anity as a more "important" religion than all the others during this time of the year

What's not offending to them then?

a) go on "Christmas break!" they have no problem with that, and is in fact all for it.

Riiight... kill the holiday, but reap the break for it. In the future, Dec 25 is going to be "Hmm I don't know what the heck we are doing, or why we are doing this, but today will be a day off. Same thing for the day before and the day after, too." The next thing that happens is that coka-cola is prohibited in december because they are also suggestive of ******mas for taking a major role in the creation of the story of Santa Claus.

Good job, kids >>;

Hmm how come no one flipped the table by saying "You are repressing our religious freedom to celebrate ******mas in public!" Or "You're imposing your non-christian beliefs on me."

(PS sidenote: how's lutheran a part of catholicism and not protestants... I do believe that the leader of the protestant reformation, Martin Luther, will most likely form a protestant denomination himself instead of catholicism ;p it's all good in the end. The only denominations which I must raise an eyebrow against are the United Church/Methodist/"Liberal" Churchs personally. I just want to be technical with religious vocabulary, because we must always be "politically correct")

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Hmm how come no one flipped the table by saying "You are repressing our religious freedom to celebrate ******mas in public!" Or "You're imposing your non-christian beliefs on me."
    Because for the most part, it's not a big problem and likely never will be. The argument it's so contradictory, 'freedom of speech' can be flung around both ways in this...that or we can all just say 'Happy Nondenominational December Consolidated Holiday Day Everyone!' but that's never going to happen. I myself don't see this as a small problem unless it gets pushed for in greater numbers. Taking away the right to just say the name of the holiday takes away the right to say the name of any holiday that having to do with the men or women that found the country.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Ok. Christmas end at about jan 6 or 9 but that the ending of the nativity prayer thing we do.

I my school we were doing this prblem a month or 3 ago on naming this spirit day we decided to have. We were trying to find a name for this spirit day and it was CHristmas dress up day or Winter HOildays dress up day. We dicided to call it Winter Hoildays. Now we are about 15 to 18 when we decided on this and still in high school and celelbrate Christmas but it must be bad when we trying to word it out so we won't get in trouble. I mean we are an school organization for goodness sakes!! We should be worrying about that.

I don't like it eirher that we taking Christ out of Chrismas and I expectly don't like it we taking CHristmas out the rseason. I mean whe you think about all religions are the same. We believe that we are good and bad is bad in some form or way. Why do they care if we say Merry Christmas? I mean one of the things religions preach about is tolerence right? So can they toluate us when we say Merry Christmas? This country was base on that belife too. Tolurate us please. I do. I don't care if you celebrate some other celebration. To me your religion created that celebration so you don't feel left out in the Christmas celebration. I mean Christmas came frist or vice versa. Doesn't matter just do your thing and don't hurt others in while celbrating it.

Totluance I pearch about. Please don't ruin mycelebration becasue you don't like me and others saying Merry Christmas. "Merry Christmas you all"

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Wow, all this hatred to atheists in this thread. What happened to you Christians being all loving and crap? I'm atheist and I can see the BS is taking out Christmas and replacing it with holidays. We're not all like that. To me, Christmas is just a word, and getting offended by a word makes baby Jesus cry.

Oh yeah, and I hate Christians but I am reaping the benefits of your holiday. Ha ha!

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • We don't hate anyone, Iveechan. Just because we disagree with atheists' point of view doesn't mean we hate them.
    Well, most of us... >> *glares at Richie*

And Frosty, watch how you talk about Methodists. *glares*
    Might have to pull out the whipping stick XD

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Merry (X)mas = Merry (anything-but-Christ)mas

Yeah, political correctness sucks all. Back when I was a little kid in middle school (if you're in middle school, you're a little kid) the kids would say merry christmas and the teachers would have us make merry christmas cards for our parents and there would be merry christmas decorations all over the school. No one thought twice about it.

And now, because everything about political correctness sucks, the many have to accomodate for the needs of the few? People say that others could be offended? Who gets offended? Seriously...if someone on the street came up to me and said, "Happy Ramadon!" (I'm christian, and it's a muslim holiday) I would just smile and nod. I wouldn't get offended at all, and I certainly wouldn't sue them. People want to believe that everyone can just have one euro-religion and that everyone can have one euro-holiday and that everyone should be happy about everything.

Well tough. People always preach about accepting diversity and celebrating diversity, but deep down, all christians want everyone else to be christians. All muslims want everyone else to be muslim. All jews want everyone else to be jews. It's LIFE. The truly good people will live their life their way and allow others to live however way they want without looking down on them (as long as their lifestyles don't cause the other to hinder). How can people be so stupid as to want to get rid of God and Jesus from christmas?? How can people be so stupid as to want to get rid of God from our money? Or get rid of the bible from the goverment? Or deny the fact that America was founded on christian beliefs?

Political Correctness proves it. Money is the root of all evil.

Hizuara

Tis the season to be jolly..
    Years
  • Oh yeah, and I hate Christians but I am reaping the benefits of your holiday. Ha ha!

>__> You shouldn't judge someone for their beliefs, let alone everyone of that religion. I've met lots of atheists, and I don't hate a single one of them, thank you very much.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • It's like they (as in, anyone who aren't christians) want that holiday to exist for whatever purposes, but they will not accept why that holiday exist in the first place.

It's like saying Martin Luther King Day is going to be celebrated, but the day must be renamed because it may offend people who are against Martin Luther King's beliefs, and therefore, just call it "A holiday." Christians are always known to be intolerant, inconsiderate, unnecessarily conservative and so on, so why don't the non-Christians show tolerance by just accepting a word as it is...

(One of these days watch me rant about "tolerance and intolerance" stuff... There are some things that just can't be allowed and sadly we'll just have to bear the title of intolerance to uphold those kind of stuff)

Last edited:

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • Well, I have thought long and hard about this issue, and I have decided to change my views on this.

Big companies don't want to offend the Jews, because they don't see christ as the savior and Hannukah is on the same day as Christmas this year. I no longer believe they are doing this just because of athiests.

And I never said I deeply hated anyone, I just hate when people oppress my religion. Protestants are a form of Catholicism, I never said it was not. All these denominations came when Martin Luther broke from the Roman Catholic Church.

I just think it is wrong for a company to force a employee to say Happy Holidays, even when the person is one who clearly celebrates Christmas. I just think it is more of a issue because usually Hannukah is a couple of weeks BEFORE christmas, so they don't have to worry about saying it because Hannukah is already over.

Back