• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hard to explain my feelings - old Pokemon fan looking for help

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    Hey fellas..
    im 25 years old right now just incase you wonder...
    with the new Pokemon GO mess thats going all over the world
    i could not stop thinking about pokemon in my childhood..

first it was the TV series and the first Movie which been a huge success and made me fell in love with the series

then i got the old black and white Gameboy with a Fire pokemon game...spend so many days playing it! :D
    later on i got the blue and yellow as well!
    but eventullay i upgraded to Color Gameboy with Pokemon GOLD game and oh boy it was so good...i think i played it for like 3 years or so :D

i did some research and found out that both gold and Silver got remakes and i already got gold on my pc...thing is the graphics are really bad with emulator and its one of those games thats never meant to be on PC! - just not fun to play with KB/Mouse

so i thought to my self ...hey lets get a new console and buy Pokemon Hearthgold
    only to found out that in my country we only got New 3ds XL which is not cheap at all that cost almost 300usd! - but i can get a cheaper one outside the country...
    i also found out that no1 sells a brand new pokemon hearthgold and i cant find any of them..

i also saw the new 3d pokemon and really dont like it - i like the old ones :D
    so im asking you guys to help me out with few questions...

is it really worth me to buy a new console just for the pokemon adventure that im looking for ?
    if so...is NEW 3DS XL my only Option ? maybe i can get the normal one instead for cheap...

where can i find Pokemon hearthGold for a decent price ?

if i remember correctly - after beating the 8 gyms and the league . pokemon gold kinda over right ? is there any new content in the hearth gold version ?

im willing to pay a decent price for a console and gold hearth but paying too much money for something i wont touch later on sounds like a big waste to me

any help / advice would be nice! and sry for my english if there are any typos !

thanks!

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    Wow...
    thats great news...
    i have no words ...
    only to thank you and say how excited i am to hear that!

i just found out you got so much more content in hearthgold and that made me so excited
    and seeing your comment now...belive it or not but my heart is about to explode!

i will contact you right now :) thanks~!

wundrweapon

Memelord
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    First and foremost, your English is more than just fine! I know native speakers who can't write as well as you, so no need to fret over it!
    Second of all, glad to see you got someone to help you out with a cope of the game/DS!
    And, finally, I don't want to spoil the game for you, but here's what I will say: just like the original G/S/C, HG/SS have all of the gyms/E4 from R/B, with the edition of extra post-game content, a lot of which revolves around my favorite part of any Pokemon game - legend hunting!

Enjoy the game!~

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    First and foremost, your English is more than just fine! I know native speakers who can't write as well as you, so no need to fret over it!
    Second of all, glad to see you got someone to help you out with a cope of the game/DS!
    And, finally, I don't want to spoil the game for you, but here's what I will say: just like the original G/S/C, HG/SS have all of the gyms/E4 from R/B, with the edition of extra post-game content, a lot of which revolves around my favorite part of any Pokemon game - legend hunting!

Enjoy the game!~

cant wait to start my journy again
    ill update this post once i get the game and start playing :) - i miss my old cute chikorita :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    Which game fits me?

Hey!
    i'm starting to think about getting a "New 3DS XL" console for my self

just thinking about it because im not sure im willing to spend much money on it

but my mom gonna visit barcelona soon and VGP got free shipping promo so im thinking maybe i can get it for a decent price - then it might be worth it...

anyway for a guy like me who likes and used to old pokemon games like RED/GOLD

which one of the new pokemon games you think i should get for a new 3DS XL and why ?

also - just wonder... if i do get somehow a heart gold game - it will work on the new 3ds xl right?

and another question in that regard :D - some pokemons like regnar requires you to trade in order to evolve them...but sadly no 1 in my area/friend list play with nintendo ! so is it lost for me ? - and if its possible i would like to have a list of pokemons that require trade to evolve

and one last question lol sry!! , does normal blue garidos is better then the shiny red one ?

thanks!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • which one of the new pokemon games you think i should get for a new 3DS XL and why ?
    With a new 3DS I'd recommend getting at least one of each of the pairs of Gen VI titles. Personally, I chose AS and X, though they're all solid games and it really just depends on your choice of legendaries. XY is, I found, a little weak when it comes to the story, however.
    and another question in that regard :D - some pokemons like regnar requires you to trade in order to evolve them...but sadly no 1 in my area/friend list play with nintendo ! so is it lost for me ? - and if its possible i would like to have a list of pokemons that require trade to evolve
    There is a list here.
    and one last question lol sry!! , does normal blue garidos is better then the shiny red one ?
    Shiny Pokémon are identical, stat-wise, to normal Pokémon. The misconception that they are more powerful probably stems from the fact that the calculations for generating shiny Pokémon in Gen II made the Pokémon shiny if enough of its IVs were at some particular high value. I think. Don't quote me on that.
    np fam

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey guys, as a reminder we don't condone monetary transactions of any sort here. Reason being is because we can't provide protection or be held responsible if something were to happen and while I'm sure everyone's hearts are in the right place, for your safety I'd advise against offering payments to others, even if it's just to cover some shipping costs.

Of course we can't control what you choose to do in private but I just wanted to make everyone aware that this comes with its risks. Regardless, I hope you'll be able to get the game you want soon. =)

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    hey
    thanks for the comment
    i see you recomended Alpha Saphire - how is it compared to Gold/Silver?

there's a guy who's selling a SoulSilver in my country and i talked with him a bit
    he gave me the perfect solution...instead of wasting money on a console that i dont really need ( 3Ds)
    i can buy the 2DS instead!! its cheap and perfect for those pokemon games :D

i wanted to know if in 2DS Console and newer pokemon games like Alpha Saphire - can i evolve pokemons using the Wifi or something like that ? or i still must have another Console near by?

thanks

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • i see you recomended Alpha Saphire - how is it compared to Gold/Silver?
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are the remakes of the third generation games Ruby and Sapphire. When it comes to mechanics, it is the most fine-tuned game yet.

i can buy the 2DS instead!! its cheap and perfect for those pokemon games :D
    The 2DS is a good option, especially if you're buying it just for Pokemon games.

i wanted to know if in 2DS Console and newer pokemon games like Alpha Saphire - can i evolve pokemons using the Wifi or something like that ? or i still must have another Console near by?
    You can evolve Pokemon online in the 3DS games. However, if you plan on getting any of the DS games (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, or Black (2)/White (2)) you will need another system because the Wi-Fi servers have been gone for a couple years now (unless you transfer them to X/Y or Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, but you can't put them back into the DS games.)

Yup.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are the remakes of the third generation games Ruby and Sapphire. When it comes to mechanics, it is the most fine-tuned game yet.

The 2DS is a good option, especially if you're buying it just for Pokemon games.

You can evolve Pokemon online in the 3DS games. However, if you plan on getting any of the DS games (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, or Black (2)/White (2)) you will need another system because the Wi-Fi servers have been gone for a couple years now (unless you transfer them to X/Y or Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, but you can't put them back into the DS games.)

Yup.

thanks
    so lets say i start with soulsilver and then after i finish
    i can transfer all my pokemons to OR/AS and then use the 2ds wifi system to evolve the ones u want?

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    Finally got SoulSilver - Hope its not fake! pics inside :D

Hey !
    some cool kid in my country offered me a used SoulSilver for 18usd
    he came to a far city where i work to sell it to me so i ordered him some cold drink to thank him! :D:D

pictures >
    Hard to explain my feelings - old Pokemon fan looking for help

i hope its not fake

the thing is that now i need a console :D not sure if i get the 2DS or a New 3DS XL ! so please leave your opnions about them in here...

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I would definitely recommend the New 3DS XL. Better gaming experience altogether in my opinion.

Also, best of luck that the game is real and in good condition. I bought HeartGold on eBay a few years back but unfortunately it was a fake copy and it froze every minute or so. I never got to play.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    I would definitely recommend the New 3DS XL. Better gaming experience altogether in my opinion.

Also, best of luck that the game is real and in good condition. I bought HeartGold on eBay a few years back but unfortunately it was a fake copy and it froze every minute or so. I never got to play.

my new 2ds is on the way from amazon so ill update the post in few days
    i hope all will be well...

Back