• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hardest legendary to catch?

Which legendary was hard for you to catch?

• Mesprit

Votes: 56 22.4%
  • Uxie

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Azelf

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Giratina

Votes: 73 29.2%
  • Cresselia

Votes: 59 23.6%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Heatran

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • Regigigas

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • Other (Please Specify in post)

Votes: 23 9.2%

• Total voters

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
  • For me it was Uxie. No matter how many Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls I threw, the stupid thing kept popping out. Espically right before the Poke Ball locks for a successful capture. That happened so many times to me I decided to get one from my friend instead.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2009
    Azelf. It kept useing Nasty Plot on me so its attack was so high it would ko my LV 50 Infernape with Swift. Seriously.

Burzes

Salvation my name is WiFi!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I've gotten Mesprit near down to half health, I throw a quick ball, Ultra, or a heal ball. When it breaks out, It flees. The next time I encounter it, I'll have a master ball thanks to my Pokemon Emerald.

AmazingPiplup

Adorable! ^_^
    Years
  • Giratina for sure. It's the only legendary in Platinum I used a masterball on. I caught all the roamings in Quick balls (I let them roam around so they wouldn't run out of PP) when I slowly got them all down to one HP with false swipe and to sleep. I caught heatran with a lot of luck, I was wasting some ultra balls on it so I could use a timer ball, and what do you know one caught it! Dialga wasn't the easiest for me to catch, it was being mean. :P But I caught Palkia in a Quick ball.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    I am sure most of you have had a hard time catching a legendary pokemon in Diamond, Pearl and/or Platinum. Which one was the hardest one for you to catch?

I would have to say Giratina and Mesprit. Giratina was pretty strong for me to handle, and Mesprit just kept moving all over the place.

i would say asseas, ho ho, and shadow lugia

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Giratina by a long shot. I was trying to catch it for two hours yesterday in Pearl. It was False Swiped completely, paralyzed, and I was using Dusk Balls. Oh Giratina, you're silly.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • Any of the roaming Pokemon. Take the pain that is a normal legendary battle and add the Pokemon fleeing after one turn and having to search for it again and again and again...

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Azelf, I had like 1 ultra ball left.
    And of course the roaming pokémon.

Skitty19

Cheesecake Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2009
    It really depends. Mesprite was awful on both my Diamond and my Platinum, but on the latter it took three very long time to catch. Personally, they were both pretty bad if you ask me!

AuburnTigers

Trainer since 97
    Years
  • Azelf ftw, giratina only took 30 ultra balls, 5 dusk balls, and 1 timer ball. If you ask me giratina was easy money

JaggedMan

The Cheese Pokemon!
    Years
  • I really hate Mesprit... It took me about 68 tries to catch it. And Cresselia took me about 15 tries. Those were the hardest for me.

Years
  • the hardest on my diamond are heatran, giratina, cressilia(i took like 20 times to catch cressialia, heatran like 8 times and giratina 2 times but i caught it after 50 dusk balls) alot people said that azelf was difficult but i think it was easy cos i used 1 quick ball and CAPTURE

Back