• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hardest Gym Leader? Easiest Gym Leader?

Charizard :P

A Wild Charizard
Years
  • Easiest: Erika or Koga, Both of them are pathetic with Charizard to be honest, and I always had a Psychic type at the time to take care of Koga.

Hardest: Misty...ohhhhh Misty... It's easy with Bulbasaur, but man is it crap with Charmander. If you didn't get a Pikachu, you were screwed. But if you did, the hardest boss would have to be the final one.

Kelton2

Yes, That One
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    Honestly in Kanto the difficulty of each Gym Leader really depends on your team more than any other region. Bulbasaur and Squirtle make quick work of Brock but don't even try with Charmander- Misty is a nightmare with Squirtle or Charmander but luckily you can get Pikachu in the Viridian forest. All the other gyms go the same way- they depend on your starter or specific Pokemon you can find. In later gens it's best to have Pokemon weak to the leader's but if you strategize you can beat the gyms easily with anything- in Kanto it's much more type-dependent.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Easiest was Brock, because whichever starter you chose still could defeat him relatively easily with only a little bit of training. I think Sabrina was probably the hardest, or maybe Koga, only because their types were pretty hard for me to face up against, since my teams were normally Psychic- and Poison-type weak. Plus, Psychic is a pretty strong type in general.

Back