• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Champion?

Which was the hardest for you?

• Gary/Green/Blue

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Lance

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Steven

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Wallace

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Cynthia

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

кιd

кιd!
Years
  • In (most) Pokemon games, there's that certain point in the game where we reach that certain challenge, after finishing up a challenge before (Elite Four), which is the Champion!

Of theee five champions, which was the hardest for you?

To me, Gary/Green/Blue was the hardest for me. I'm not sure why, but it's probably my Pokemon. xD

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Cynthia is the only one that had me frustrated to tears, but it's only cause that Togekiss was haxed!!

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
  • Wallace, because Wailord drained too much PP from you, and then the annoying Double Teaming Ludicolo appeared... It almost fainted all of my team members, and when Milotic came to play, she just destroyed me...

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Gary/Green was the hardest for me, but level wise its Cynthia in D/P. But the other 3 were just too, either easy type pokemon or low levels.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Cynthia, due to the fact that she has Garchomp and my Empoleon (my Ice Beam user) is weak to Earthquake and slower than it. But I seem to recall Wallace's Ludicolo annoying the heck out of me with Double Team.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Lance for me, but that was because of my complete lack of knowledge about game mechanics back when I was eight. By the time I played Pearl, I had at least all the basics under my belt, and beat her first try with my Pokemon about 10 levels lower than hers.

EDIT: Although Steven's Cradily was a complete bitca to my underlevelled Ruby team. I haven't played all the way through Emerald yet.

R a i n e+

moo~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 8, 2013
    Cynthia in DP; she's slightly easier in Platinum. Though I chose Empoleon in both Diamond and Pearl, so go figure.

I considered Lance the easiest prior to HGSS; in HG; I had trouble killing off his several Dragonites. (My Mantine, ice user, sucked. xD) IMO, Wallace is the easiest.

Years
  • I can't choose between Gary and Platinum Cynthia (her Togekiss was the only Pokemon i couldn't beat it just demolished my team)

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Definitely Cynthia and her Togekiss. I thought Gary/Green/Blue was also slightly hard to beat.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I'd say Steven since he's the only one I haven't beaten, though that's probably because I was young and decided not to battle him again, and I sold my game. :(

For the ones I have beaten it's definitely Wallace and his damn Milotic.

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
  • I'm going to vote Cynthia.

I've never said anything like this before, but I was actually really proud of myself when I faced the Elite Four in Platinum (which I am still currently playing) -- I really didn't have a hard time at all facing the Elite Four! Normally, when I'm really trying to win and make it into the Hall of Fame, I wipe out and need to start all over. I trained a lot though and got all my Pokemon to level 60 or above, and in the end, only one of my Pokemon was left KOed. I was so proud of my team! ^__^ Like I said, I never really experienced this before in all the Pokemon games I remember playing, so I was just a little excited to see that all my hours of training paid off. So, in the end, none of them were as challenging as I remember them.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Cynthia. The unpredictabilty and it's multi-type champion. Especially with her Spiritomb and chomp wtf.

Wallace? Just put out your best Grass and Electric type and your done deal.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Cynthia got the Garchomp, yo. Can't compete with that, not even Lance. D;

Princess Pichu

Art is a flash of beauty~
    Years
  • For me it was Gary. But I didn't really like the Elite 4 in FR/LG. Too hard for me...and I found it hard to train in Kanto. But Gary was such a pain. D:

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Easily 1st gen rival.

See, back then, I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't in Gen II either, but Lance is hilariously easy so yeah

With Cynthia, I never found her FRUSTRATINGLY hard, but I did have a close match with her the first time around.

Back