• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hardest Experience in B/W

Years
  • Ghetsis's Hydreigon was evil. Took me 3 tries to beat it. :/ Other than that, I never had too much trouble dealing with the gyms/trainers, etc.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Probably Ghetsis. That Hydreigon was a real pain in the arse. Thank god for Eelektross being able to paralyze and having no weakness.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Definately the battle against Ghetsis. I had to battle him 3 times before winning and I had trouble with Hydreigon in Black so I need to get a good Pokemon in White to use against it.

flubbateios

Lenora was so tough with only a Lv 20 Dewott :( I got past her after like 3 battles. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    I had a lot of trouble with the elite 4, I usually only use 3 pokemon the whole game, and I switched out my last one right after the 7th gym. So I had put all my exp into that pokemon up until the elite 4, so all my pokemon were pretty underleveled, I think my highest was level 47. The ghost trainer was probably the hardest. Her Jellicent with cursed body destroyed me.

Yambo

Power Seeker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2019
    Cynthia was crazy hard my pokemon was underleveld and my team didnt match her team well at all i got crazy chrushed :/

BaileyPlaysPokemon

YouTube Vid maker, Gen I lover
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    the elite four was difficult the first time, but trying to challenge them the SECOND time was what I REALLY struggled with.

Once you beat the elite four and start heading towards white forest or black city, you're feeling like "aww yeah, i got this!" and then some foreigner comes out with level 65 pokemon when your top one is at like 55 0_o lol.

Training for the second time was super tough in my opinion. I feel like it was wayy harder to level up after you beat the elite four the first time around

Jovi

schadenfreude
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Fighting Lenora and her damn Watchog, but other than that, the game was pretty much a breeze.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I think my hardest ones was some of the gym battles that I struggled a lot, even went bankrupt buying some potions and stuff. :'[ .. Although, my journey wasn't that bad.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • The whole game was too easy for me because I grinded like crazy after underestimating the 2nd gym leader. Even then I still beat Lenora on my 1st try.

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
  • For me, it was finding a goddamn Moon Stone for the second-last Moon Stone-evolver I needed for my Pokédex... then realising it was the second-last, and just about screaming.
    Elesa's gym was evil... I got paralysed practically every battle. I have this thing about keeping all my team at the same level, so I didn't just sweep with Palpitoad (not that I could. Blasted Emolga.)
    On White, though, most of the game was a breeze... except when I was using Deino. (I tend to run a starter+3 dragons team on my second run of any region.) Hustle sucks. Funny thing, though: I had mad luck with Dragon Rush.
    N and Ghetsis were pushovers both times (though I grinded crazily on White to get Zweilous before the Elite Four.) I didn't even use Reshiram/Zekrom - they were sent straight to the box. Hydreigon is no worry when you have a Haxorus with 2 DDs under its belt. (Cofagrigus: I can't kill you oh noes. Haxorus: Dragon Dance! Dragon Dance! Sweep!)
    Lastly: VICTINI on White! That thing just wouldn't stay in a Ball! Until I got it in a Heal Ball (which I also got Zekrom in... weird, huh?)

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
  • My hardest experience was, of course, Lenora. Even with a Pignite! That Watchog kept spamming Retaliate, lol.

And also the E4. I don't get what's so hard with Ghetsis and his Hydreigon. It was pretty easy actually, and I beat him on my first try.

Years
  • My hardest experience was, of course, Lenora. Even with a Pignite! That Watchog kept spamming Retaliate, lol.

And also the E4. I don't get what's so hard with Ghetsis and his Hydreigon. It was pretty easy actually, and I beat him on my first try.

Oh, that Watchog... was so hard.

And Ghetsis nearly took me down but I managed to beat him.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Ghetsis is really hard to beat, Even with my trained team of six, I couldn't quite whittle his Hydreigon's HP down to red. After many Full Restores only did I manage to defeat it.

Cynthia, with her Spiritomb, Garchomp, and Eelektross is pretty hard too.

Sap Sipper

Terrified of Bad Luck.
    Years
  • Either Lenora's Watchog or Ghetsis' Hydreigon. Usually, by the time I get through his team to the Hydreigon, most of my team is either fainted or badly poisoned. The only time I haven't had a problem with it was when I decided to catch Tornadus and teach it Focus Blast.

Back