• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hardest Legendary to catch in B/W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    What Legendary did you find hardest to catch in Black and white. For me it was and still is Kyuren. Im in the process of trying to catch it now.

EDIT: Wow, 20 ultra balls wasted then one great ball catches it? also what an amazingly detailed pokedex entry. -_-

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd say Kyurem. Not only did it take a while for it to get in a Dusk Ball, but it also took a while for me to get the nature and IVs I wanted. Virizion is a close second, though

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • Kyurem is the hardest in my opinion, since it is also the toughest and will definitely make your Pokemon faint easily. It's catch rate doesn't help as well but funny enough, I caught it in a Dive Ball! xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2021
    I'd say Kyurem. Not only did it take a while for it to get in a Dusk Ball, but it also took a while for me to get the nature and IVs I wanted. Virizion is a close second, though

Virizion? I caught it first try throwing 2 pokeballs ;P

So far for me its been Terrakion. It took something like 20 pokeballs and 6 or 7 ultra balls (still caught it in a poke ball though...)

Tornadus will probably be the hardest when I've started chasing it (catching it in a pokeball is gonna be a pain...)

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • I think tornadis or landorus is the hardest because it keeps on running away like when you find latias but I still haven't caught it yet.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Thundurus/Tornadus, really. While Kyurem and others were stationary, idk, it was a lot easier for me to catch roaming legendaries in past generations :x If I had to pick one other than them though, definitely Kyurem, I'm sure I tried to catch it 10 or so times (w/o status & attacks) OR Cobalion, which was surprisingly the hardest out of all three of them of the musketeers. :x

Victini & Reshiram/Zekrom on the other hand were crazy easy. :)

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I found all of the lengendaries pretty easy to catch, with the exception of Tornadus.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Kyurem - having an attack that sets HP to its HP complicate matters. At least I still have Dusk Balls handy...

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Tornadus and Thundurus, really? Thats why you think before you go and waste the free master ball you get. I still say Kyurem, I accidently killed it maybe 15 times, I saved before I fought it so if I lost I just had to restart my game.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Tornadus/Thundurus. Roaming Pokemon are always annoying to catch. At least they don't have Roar unlike some certain legendary hamsters I could mention.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2013
    For me, Terrakion was the only legendary that took more than 5 balls to catch.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd have to say Kyurem, the musketeer trio (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion), and Tornadus/Thunderus. Mostly Terrakion and Kyurem though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2021
    All legendaries I've caught in game, with the exception of Tornadus, I've caught with a poke ball. I even got the lv70 Volcarona with my first poke ball. Now to catch my Landorus >:D

644Klaww

LittleBigPlanet + Pokemon = <3
    Years
  • All legendaries I've caught in game, with the exception of Tornadus, I've caught with a poke ball. I even got the lv70 Volcarona with my first poke ball. Now to catch my Landorus >:D

Me too! :D

Except for the fact that I've only caught Zekrom and Thunderus so far, but I got them both, as well as Volcarona, in a Pokeball. I plan on trying to get them all that way. I just bought a few hundred Pokeballs today.

I just caught a random Golbat, and used Mean Look on the Thunderus, though.. :P

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
  • Tornadus was a pain in the rear to catch until I thought to use Mean Look on it. From there, it was a breeze.

Victini was the one of biggest pains for me to catch along with Cobalion. I didn't have enough money to afford enough Great Balls and threw over 30 at it. So many resets, argh... but good thing is it had a good nature and IVs.

Cobalion was an even bigger pain than Victini! I spent THIRTY MINUTES trying to catch that thing and threw over 50 Ultra Balls only for a stinkin' Great Ball to work. Yes, I was mad.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I've found it's easier to use a Quick Ball and if you fail, to restart... that's how I've caught mine. Just takes a bit of patience, but saves a lot of money. Of course, if it was roaming... this definitely wouldn't work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back